Assassin's Creed Rogue

77 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

I'm actually hyped for Rogue. I'd love to see what happened between Black Flag and AC3. And naval combat is always fun. This may be one Ubisoft game that I'll get on launch (for the PC).

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

All hope lies in Doom.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

Whelp, just saw the ending. Let's just say that the connection between Rogue and Unity is quite direct.

Spoiler

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

I got this game at Christmas. Although I sort of wrote off the series and wasn´t interested in continuing playing AC, I have found this game so much fun. I don´t know how long I´ll get out of it before it gets boring and/or repetitive but I think I´ll get a few hours out of it.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

Whelp, just saw the ending. Let's just say that the connection between Rogue and Unity is quite direct.

Spoiler

Meaning I should play Rogue before Unity or Unity before Rogue ?

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

All hope lies in Doom.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Meaning I should play Rogue before Unity or Unity before Rogue ?

I don't think your Unity experience would be hurt by playing it first and Rogue later. The link is there and it's big, but Unity in the end doesn't bother dealing with it in any way.

It feels like something Ubi intentionally left open for an ultimate Unity/Rogue/III sequel, but now we're getting Victory instead, so that's out of the window too...

BreakdowN_07
  • BreakdowN_07

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

Assassin’s Creed Rogue PC Launch Trailer

• Davo the Assassin likes this

FrostHard
  • FrostHard

Apprentice Assassin

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

This game is actually pretty optimized on PC. The specs are around the same as AC3.
Black Flag ran on my PC with 20-30fps low 720p while this ran 45-60 fps low 900p.
No fps drops whatsoever.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:51 AM

I was in two minds about getting this since I haven't completed an AC since ACIII, but playing as a Templar is a pretty bad ass switch around. I really like Shay so far.

However it seems a bit short? 

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

Being second is to be the first ones to lose.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

I was in two minds about getting this since I haven't completed an AC since ACIII, but playing as a Templar is a pretty bad ass switch around. I really like Shay so far.

However it seems a bit short? 

It only has six sequences, but the awesome story makes it up for it. The ending will f*ck your mind. Especially if you played Unity.

Have you played AC4 at least, or even Unity?

• FunkyRJ likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

I have, but I haven't finished them.

Leo2301
  • Leo2301

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

I just feel like that Rogue is a side-project, and Unity was the main star, but Rogue ended up being 'better' than Unity. Playing the game in a Templar's perspective is a different addition to the series, but Shay isn't a 'radical' Templar fighting for Order, Purpose, Control or the NWO. Instead's he is fighting to save the world from the Assassins, who do not understand the powers of PoEs. This isn't what we, atleast I expected. The Assassins were portrayed as the heros in all of the series, but now they are evil, and dumb. How could Achilles and Adéwalé, who were known to be wise and intelligent not realise that disturbing precursor artifacts of Eden could cause disturbances in the Earth (earthquakes)?

And also, Rogue's success could be that it just compiled features of previous AC games which include II, III, Pirates, IV: Black Flag, Freedom Cry DLC, ToKW DLC and Unity. That makes Rogue a great game, as it just takes all great features from previous installments and makes a great game. So, IMO Rogue is a great AC game, but not as good as ACIVBF. Regarding Unity and Rogue, I'll always prefer Unity. I did not encounter that many bugs as people said in Unity, and the game's new "modified" engine, incredible setting (back to Europe after 5 games), great gameplay and good characters.

• Mister Pink, PulpFiction, HaythamKenway and 2 others like this

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

I just feel like that Rogue is a side-project, and Unity was the main star, but Rogue ended up being 'better' than Unity. Playing the game in a Templar's perspective is a different addition to the series, but Shay isn't a 'radical' Templar fighting for Order, Purpose, Control or the NWO. Instead's he is fighting to save the world from the Assassins, who do not understand the powers of PoEs. This isn't what we, atleast I expected. The Assassins were portrayed as the heros in all of the series, but now they are evil, and dumb. How could Achilles and Adéwalé, who were known to be wise and intelligent not realise that disturbing precursor artifacts of Eden could cause disturbances in the Earth (earthquakes)?

And also, Rogue's success could be that it just compiled features of previous AC games which include II, III, Pirates, IV: Black Flag, Freedom Cry DLC, ToKW DLC and Unity. That makes Rogue a great game, as it just takes all great features from previous installments and makes a great game. So, IMO Rogue is a great AC game, but not as good as ACIVBF. Regarding Unity and Rogue, I'll always prefer Unity. I did not encounter that many bugs as people said in Unity, and the game's new "modified" engine, incredible setting (back to Europe after 5 games), great gameplay and good characters.

Rogue is an great game that is overlooked, but like you have said, it's not as good as Black Flag.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Can I play it and get the story if I haven't played Unity?

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

All hope lies in Doom.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:52 PM Edited by HaythamKenway, 09 April 2015 - 07:26 PM.

