Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

inb4 3,297 more pointless pages. 

• mr toasterbutt likes this

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

This has to be by far the longest and most elaborate troll, EVER. "Me and 25 other people" out of millions, you can't be serious, right?

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by DopeFresh, 08 August 2014 - 05:27 PM.

This has to be by far the longest and most elaborate troll, EVER. "Me and 25 other people" out of millions, you can't be serious, right?

well considering that there are way more people who would agree with me outside the forums, im doing alright.  and im not trolling.  you ever heard of a troll with a good idea?  nope.

and why are you people so against this idea?  do you like griefing?

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Yes actually, especially when the solution opens the door for more griefing. There's already a simpler solution, you're just too stubborn to see it. If more people would learn to leave the session, griefers would just get bored. You want someone else to fix it for you, where I prefer to take matters into my own hands, got better things to do with my time than complain on a forum and wait for results.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

So if a noob is chasing me trying to blow me up and I kill him, and he keeps chasing me and I keep killing him, I ahve to pay???

This is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. 

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

So if a noob is chasing me trying to blow me up and I kill him, and he keeps chasing me and I keep killing him, I ahve to pay???

no because passive mode doesnt work in cars.  so you can kill him all you want without it costing you.

Yes actually, especially when the solution opens the door for more griefing. There's already a simpler solution, you're just too stubborn to see it. If more people would learn to leave the session, griefers would just get bored. You want someone else to fix it for you, where I prefer to take matters into my own hands, got better things to do with my time than complain on a forum and wait for results.

sorry.  im not complaining, i am giving out a good idea that would stop griefing.  you people are just too stubborn to be open to new ideas.

Azrever
  • Azrever

DJ Squirrel Nut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

I like it. But I think a better idea would be Co-op lobbies. Players could not kill each other unless they join a public PvP (What we have now), Accept a 1v1 deathmatch, or a mission DM. I'd say they could turn on PvP when in proximity to a Wanted Vehicle, or crate, but that'd be too complicated for R* seeing as they can't even fix the crates.

Doing this will make it so passive can be removed from Standard PvP lobbies entirely. Which would tickle all griefers pink.

This option is a Win-Win for everyone. Griefers get their Kill City, Chillers get a Social Experience without the risk of Random Attacks.

Our current options are Invite-Only(Lame), Public Grief fests, or Passive Mode(Which is a JOKE IMO)

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

You and 25 people think it's a good idea, 13 pages worth of the majority say no. You're the one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest from what I'm seeing dude, I think the crowd has spoken. But if you want to keep on with it, I think you'd have a better chance submitting a ticket, this thread as of yet is really not working in your favor.

LadySuperioR
  • LadySuperioR

...the name is good enough

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by LadySuperioR, 08 August 2014 - 06:56 PM.

I can understand both original op and griefing point of view. I would side with op  because being attacked multiple times whilist in passive mode really sucks especially if that person is minding their own business and doesnt bother to return fire-which in fact makes the griever look like a total asshole.

But, I also get why greivers grief, simply because they can.  Because victims do allow it. I'm not griever and I really dont like using passive mode. The idea of passive mode to me just doesnt seem right, but I see why it can be useful in some situations.

Just always watch your back when in an open lobby, its grand theft auto. You're gonna have to expect random gunfire from atleast 5 other players. You dont know everyone in the lobby or whos friendly and sh*t. Everyone plays differently.

Sad but true, if you want to be left alone maybe staying put in your apt or go to invite only session if you feel uncomfortable looking over your shoulder every 2 minutes. I like being left alone too and I dont really play invite only sessions that much. I stand my ground in open sessions. I'm not the best but I do get my point across to plenty of greivers that I'm not to be fcked with. I dont use passive mode, I always fight back.

• Lord_Smasherton likes this

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

no because passive mode doesnt work in cars.  so you can kill him all you want without it costing you.

sorry.  im not complaining, i am giving out a good idea that would stop griefing.  you people are just too stubborn to be open to new ideas.

Every. Single. Time. Can't address points. It's like, if someone disagrees with you, then he must be a griefer.

You've done nothing but complain and stamp your feet, and refuse to use the games mechanics to your advantage like everyone else does.

Just today I was getting wrecked by a guy in a jet, wouldn't leave me alone. Boop change sessions. Took me all of fifteen seconds counting load time.

