Photo

House of Cards

62 replies to this topic
SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:52 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 15 January 2015 - 03:05 AM.

Noticed that GTAF didn't have a proper House of Cards thread (other than the older European version of HoC).

For me, House of Cards is my favorite TV series.

For those unaware, House of Cards partakes Kevin Spacey playing as Frank Underwood, a ruthless United States Congressman who uses extreme and ruthless levels of politics to rise to power within the White House. 

Check below for a trailer to House of Cards and a few GIFs. 

giphy.gif

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

Francis J. Underwood is a bad man.

Haven't had a interest in a show since the finale of Breaking Bad. I'm not even into politics and I find this show incredibly fascinating.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

Francis J. Underwood is a bad man.

Haven't had a interest in a show since the finale of Breaking Bad. I'm not even into politics and I find this show incredibly fascinating.

But as with Walter White, he's a bad man that we all love.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Great show, really takes the original and runs with it in a different setting.  Massively enjoyable.

Best thing?  The whole series arrives at once on Netflix, so you can watch two or three in an evening if you feel like it.

Spacey is awesome.  So is Robin Wright.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

New trailer for Season Three and it's amazing! The footage looks outstanding and they did a really good job with this trailer.

Really looking forward to Febuary 27th!

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:30 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 15 January 2015 - 03:33 AM.

Those of us who have not watched the House of Cards or the new "Dr. Who" better catch up on Netlix in the next week or so because there is a good chance the Netflix will be removing it from the lineup,The BBC has been having issues working out a contract

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/doctor-bbc-shows-expire-netflix-feb-1-article-1.2076549 

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

Definitely one of my favourite current running TV shows right now, the quality of it is right up there with Game of Thrones, Fargo and True Detective.

Also is season three going to be the last season? 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

It hasn't been announced that Season Three is the last and it wouldn't make much sense if it were, House of Cards is absolutely racking in awards and its Netflix's biggest runner.

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

It hasn't been announced that Season Three is the last and it wouldn't make much sense if it were, House of Cards is absolutely racking in awards and its Netflix's biggest runner.

Yeah I guess so, especially after Kevin Spacey's win. I swear I read it somewhere though.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:08 PM Edited by DOOM!, 15 January 2015 - 07:08 PM.

It'd make sense if they did it right. I'm sure if you told someone this show is about a congressman who became vice-president and then president, within' a couple months, they'd tell you that wouldn't make sense.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

It'd make sense if they did it right. I'm sure if you told someone this show is about a congressman who became vice-president and then president, within' a couple months, they'd tell you that wouldn't make sense.

I'm not referring to it being done right in terms of story, I'm saying that it will keep on going because Netflix doesn't want to just stop all of the money and attention they are getting from House of Cards.

Frank Underwoods rise to presidency was also quite a bit over a few months. I don't have an exact timeline but "year" and "years" have been referenced periodically.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:30 AM Edited by TJGM, 18 January 2015 - 06:30 AM.

Really looking forward to the next season, can't wait. Anyway, major spoilers down below so don't read if you haven't finished season 2.

I wonder if Doug died after Rachel hit him with the rock or if something happened afterwords. Of course, this trailer doesn't tell us exactly that he's dead, but we haven't seen him in the trailer and Frank was delivering flowers at a grave yard, so I assume that was for Doug.

I have a strange suspicion that Doug possibly fell into a coma or something and Frank somehow got him killed. He'd probably do this because he needs to tie up loose ends. I mean, he's finally gotten his presidency and now the guy who he just gave his third and final chance to went and screwed up again. Doug knows information that could have Frank impeached and Frank thinks Doug is the only person left who knows about the murder of Peter and Zoe.

Of course Doug dying means Underwood has no idea that Rachel and the hacker is on the loose and I wouldn't be surprised if that's a major plot point in season 3 as we've already seen the hacker in the trailer.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:59 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 18 January 2015 - 07:02 AM.

Season 2 spoilers below:

I'm pretty sure Doug is already dead. In the last episode, he can be seen laying with his eyes open with an extremely pale face so I don't think its looking too good for him but I do hope he's alive as he is a great character.

As for the hacker, he's shown as an official FBI employee in the new trailer so I think that he got the deal that he was wanting.
  • TJGM and Audiophile like this

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

Just finished binge-watching season 1 and 2 of this show... Holy sh*t! I havent been excited for a show since breaking bad!

That second to last episode with Meechum and the Underwoods and what happened after Meechum's hand injury threw me off a lot tho. I understand that Meechum is, at this point, the only person they trust, but damn! what a way to show it :blink:

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

"Shake with your right hand, hold a rock in your left."
  • the_grizzly_man and Revenge of the Donut like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016
    GTAF Snap Battle Season 2 Winner

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Just finished watching season 1.

I'll admit I was a bit confused in the first few episodes of the politics and what was really going on but towards the end of the season it really picked up and I was hooked. Especially as the journalists start to unravel what's been going on with Frank Underwood.

Going to move onto season 2 soon.

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

The first episode of season two will blow your mind.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

Anyone else notice that over time, Frank Underwood's Texas accent goes away more and more. In season 1, it was really noticeable but in Season 2 you can't really tell.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

The first episode of season two will blow your mind.

Indeed it did. I was so shocked and wanted to scream. How are they going to start the season with such a huge bombshell like that.

On episode 4 now.

Chloroform
  • Chloroform

Smell this

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

This has to be one of the best well written tv shows I've ever watched and I almost didn't give it a chance. I watched the first episode and was like okay that sucked. Good thing I watched the 2nd one, I got hooked.

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:34 PM Edited by Revenge of the Donut, 24 January 2015 - 02:37 PM.

Bought the first season about a week ago, bought the second yesterday, at first I was mainly watching it just for Kevin Spacey but now I'm hooked on the show as a whole, really loving it. It's great watching a show with such a delightfully dark, sinister villain protagonist like Underwood.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Finished season 2. Looks like the Underwoods got what they wanted.

Spoiler

Brilliant season overall. Looking forward to see what season 3 brings.

• Revenge of the Donut likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:14 PM Edited by TJGM, 11 February 2015 - 10:18 PM.

Season 3 got leaked on Netflix and it got taken down a few minutes after, I couldn't turn my PS3 on in time. D:

http://www.reddit.co..._is_on_netflix/

https://twitter.com/...631636440887297

http://imgur.com/yXBEgMx

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

I am SO disappointed that I missed it 😭.

I have never watched anything pirated before but damn do I hope someone recorded it.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:44 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 11 February 2015 - 10:59 PM.

~EDIT~

Waiting till not on mobile so I can use spoiler tags.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:02 PM

I am SO disappointed that I missed it .

I have never watched anything pirated before but damn do I hope someone recorded it.

Some guy on Reddit says he has all of the episodes opened in tabs and he's currently looking for a way to record them, hopefully he manages to do it. Not all of the episodes got leaked though, only the first 10, the last 3 weren't up. It kinda looks like they did it intentionally actually, but I'm not sure on that.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:08 AM

Another trailer for season 3! 

• TJGM likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

I'm starting to think this'll be the last season, I can't imagine how they'll continue if Frank and Claire can't even get along.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

I'm starting to think this'll be the last season, I can't imagine how they'll continue if Frank and Claire can't even get along.

Yes but Frank still has to invade Russia then gradually take over the planet, then start the interstellar empire and eventually become god.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

I'm thinking that there is at least one more season they can do. It looks like in this season Frank is running for the 2016 election and my guess is that at the end of this season, he'll win and the next season will follow his remaining time with the presidency.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users