Definitely. Rogue is still a part of the Colonial Era first and foremost and only III and IV are recommended to play first due to large amount of fanservice. And the ending will only get you even more hyped to play Unity.

Spoiler

Looking back, I have pretty much the same sentiment. I really like Rogue (it's in my personal top 3, along with IV and Revelations), but it's true that it doesn't do anything beyond repackaging previous ACs in some form of "best of" compilation. It's obvious that Ubi Sofia were short on time and budget and were able to just throw in what already worked instead of trying to push the series forward in some way. We can only dream of what Rogue could have been if it was a "main" title instead of a glorified spinoff.

As for Shay not being a "true" Templar and Assassins acting like morons... I admit that I would have like more exploration on the conflicting philosophies (III and IV did a much better job at that than Rogue) and Shay actually agreeing to the Templar way of thinking (as it is, he joins the Templars just because they happen to be opposing Assassins and Monro seems to be a good guy). That being said, there is no such thing as a "true Templar" (Darby McDevitt talked about it at lenght in Loomer's interview) and I can see Shay successfully operating within boundaries of Templar ideology (but quickly siding with Assassins once Templars pull stunts like the one in Unity). Assassins acting like they did really didn't bother me either. Achilles acted very in character, considering his presentation in III (remember, he was broken and mellowed out by then - and that is saying something). Adéwalé was the Assassins' borderline irrational fixation on "STOPPING THE TEMPLARS!" taken to its extreme, but we have to remember that he was in the fight for a lot of years. People change, especially in that kind of situation and Adé is no different.

Spoiler

• Th3MaN1 and The_Ghost like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

If you guys have an Xbox one and haven't played AC4. You can get it for under $6 http://www.cdkeys.co...k-flag-xbox-oneThat's basically stealing it for that price!

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:22 AM

Definitely. Rogue is still a part of the Colonial Era first and foremost and only III and IV are recommended to play first due to large amount of fanservice. And the ending will only get you even more hyped to play Unity.

Spoiler

Looking back, I have pretty much the same sentiment. I really like Rogue (it's in my personal top 3, along with IV and Revelations), but it's true that it doesn't do anything beyond repackaging previous ACs in some form of "best of" compilation. It's obvious that Ubi Sofia were short on time and budget and were able to just throw in what already worked instead of trying to push the series forward in some way. We can only dream of what Rogue could have been if it was a "main" title instead of a glorified spinoff.

As for Shay not being a "true" Templar and Assassins acting like morons... I admit that I would have like more exploration on the conflicting philosophies (III and IV did a much better job at that than Rogue) and Shay actually agreeing to the Templar way of thinking (as it is, he joins the Templars just because they happen to be opposing Assassins and Monro seems to be a good guy). That being said, there is no such thing as a "true Templar" (Darby McDevitt talked about it at lenght in Loomer's interview) and I can see Shay successfully operating within boundaries of Templar ideology (but quickly siding with Assassins once Templars pull stunts like the one in Unity). Assassins acting like they did really didn't bother me either. Achilles acted very in character, considering his presentation in III (remember, he was broken and mellowed out by then - and that is saying something). Adéwalé was the Assassins' borderline irrational fixation on "STOPPING THE TEMPLARS!" taken to its extreme, but we have to remember that he was in the fight for a lot of years. People change, especially in that kind of situation and Adé is no different.

Spoiler

Darby is a great writer no doubt. He's the man of choice to write any AC game from now. I did not like Unity's story, because it kinda felt rushed after Sequence 8. I hope Victory would be a better game.

• HaythamKenway likes this

Leo2301
  • Leo2301

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

I hope Victory would be a better game. 

Victory should be. I have noticed that every alternatively released main game in the series are better than the ones released before. II is better than Assassin's Creed (1)IV: Black Flag is better than III, Revelations is better than Brotherhood and Rogue is better than Liberation. The first games (I, B, III and L) experiment on a different variety of game features, while the second (II, RV, IV, RG) improve them. I guess the same will happen with Unity, as Unity added a different/modified Anvil, stealth system, weapons and more features, and the game wasn't successful. I guess Victory will sort it out, and become a more popular and fan-fav. game than it's predecessor.

• Street Mix and The_Ghost like this

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

I hope Victory would be a better game. 

Victory should be. I have noticed that every alternatively released main game in the series are better than the ones released before. II is better than Assassin's Creed (1)IV: Black Flag is better than III, Revelations is better than Brotherhood and Rogue is better than Liberation. The first games (I, B, III and L) experiment on a different variety of game features, while the second (II, RV, IV, RG) improve them. I guess the same will happen with Unity, as Unity added a different/modified Anvil, stealth system, weapons and more features, and the game wasn't successful. I guess Victory will sort it out, and become a more popular and fan-fav. game than it's predecessor.

I hope so. I doubt it though due to Ubisoft milking the series and making money through it. Ubi needs to sort out all the mistakes in Unity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users