Photo

Cold Year 2

23 replies to this topic
Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 12 September 2014 - 08:24 PM.

s7rorY.png

This is a "detective" storyline with some similarities to LA Noire, Sleeping Dogs but with added features to really take advantage of objects and thinking. Two Detectives...Two Stories..Two Cases. Both stories crossover and have the same main goal, but each detective is fighting to get the bust for himself. The player will be encouraged to use thinking and observe the objects near him as Invisible checkpoints are placed, take pictures of clues and work together with his partners. This story is a prequel/Sequel to the first Cold Year. It takes place 2 years before the events of Cold Year. Some changes are made to the format the way the story is presented to make it more refreshing this time. 

P7uO6m.png

More content will be added soon...

STORY

2 Years before the events of Cold Year, before any of the events that happened at SMC, Alexandra Cross was a San Fierro undercover cop with a horrible drug addiction. Her job? To take down a group of Drug Cartels, after getting a bigger lead, her story  begins as she heads to Las Venturas, the city where drug trafficking, and Casio Crimelords hang out. Once she gets there, she thinks she is busting the biggest crime lord yet, but she is part of the bust. Forced undercover, Alex must rise to the top of the cartel, while battling her addiction to drugs. With one last chance, she must keep her shoes clean if she wants to be the detective of the year...

EPISODES

Episode 1: What Begins in Las Venturas, Stays in Las Venturas...

Case 1: The  First Chance is Always the Last

1. Busted!?! (Intro)

2. Professionally Unstable

3. Hello, Detective Cross

4. Home, Sweet Home

SIDE MISSIONS

CHARACTERS

Protagonists & Partners

Alexandra 'Alex' Cross

Guo Tseng

Arnaldo Querchesto

Carlos Mendez

Walter Peterson

Officer Jackson

• Platinum Card, LnDProductions, Abeer and 3 others like this

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by LnDProductions, 18 August 2014 - 03:13 AM.

ZIxcbo.png

"You play as a detective who is a long-time Homicide detective. He struggles through a lot of murder cases and ends up getting involved into more serious trouble and business. From having an affair to risking his life for a case that does not belong to him. All his life he wanted something new, something to really fight for, but he needs to know which side to pick and which side to trust."

STORY

This is a story of an old Las Venturas detective that worked for a long time in Homicide. His name is Spencer Kenrick, one of the best Homicide detectives that the LVPD ever had. His life was always the same, solve a murder case, live a normal life with his wife, get old and retire. But plans changed as Spencer found himself in a very difficult situation. He ends up on the claws of businessmen who are the real leaders of Las Venturas. Spencer is between life, love and death. The right choice will solve every case, even the ones that do not belong to him.

EPISODES

HOMICIDE (Lead by: ???)

Episode 1: The Roots of Homicide

???

SIDE MISSIONS

Episode 1: The Roots of Homicide

CHARACTERS

Protagonists & Partners

Spencer Kenrick  | SKIN |

"Protagonist of The Lover's Demise story, long-time Homicide detective. (more info tba)"

Roy Keefe | SKIN |

Partner in: Homicide

First-Appeared in: (mission) of (case).

"Roy Keefe is a long-time partner of Spencer in Homicide. They went through a lot together. (more info tba)"

• Platinum Card, kk. and gammoudicj like this

Agent Kowalski
  • Agent Kowalski

Secret Service Penguin

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by Be Kowalski, 05 August 2014 - 11:35 PM.

Mother-of-god-template.jpg

It's actually happening. After those months of silence... And those next weeks of waiting. Well, you know me - I'll definitely gonna play this thing. :D

• LnDProductions and The Odyssey like this

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

What I'm saying is... I'm hungry!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

You guys are back!
Awesome, this made my day :)
  • LnDProductions likes this

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

Guess we're waiting a year for this.

Nah just totally joking man, finish this sh*t as fast as possible, please, please, PLEASE!!! I can't wait to play it! Wooo!!

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Alex Cross? lol you must be a James Patterson fan.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:57 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 06 August 2014 - 07:57 AM.

NO WAY! Thank you, based Doublepulse! 

..and LnD.

