• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic
senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Find some friends or a crew and stop playing with random idiots.

I've played some created content that is far, far, far better than any of the crap that R* create/verify and it's because I play stuff made by my crewmates and not random 12 year olds with an RP fetish.

I want to be able to just jump into a race when I have a few mins to spare, not have to hope that I have friends online and in GTA exactly when I want to play. 

If R* made user content invite-only so people like yourself can play and enjoy your own creations that would be fine. They absolutely shouldn't appear as quick jobs in public lobbies though.

Yeah I can agree with that.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

Or you just have multiple options for quick joins. 

Join User created or R* created, you pick each time. 

That way, user created content still exists and can be played but it won't inhibit matchmaking for R* created. 

• gizmonomono likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

It's just frustrating that it would be such an easy issue to fix with a filter or whatever and it would make the game soooooo much better.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Something needs to be done as it's getting progressively worse imo, some kind of filter would be spot on.

Thebhoys2011 is the only user content I have enjoyed albeit I very rarely venture into TDM or races.

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Swag is for kids. Class is for men.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

This is exactly the same as the one who wanted RR to be removed: you can't remove something that it's so popular just because you don't like it.

I have some nice created jobs, and there are exactly 3183 jobs created in my crew, with more than 400 members. Are you sure you want to let half the community down just because these pricks don't have any idea on how to use the CC?

toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

[User-created content] absolutely shouldn't appear as quick jobs in public lobbies though.

As a content creator, I agree with this. The quick job feature should put you in R* and/or R* verified jobs only. 

HexagoN
  • HexagoN

Greenback Boogie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

It has generally done more harm than good, I have console set to filter out user created from matchmaking. Shame because a lot of user created races are more interesting than Rockstar races

I want to do this too. Can u tell me how?

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Swag is for kids. Class is for men.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

[User-created content] absolutely shouldn't appear as quick jobs in public lobbies though.

As a content creator, I agree with this. The quick job feature should put you in R* and/or R* verified jobs only. 

But what if I want to test my job with random people? I haven't made ANY of those "$10000000 100000000RP", and I would like to test it out with people apart from my crew mates. There's even people who don't have a crew and create good content, so how would they play it?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

But what if I want to test my job with random people? I haven't made ANY of those "$10000000 100000000RP", and I would like to test it out with people apart from my crew mates. There's even people who don't have a crew and create good content, so how would they play it?

Invite people.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:55 AM Edited by LambentBunny, 06 August 2014 - 10:58 AM.

Easy solution is just giving us an option to only end up in Rockstar-created content.

Too much effort for them 

Couldn't agree more o.p it drives me crazy that i have to search for 30 mins to get any Rockstar created dms or captures 

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

This is exactly the same as the one who wanted RR to be removed: you can't remove something that it's so popular just because you don't like it.

I have some nice created jobs, and there are exactly 3183 jobs created in my crew, with more than 400 members. Are you sure you want to let half the community down just because these pricks don't have any idea on how to use the CC?

I have no doubt there are good creations out there, but they're so heavily outnumbered by the useless ones you rarely see them.

I have another idea. R* could add a blacklist option at the end of each job. If you choose to place a job on your blacklist, you'll never be put into that job again. The blacklist could be editable in the options to you could unblacklist jobs at any point if you wanted to.

That would solve the problem without pissing off the people creating proper content.

toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

"Invite all from session", "Invite Skill Matched Players", + the friends of those who've joined function. I don't think we'd lose that many people by stopping Quick-Jobbers from joining, and they are the people most likely to dislike user-created content anyway.

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

There are so many criticisms made about this game on these forums, some justified, mostly not, IMO.

R* themselves come in for a hell of a lot of abuse, but I've come to the conclusion that the one single element holding back GTAO back more than anything else at the current time is all the crap, ramp-infested user-created races and tedious 10000000RP etc etc knife-only deathmatches. Getting into proper races and death matches takes ages because of this sh*t.

