Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

I didn't know how to start this thread out. I know there was an old happy hardcore thread, but the last post was 2010 and I didn't want to bump it only to get locked. Anyway, happy hardcore is an offshoot of hardcore/gabber techno, but with upbeat vocals and a faster tempo. I personally love listening to it during work and when I'm just lounging around. What do you guys think of Happy Hardcore? Do you like the Dutch or British Happy Hardcore? What is your favorite song? Et. cetera, et. cetera.

Special Members
  • Special Members

Plata O Plomo

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

Reminds of the stuff you'd hear in the background in a funfair. I used to think it was fast-tempoed 90s techno. Not my type of electro, but I quite like this song, mainly because how cheesy it sounds:
DJ Paul Elstak-"Pump This Party"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=kHDHSO-cLiM
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

I used to think it was fast-tempoed 90s techno. Not my type of electro, but I quite like this song, mainly because how cheesy it sounds:

I think it has a fairly fast tempo. But then again, I'm comparing it to other techno from around the same period. It's faster than house but not as fast as Drum N Bass. It's true what you say though, it's pretty cheesy. That's what attracts me to it, mostly due to the fact that it's goofy, cheesy, and it knows it. It doesn't try to be "le magnificent sound" or whatever other music tries to be. 

3:44 has got to be the goofiest part of it, but who's to say it's not all in good and fun intent?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users