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

I should stop sleepwalking.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

Looking awesome, can't wait to play it!

Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM
  • Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM

Expert Investigator

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

Cold Year 2? CANT WAIT TO PLAY!!!!!!

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Alex Cross? lol you must be a James Patterson fan.

Actually it is just a pure coincidence. I had no idea who James Patterson was before I looked it up.

If you guys played the first Cold Year, right here

http://gtaforums.com...6267-cold-year/

You will exactly know who Alexandra Cross is.  She appears in Desk 4 Case 2 as

Spoiler

Now the story is slightly figured out, and the way the missions are going to be presented are slightly different. There are still cases, and instead of Desks being 1-5, It is going to be desks like Homicide, Vice, etc.. However it is going to be also Episodic. Meaning each episode will be a pack between 3-6 cases.

The tricky part I'm figuring out as I design, is because the protagonist is Undercover and she does investigation work at the same time. I gotta mend the investigations in a way that will make sense with her criminal activities, which she will have to do in order to not break character with any criminal ties. 

The topic was actually created in the spurr of the moment, and while it was being planned for awhile, we never really thought too much about it. :p

That is just a sample how Cold Year 2 is going to be different than Cold Year lol

• Platinum Card likes this

Dyom 123
  • Dyom 123

I appreciate your input. But, please, f*ck off!

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Seriously guys, i've been waiting for this since a long time ago :) can't wait to play this . I think all of the DYOM legends are back in action!

gammoudicj
  • gammoudicj

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Finally! Cold Year 2! I remember you talked about this in The Designers Lounge months ago. Can't wait for the cases. Goodluck with this and welcome back guys.

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

I hope you will add music. Good luck.

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Look whose back. LnD and Doublepulse. Goodluck fella's.

ProDX34
  • ProDX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

Seems like the legend were back in action. Good luck with both of you, I hope those missions pack could finished soon, so that i can use my f*cking time to play the missions.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

I wasn't able to play most of the Cold Year 1 because of the fact that it, for some reason, crashed on me everytime I clicked Test Storyline, but I guess this will make up for it. Cant wait.

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

I wasn't able to play most of the Cold Year 1 because of the fact that it, for some reason, crashed on me everytime I clicked Test Storyline, but I guess this will make up for it. Cant wait.

Install Cleo4.1 and try. Trust me. ;)

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Nice, I can imagine the weight that's on you two now since Cold Year was awesome, this second one needs to live up to the expectations of the first one. Good luck with this, guys. I have no doubt it will turn out at least just as great :)

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

I'm happy to see this. I'd love to work with you guys on a project one day...though it seems that my life is about to become busier than it ever was before. Can't wait to see what becomes of this.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Install Cleo4.1 and try. Trust me. ;)

Thats what I use all the time :)

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Can't believe I didn't notice this topic before. I have almost finished Cold Year. I played the final storyline of LnD before DP's and it spoiled the whole story :D

Good to see this back. Waiting for the missions.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

It's not homOcide, you ass Lukas. It's homIcide.
Also, upload an archive with the whole Cold Year 1 so I don't have to download everything separately.
  • Agent Kowalski likes this

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by LnDProductions, 11 August 2014 - 06:04 PM.

..and LnD.

Hah, good one.

Thats what I use all the time :)

Cold Year was made in older versions of DYOM and on Cleo 3, so it might only work using Cleo3. I always have both versions of Cleo just in case.

It's not homOcide, you ass Lukas. It's homIcide.
Also, upload an archive with the whole Cold Year 1 so I don't have to download everything separately.

WELL MAYBE I WANT IT TO BE HOMOCIDE.

And yes, Cold Year will be updated and uploaded as Cold Year: The Complete Edition. It's gonna have some unfinished cases for you to muck around, etc.

• Platinum Card likes this

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

Okay guys, Doublepulse's been queit lately, and I'm here to fulfil his role and update you about Cold Year 2. I'm now officially the OST composer for Cold Year 2, well, atleast for Doublepulse's part of it, and I'm glad to announce the Main Theme of Cold Year 2! Enjoy!!!  :)

https://soundcloud.c...is-cold-yearmp3

• Agent Kowalski likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users