Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will next-gen GTA 5 be $10 or regular price?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic
CaptainBlack69
  • CaptainBlack69

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I know Call of Duty it costed $10 to upgrade to the next gen version if you bought the last gen version. So will gta 5 be the same?

Only version that i think is worth purchasing for another $60 would probably be the PC version because of mods and significant graphic upgrades.

Grimase
  • Grimase

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

full price, one of the reasons i'm not getting it anytime soon if at all

• quxxo and DopeFresh like this

Zeldeza
  • Zeldeza

Master Sniper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if I have to buy it full price again.. 

• DevilDaRebel likes this

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if I have to buy it full price again.. 

Nobody is forcing you to do it. 

• SirFiras47, Metal Slime, TimelyMeerkat and 2 others like this

Grimase
  • Grimase

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

With the way they handled this game on PS3 I don't really have much trust in R* anymore.

Last thing I wanna do is speand another $60 on a game that is going to try and take more $$ from me at every chance..

• blk95ta, DIEXEL, Magick and 3 others like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

Too old for this sh*t

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

As far as I can remember, it's going to be full price. But kids beware: don't buy it because of the beauty of the trailer: it's all lies and rendered on PC. 

• don ovdi' island and Grimase like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Roark!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

It will be full price guy.

Just because Take2 made 1billion dollars, doesn't mean they don't want another billion...

• LonerStoner97, robban, Grimase and 2 others like this

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

As far as I can remember, it's going to be full price. But kids beware: don't buy it because of the beauty of the trailer: it's all lies and rendered on PC. 

So I should buy on the PC is what your saying?
  • CaptainBlack69 likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

That $10 upgrade shtick was only for the first few months of New-Gen
  • Heists likes this

LawstFawkz
  • LawstFawkz

Kinky Car Freak

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

The trailer was recorded on PS4
  • WetWoolley and Karlitoz-E like this

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

I wont buy it straight away. I'll read some reviews and such first. More than likely I will end up buying it at some stage.

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

I hope it'll be cheaper. COD Ghosts and GTA V did make about the same amount of money..

Hopefully the PC version doesn't use social club (or at least updated it)... that program was tragic.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

When I buy it in 2020 from the bargain bin, it will be $10 :)
  • Besty.88, 92Jdmsupra, Grimase and 2 others like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

With the way they handled this game on PS3 I don't really have much trust in R* anymore.

Last thing I wanna do is speand another $60 on a game that is going to try and take more $$ from me at every chance..

This. If R☆ pulls something sneaky out of their ass like "we've decided to only release heists on next gen" that will hopefully hurt their next gen sales as i hope people are smart enough not to buy a game again on a newer system for a feature they were promised on the older system. It would be a bad PR move if R☆ does this.
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE, 2281, Omnifarious and 2 others like this

MadDasher
  • MadDasher

Professional Driver

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

I can guarantee that it is going to be $70-80, no trade-in, and knowing R* they might even pull some BS like having to pay $20 for previous DLC and then also have to pay another $10 for Heists. Sounds about right...

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

The past tense of cost is cost.
  • SK1NJ0B, Strikeslip, WarnerKiller and 3 others like this

Blackened
  • Blackened

Fan of all GTAs

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

I can guarantee that it is going to be $70-80, no trade-in, and knowing R* they might even pull some BS like having to pay $20 for previous DLC and then also have to pay another $10 for Heists. Sounds about right...

Yes, because Rockstar are known for making a game for one generation, reiterating it on another and charging for free DLC as well as charging extra for features that they advertised as being included (I know, I know).

You anti-Rockstar people need to step up your game. So many financial/commercial experts based on nothing more than "I want this and I want it now".

Chill out. Every piece of content has been free. The only thing you are "owed" is heists, which either have a fundamental issue or they are holding it back to test shortly before the redux. I won't defend Rockstar, but pick your battles and learn how to sound somewhat understandable of the subjects.
  • Mathew4296 likes this

NecroNeedle
  • NecroNeedle

Wayward Son

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

no way im paying 60 dollars again for it on next gen.

surprised they ddnt do one of the trade in things like MC is doing.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:40 PM Edited by jptawok, 05 August 2014 - 03:41 PM.

So what you're saying is, buy it for PC  :lol:

So how did it work for CoD?  Did you enter the SKU into the PSN/XBL or something to get the upgrade?  Even  if they don't offer a deal, this game will be modded so hard, it'll be like having a thousand games in one.  People are STILL modding 4.

GrandTheftAddict91
  • GrandTheftAddict91

Professional Dodo Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

More than likely it will be full price, which I have no problem with. I traded in my Xbox 360 copy and got around $20 for it to put towards the pre-order on Xbox One. The only reason why companies did that $10 upgrade program when the new generation of consoles came out was for people to have more incentive to buy an Xbox One or PS4, I highly doubt they will offer an upgrade program at this point. Who knows though, GameStop and other retailers may still offer some kind of promotion in the months leading up to release.

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

Its already been  confirmed there's no upgrade discount, I'd dig up the quotes but I couldn't be arsed lol. Unless theres's a significant improvement (which I highly doubt) I'm not dumping another 60-70 quid on the game again.

Rashers-
  • Rashers-

Pro.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

That pic looks just like Sanjay from Splitter Scuffers, OPs pic.

bigc_kbc
  • bigc_kbc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

I looked up pre-order recently while researching console upgrading. Its listed at $89 AUD on the JB Hi-Fi website.

$10? f*ck no, they want new game money.

Grimase
  • Grimase

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yes, because Rockstar are known for making a game for one generation, reiterating it on another and charging for free DLC as well as charging extra for features that they advertised as being included (I know, I know). No but up until now R* was not known as the $$ grubbing monster it has become. Can you really in your heart tell me they havent taken this kash kard thing too far?

