Need Some Content Creator Ideas

36 replies to this topic
TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

I'm trying to put a capture object onto an actor and vehicle. Can someone confirm if this is possible?

1. Place Vehicle (even heli's)

2. Place Actor into Vehicle (hover marker right over vehicle) sometimes need to place them the on ground first

3. Place Object into Vehicle/Actor)

thrillhous
  • thrillhous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Is there a way to place a capture bag/suitcase in the back of a train car? 

I've never seen the train while in the Capture Creator. It can however spawn on capture jobs.

Similar to this you can place a vehicle.
Put an actor in the vehicle. Set patrol distanced to Wander.
Put a capture object in the vehicle on the actor.
This will cause the actor to just take off with the loot.

Depending on whether they are aggressive or defensive will determine their driving style.
Oddly aggressive seems to stop at stop lights. And defensive just takes off as fast as they can.

So you could for instance put a Cop in an armored truck holding a briefcase and have to chase him down.

Bonus: You can stickybomb the vehicle without destroying Madrazo's precious documents. IYKWIM.

I'm trying to put a capture object onto an actor and vehicle. Can someone confirm if this is possible?

Put the Vehicle first.

Put the actor second.

Put the capture object 3rd. (Usually somewhere near the hood seems to be where it likes to drop.)

I have not tried it will all vehicle types. But for sure it works with cop cars, personal watercraft, dingy, and sedans. 

Aurtherbunghole
  • Aurtherbunghole

Crackhead

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Good work guys! I look forward to playing around with some of this tonight/this weekend. This could make for some really fun version of captures. Being able to have this person, car, capture object in different corners of the map almost like a scavenger hunt. The Big Race. Oh GOD the creativity coursing through my viens!!! One more hour of work and to the Creator!

Ratb20
  • Ratb20

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Is there a way to place a capture bag/suitcase in the back of a train car? 

I've never seen the train while in the Capture Creator. It can however spawn on capture jobs.

Similar to this you can place a vehicle.
Put an actor in the vehicle. Set patrol distanced to Wander.
Put a capture object in the vehicle on the actor.
This will cause the actor to just take off with the loot.

Depending on whether they are aggressive or defensive will determine their driving style.
Oddly aggressive seems to stop at stop lights. And defensive just takes off as fast as they can.

So you could for instance put a Cop in an armored truck holding a briefcase and have to chase him down.

Bonus: You can stickybomb the vehicle without destroying Madrazo's precious documents. IYKWIM.

Put the Vehicle first.
Put the actor second.
Put the capture object 3rd. (Usually somewhere near the hood seems to be where it likes to drop.)

I have not tried it will all vehicle types. But for sure it works with cop cars, personal watercraft, dingy, and sedans.

It works!
I tried it on bmx, which works. Actors in helis don't seem to want to take off though. Just sit there with the rotor going.

Aurtherbunghole
  • Aurtherbunghole

Crackhead

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Wow..... nm my first draft of this was a steaming load of hot garbage. I will update and hopefully post once it's more playable and enjoyable. Still receiving feedback from the 'testing with friends' stage.

• Ratb20 likes this

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:28 PM Edited by RealHoosier07, 17 August 2014 - 05:29 PM.

Sometimes you have to set the object onto the ground, pick it back up, and then place it in vehicle.  This absolutely does work.  I have a job I created called Colorado Convoy Assault.  I have 2 teams chasing around 3 vehicles with 2 npc's and an object in each one. You can set the patrol range to Wander for the driver and this will cause them to drive around constantly.  You can give the object to either the driver or the passenger by placing the object in the car nearer the one you want to carry it.  

Ratb20
  • Ratb20

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

I encountered some problems with actors in capture. Maybe someone can tell me why.
Sometimes, if you set an actors patrol range to wander, then try to edit them, the patrol range will max out at 50, wander is not selectable.
The max actors in a vehicle is 4. (Sometimes they jump out and attack other than shoot from the vehicle.)
Actors in Vehicles only wander on paths/roads.
Setting the actors relationship friendly for all teams still attack you.

Also I didn't realise there was an official guide http://img.gtaveeb.e...eator_guide.pdf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users