Then I got my own jet and jetset for a bit.

manta5x
  • manta5x

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

I've been killing people to unlock gun tints 

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:04 PM Edited by AWEMYGOD, 08 August 2014 - 11:09 PM.

The best way to avoid being griefed is to become the griefer.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

OP is obviously trolling, why is this thread still being fed?

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

Every. Single. Time. Can't address points. It's like, if someone disagrees with you, then he must be a griefer.

You've done nothing but complain and stamp your feet, and refuse to use the games mechanics to your advantage like everyone else does.

Just today I was getting wrecked by a guy in a jet, wouldn't leave me alone. Boop change sessions. Took me all of fifteen seconds counting load time.

you have no points to make.  yet. again. you. cant. understand.  this is an IDEA thread.  not a complaint.  its an idea to stop assholes ruining the game for others.  anything that would stop that is a good idea.  so yes, my idea is good.  anyone who thinks otherwise obviously sides with griefers.  why would you disagree in the first place.  anyway, i expected to see this thread get buried, but thanks for coming back over and over again.

smiffy84
  • smiffy84

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

you have no points to make.  yet. again. you. cant. understand.  this is an IDEA thread.  not a complaint.  its an idea to stop assholes ruining the game for others.  anything that would stop that is a good idea.  so yes, my idea is good.  anyone who thinks otherwise obviously sides with griefers.  why would you disagree in the first place.  anyway, i expected to see this thread get buried, but thanks for coming back over and over again.

You have yet to make a single valid point. You don't understand its a terrible idea, by your own logic the majority of the people who have read it say its a terrible idea, because it will only encourage the thing you say you are trying to stop, griefing. If you don't see that then you are as idiotic as you make yourslf appear with the rubbish nonsense you fill our screens with. Once again its how the game mechanic was intended to be used so is not griefing, try reporting someone for it and see if they get banned. Its more likely you will be the one Rockstar punishes for filing false reports. 

Watch his reply be an almost exact carbon copy of every one of his other posts about blah blah griefing, anyone who doesn't like his bad idea is a griefer, he should get to play how he wants and nobody else can, wah wah he sucks and gets killed repeatedly because he lacks common sense and so on. This troll has gone on too long.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by DopeFresh, 08 August 2014 - 11:51 PM.

You have yet to make a single valid point. You don't understand its a terrible idea, by your own logic the majority of the people who have read it say its a terrible idea, because it will only encourage the thing you say you are trying to stop, griefing. If you don't see that then you are as idiotic as you make yourslf appear with the rubbish nonsense you fill our screens with. Once again its how the game mechanic was intended to be used so is not griefing, try reporting someone for it and see if they get banned. Its more likely you will be the one Rockstar punishes for filing false reports. 

Watch his reply be an almost exact carbon copy of every one of his other posts about blah blah griefing, anyone who doesn't like his bad idea is a griefer, he should get to play how he wants and nobody else can, wah wah he sucks and gets killed repeatedly because he lacks common sense and so on. This troll has gone on too long.

no the game mechanic of passive mode is the way it was meant to be.  but it wasnt meant to be exploited so that griefers can spawn kill someone over and over.  yet again i am not trolling, and just the fact that you say that means you have no clue what you are talking about.  yet again i am not complaining.  i am offering a good solution to the problem.  i should get to be able to play without getting spawnkilled in passive mode.

just the fact that you think griefing is ok shocks me.  and yes my replies are the same.  you know why?  because i am right and am still trying to get you to know the obvious.  and dont act like people are with you, most of the comments here are you and your buddy crying about how i want to change the game for the benefit of the masses.  passive mode was NOT intended to be exploited like this.  rockstar already changed it a llittle, but that obviously doesnt mean anything since people got millions.  

and also, if you think this has gone on too long, then you should of left a long time ago.  because i will never agree with someone who thinks griefing passive mode players is ok.  so you are free to leave this discussion, as you havent contributed anything but "this guy is trolling, go to invite only, passive mode works as intended".  ill let you know a little secret, look at the gist of the topic, and discuss about it.  i am open to constructive criticism, but you offered none of that.  you mistaken this for a troll thread, and have contributed absolutely NOTHING to it.  at least some people gave suggestions on other options out there.  while mine may not be the best, its a start.  and fyi, the only trolls here are you two.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Per request.

• DopeFresh and Roronoa Zoro like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users