Quantcast

» «
Photo

Could this forum need a "DLC Index" Thread?

11 replies to this topic
The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by The Lonesome Drifter, 05 August 2014 - 05:16 PM.

While on my break, I just checked the online section, and have spotted atleast 7 DLC concept threads in the past 2 hours alone :/ it's an interresting subject, and some of the threads are really well done, but it does all result under speculation after all.

But anyway before I go off topic, seeing as these threads are pack and parcel these days, do you think we could benefit with a pinned index thread for these things similar to those for the vehicles and jobs? It would help those wanting to discuss possible DLC features find what they are looking for without spamming threads.

And ten-a-penny, I don't want no off topic business on MY thread this time...

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

It needs a DLC concept garbage bin.

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Friendship is carrots. Hope you like carrots.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

What we really need is to calm down a little bit right now.

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

There's a section for site suggestions!?!

Why wasn't I aware of this? :(

lukeskateboards
  • lukeskateboards

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Inb4 lock.

Raavi already said concept DLCs can have there own threads.

/thread

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Inb4 lock.

Raavi already said concept DLCs can have there own threads.

/thread

When and where?

And let them lock it, I made a suggestion that's all, and a reasonable one at that (go look in the online section and you'll see why), so why this would be locked so soon is beyond me.

lukeskateboards
  • lukeskateboards

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by lukeskateboards, 05 August 2014 - 05:37 PM.

I'm aware that theres tons of concept DLC threads. I don't see a problem with them as long as they stay on topic, and the OP has tons of info/suggestions backed with pictures and examples.

The mods are locking all the duplicate concepts.

Anything else? There doesn't need to be an index because none of these concepts are ever going to happen, so a search bar is more than enough.

And Raavi just locked a thread someone made about an hour or two ago called "Concept DLC Index."

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:58 AM

all these index threads are useless.  just look at the two pinned ones that got unpinned.  useless waste of time in my book.  if you put that much effort into index threads, then you should have no problem putting the same amount of effort into subforums.

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 07 August 2014 - 05:03 PM.

all these index threads are useless.  just look at the two pinned ones that got unpinned.  useless waste of time in my book.  if you put that much effort into index threads, then you should have no problem putting the same amount of effort into subforums.

Those two that were made and pinned by uNi a moderator here on the site they weren't made by a member & were unpinned at my request because they were pinned too easy when  they weren't ready for them to be pinned

I am in the progress of working on the Car Index thread and once it is finished it will be repinned.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Those two that were made and pinned by uNi a moderator here on the site they weren't made by a member & were unpinned at my request because they were pinned too easy when  they weren't ready for them to be pinned

I am in the progress of working on the Car Index thread and once it is finished it will be repinned.

but why actually bother?  they dont clean up the general chat one bit.  and having an appreciation for every single car in there wouldnt work at all.  how many cars are in the game, 200?  you are really gonna post 200 links including all the other car related threads?

point is, its better using your energy for a greater impact than a minuscule one.

• Franceska likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

but why actually bother?  they dont clean up the general chat one bit.  and having an appreciation for every single car in there wouldnt work at all.  how many cars are in the game, 200?  you are really gonna post 200 links including all the other car related threads?

point is, its better using your energy for a greater impact than a minuscule one.

That was kind of their plan, as far as I could tell, yes. In theory it could sound nice to have a list, but there are too many cars, and not enough threads for jobs to be effective.
  • DopeFresh likes this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

That was kind of their plan, as far as I could tell, yes. In theory it could sound nice to have a list, but there are too many cars, and not enough threads for jobs to be effective.

yes in theory it is a good idea, but in practice, it will never work.  simply because of the growing content.  a subforum would not only clean the general forum, it would also give access to all the car related threads.  it would be the better decision in the long run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users