The easy way to solve this problem is to remove the content creator. It's simply not adding any value to the game and is in fact having a negative impact on the whole experience.

Users simply can't be given tools like this because the vast majority don't have the wit to use them properly.

Why do some many people even do those? Like whenever I mistakenly join one is always like full, honestly there must be a lot of stupid people out there. More then I first thought lol.

(On that note there's another match that is 5,000,000 rp cash something or something, just a heads up lol)

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Invite people.
Or invite random people in your session.

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

I also use the Content Creator and think my races/DM's are good but that's just my opinion

You really would be invoking real hate for R* if they removed the Content Creator.

As others have said what they need to do is make an option to allow us to filter the jobs
on quick job which I think will come in a future update but I would also add they need to put
this on the voting screens as well as I am can't be the only one sick fed up of seeing Quarantine
EVERY time I complete a race/mission etc.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

rockstar dont care about the CC at the moment as there are still annoying bugs!!

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by Milesinho, 06 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

The other good thing about the blacklist idea is that it would encourage people to play user-created jobs at least once, knowing that if it's rubbish they never need play it again.

The Amazing Warrener
  • The Amazing Warrener

Noli timere messorem

• Members
  • Georgia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

No, thanks. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be playing self-made heists with friends.

Relative007
  • Relative007

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Easy solution is just giving us an option to only end up in Rockstar-created content.

Blind Freddy could see this should have been implemented with the addition of the Content Creator!

This oversight IMO sums up the laziness R* have shown with regards to Online unless you are exploiting money glitches and supposedly affecting their bottom line. 

GTAGlasgowStories
  • GTAGlasgowStories

Rumble In The Rectum

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Content Creator should be locked to Rank 200 or 300 people. It's mostly these low leveled RP noobs that abuse it.

So, first of all, you are saying that people who live in basements and haven't seen natural light for 5 years or people who exploit should be the only ones given access to the creator.

Secondly, you are basically judging a book by its cover. A level 25 could come up with a brilliant capture. Level doesn't mean their f*cking age or something.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Content Creator should be locked to Rank 200 or 300 people. It's mostly these low leveled RP noobs that abuse it.

So, first of all, you are saying that people who live in basements and haven't seen natural light for 5 years or people who exploit should be the only ones given access to the creator.

Secondly, you are basically judging a book by its cover. A level 25 could come up with a brilliant capture. Level doesn't mean their f*cking age or something.

so you are saying people over level 200 have no life?

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Oi, no fighting in my thread ;)

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

who is fighting?

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:10 AM Edited by doublehelix, 06 August 2014 - 11:10 AM.

It has generally done more harm than good, I have console set to filter out user created from matchmaking. Shame because a lot of user created races are more interesting than Rockstar races

Xbox Home > Privacy > Change Settings > Customize
Scroll down to Content tab
Click on Member Content
Choose either "Blocked" or "Friends Only" ( I chose friends only)
Hit Back > Save And Exit
The game will ask you to log out. Do so.
Log back in and you're good to go.

Couldn't post the link from my phone, credit to H8GodMode for posting it. Not sure if there's a solution on PSN

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Xbox Home > Privacy > Change Settings > Customize
Scroll down to Content tab
Click on Member Content
Choose either "Blocked" or "Friends Only" ( I chose friends only)
Hit Back > Save And Exit
The game will ask you to log out. Do so.
Log back in and you're good to go.

Couldn't post the link from my phone, credit to H8GodMode for posting it. Not sure if there's a solution on PSN

Does that affect other games, or other elements of GTAO?

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

OP you should copy and paste that in your first post
  • Milesinho likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Original post edited.

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:25 AM Edited by doublehelix, 06 August 2014 - 11:32 AM.

'Does that affect other games, or other elements of GTAO?'

Yes it restricts user created content in other games, it's easy to change the settings back when needed just a bit of a nuisance

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League