You anti-Rockstar people need to step up your game. So many financial/commercial experts based on nothing more than "I want this and I want it now". I'm sorry but after waiting for almost an entire year for something promised at launch i think we deserve to be alittle pist. then add the fact that they are now rereleasing it to current Gen and the fact that it looks like that is all they care about and I'm bout ready to lose it.

Chill out. Every piece of content has been free. The only thing you are "owed" is heists, which either have a fundamental issue or they are holding it back to test shortly before the redux. I won't defend Rockstar, but pick your battles and learn how to sound somewhat understandable of the subjects. Spoken like someone who will rush out on release day and buy a brand new copy of and already owned game. I'm sorry but anything you say about this topic from here on out will fall on deaf ears.

And here we go. see reply in red.

To sum it up. R* has gone from what to me was one of the best game makers to just another money hungry company. Granted that is their choice but to me it's shame. This could have been one of the best games ever and instead it has become a kash kard ad mostly a beta for current gen.

Say what you will but the facts are right there, ignore and argue all you want but I only go by what is shwon to me not what I want to believe.

• gpcguy1 and marco-polo like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Don't care. I'll be buying it anyway on ps4/PC since my crew is doing the same.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

they lied to us to begin with.

gta_5_screenshot_2.jpg1c5.jpg

theyve been showing us the next gen version all along!

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yes, because Rockstar are known for making a game for one generation, reiterating it on another and charging for free DLC as well as charging extra for features that they advertised as being included (I know, I know). No but up until now R* was not known as the $$ grubbing monster it has become. Can you really in your heart tell me they havent taken this kash kard thing too far?

You anti-Rockstar people need to step up your game. So many financial/commercial experts based on nothing more than "I want this and I want it now". I'm sorry but after waiting for almost an entire year for something promised at launch i think we deserve to be alittle pist. then add the fact that they are now rereleasing it to current Gen and the fact that it looks like that is all they care about and I'm bout ready to lose it.

Chill out. Every piece of content has been free. The only thing you are "owed" is heists, which either have a fundamental issue or they are holding it back to test shortly before the redux. I won't defend Rockstar, but pick your battles and learn how to sound somewhat understandable of the subjects. Spoken like someone who will rush out on release day and buy a brand new copy of and already owned game. I'm sorry but anything you say about this topic from here on out will fall on deaf ears.

To sum it up. R* has gone from what to me was one of the best game makers to just another money hungry company. Granted that is their choice but to me it's shame. This could have been one of the best games ever and instead it has become a kash kard ad mostly a beta for current gen.

Say what you will but the facts are right there, ignore and argue all you want but I only go by what is shwon to me not what I want to believe.

Another "Rockstar is a money hungry company" type post. I hope you're referring to just online.
  • PS3_Pan likes this

Grimase
  • Grimase

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

Another "Rockstar is a money hungry company" type post. I hope you're referring to just online.

Hope all you want but It's more then just online. Really what cause do they have to port the entire game over to current gen other then money?

"Ohh to give a new experince to the gamer" ummm no thanks already played the game once don't see a new system making it any better. So than that leaves online. Ok so they want to move GTAO to the current gen, do they really need an enitre game for this?

Hmmm makes me wonder, either way it shows the same thing. Rehash a great game for a new system to make more money with little effort or get us to pay more fo the online all over again since we have all been playing a beta the whole time. You take your pic which ever way you slice it that pie is still half baked..

Blackened
  • Blackened

Fan of all GTAs

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:01 PM Edited by Bat Country, 05 August 2014 - 05:10 PM.

All I know about cash cards is that I have made my way to level 86 with cash being no issue. At no point have I had to buy cash cards to make it in the game. I win races in stock cars versus tuned. I've destroyed people with "lesser" weapons. Most of the stuff you can buy is unnecessary fluff. Cosmetics. If you think you have to spend $900,000 on a super, save your money. That's how the real world works. That's how GTAO works. Those cards are the pay to win option that people with little time to play the game use, or people without patience. The latter is very common in the gaming community. If you want to see a pay to win game, check out Battlefield's latest iterations. Those fast track things to unlock weapons are about as cheap as it gets. This is how gaming is going thanks to the idiots that throw money into their iPhone's on rehashed indie games.

Sure. Be pissed. If I cared enough about heists, I guess I would be too. That said, having been in work since I left school, I know that projects go wrong, sh*t gets delayed. Sometimes, things get scrapped and started again. Most game developers do not indulge their community because as I said elsewhere, they will rip a statement apart trying to figure everything out before an official release. 

That said, there is no release date for the redux. There is no release date for heists. In my opinion, heists will come out a month before the redux as a test platform. Any bugs can be worked out for the new platforms before release. This is mostly new to Rockstar. Give them the benefit of the doubt that there is a problem or reasoning behind their thinking. 

And before you say they are holding them back for the redux, it's likely, but it's a great business move and that's exactly what they are. A money driven business with employee's to pay and stock holders to be fed.

Nah. I actually understand how businesses operate and how plans can go to pot. You got exactly what you paid for. GTA V was not initially advertised as having heists from the beginning. You paid for a full story mode as well as an additional multiplayer world that has been given several free download packs and several patches. And before you go off on how they haven't fixed anything, title updates cost roughly $20,000 after the first two (IIRC). 

I will buy GTA V on PC once I see what I get. I'll live with what I have for now. I'll continue to hope it is developed and cleaned up further, as well as being patient and understanding this is more than just throwing sh*t out and hoping it sticks.

Won't bother replying to that last part. Just sounds like a spoiled child. Rebuttal in orange.

• Heists likes this

A Parked Car
  • A Parked Car

Snitch

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

full price, one of the reasons i'm not getting it anytime soon if at all

You seem like the kind of guy that moans every chance he gets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users