Money, Power, Respect.
Developers: Rockstar Games
Publishers: Rockstar Games
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One.
Release Date: November 26 2018.
Grand Theft Auto: Las Venturas takes the player back into Las Venturas. Into the glitz and the glamour set in the modern era. However beneath the casinos and colors lies a dark criminal underworld...
Before you proceed into the thread, please note that this topic is still a work in progress and will be updated regularly in the coming weeks. All GFX'es are made by Graven. Also thanks to Universetwisters for his attempt at the GFX. Also please keep in mind that this is (technically) my first concept thread, so don't expect it to be too ambitious.
- There are now 3 difficulty modes to choose from. Easy, Normal and Hard.
- There is also an option to toggle between "realistic" and "arcade" driving.
- Gambling makes a return.
- GTA IV's ragdoll physics return.
- Thanks to the new hardware, most of the buildings in the game are enterable. All casinos in Las Venturas are fully enterable.
- Gangs are a lot more detailed. You will rarely see the same gang member once. You can recruit gang members and go chill out or pick up a fight with another gang.
- You can recruit pedestrians.
- You can interact with pedestrians.
- The LVPD database is present in the game, similar to GTA IV's LCPD database. Now you can take pictures of random peds in the street and get information about them. Whether they are a criminal or not.
- The phone in the game is an iFruit 2. Now you can reply to text messages all by yourself. You can also browse the internet, take pictures, replay missions etc. You can download songs from the in-game internet on to your phone and listen to them any time you like. On PC, you can use the phone to access the Video Editor.
- The AI is now much more advanced. AI will use cover and blind-fire. If you are involved in a fight against another gang, they will be a lot more strategic. (Ex: There will be a sniper on the rooftops to snipe out the enemy).
- Cops in the game are less hostile than in GTA V. If you are on a one star wanted level you can approach a cop and pay him a small amount of money to get him out of your tail. This isn't available for wanted levels higher than 1 star.
- You can customize your car. Customizing is a lot more in-depth and is similar to Midnight Club: Los Angeles.
- You can customize yourself as well. Haircuts, tattoos, clothing etc.
- Now you can rob any ped in the street (excluding female) of their clothing and use it as a disguise to evade the cops.
- You can turn the engine on/off.
- Gang wars make a return.
- You can rob stores. This works similar to Mafia II. If you rob a store and come back to the crime scene, there will be reporters and cops all over the place. If they spot you, it will trigger a two star wanted level.
- Stealth in this game is much more advanced. You can boost your stealth stat by attending training sessions, once it is full. You can use it to near perfection.
- The checkpoint system in missions has been removed. You can now complete missions in plenty of different ways.
- Peds are a lot more alive than ever. If you follow a ped, you can see them entering buildings. Later in the day, you'll see the same ped returning home.
- GTA IV's fighting mechanics return, with more new moves.
- Features Bullet Time from Max Payne 3. Gunplay extremely similar to MP3.
- You can bribe the hospital staff or police to return your weapons after you get busted/wasted. This feature was first present in Vice City Stories.
- The Gym returns.
The economy system has been completely revamped for GTA VI. Now you can purchase items and upgrades for your safe-houses at various stores. Mission rewards have been considerably reduced. There is also a debt system. If you run out of money through over-spending/gambling you will get a call from an unknwon Mafia leader who warns you to pay money to him before a fixed date. If you lost all your money through gambling, you will be barred from entering any casino in Las Venturas.
If you fail to pay the money within the given date, you'd have the mafia thugs on your tail all the time, thus making it almost impossible for you to play the game properly, shaking them off is almost impossible because they come with well armed shotguns and body armor.
Additionally you can buy and sell properties you own. You can also purchase rare cars for a hefty price in game websites. And a few planes too. These cars and planes do not appear in free-roam.
Classical side-missions such as Vigilante, Paramedic, Fire-fighting, cab fares, rampages, import/export missions make a return.
Hidden Packages: These make a return. There are 100 hidden packages around Las Venturas and it's surrounding areas.
Gang Wars: Gang Wars work the same way as in San Andreas but are a lot more strategic. You can now choose a team of 8 gang members and decide who is going to be the sniper, backup etc. The AI will be much more advanced and will take cover behind vehciles, etc.
Silent Assassin: This is a new side-mission. You'll get calls from members of the Las Venturas crime family who will ask you to take out a series of opponents using stealth only. This is a good way to earn money and boost your stealth stat.
Random encounters: Random encounters return in GTA VI. These random encounters are much more random than in GTA IV or GTA V. The events are very sudden and varied. They take place all over the map. Roughly there are at least 50 such encounters.
Street Racing: This classic game mode returns in GTA VI. Now you can choose a specific car you want to use in races. Sometimes there will be races involving you versus other gangs. Also there is a new type of racing called "Plane Races" which allow you to race with planes against the AI.
Heists: These make a return. You can now use heists whilst in free-roam. Choose a team of 4 members and take them on a heist. You can also choose to go in alone. This increases the money you get from a heist but also reduces your chances of surviving it.
Burglary: This returns from San Andreas but is much more advanced. You can now rob any house in Las Venturas and it's surrounding areas. You plain in the morning. Select a house, keep a truck ready, select a garage to pack up the loot and you are good to go. Come back in the night and silently raid the house. You can choose to kill the people in the house but this triggers a wanted level. Once the raid is completed, pack it up in the truck and deliver it at the garage. The furniture..etc goes directly to a dealer who gives you a fair amount of money in exchange for it.
Shooting Range: Shoot a variety of targets in the shooting range in Ammu Nation against other competitors.
Mini-games included in the game are:
Air Hockey: The mini-game from EFLC returns in VI. Play against the AI or a friend whilst hanging out. Additionally you can also compete in mini-tournaments.
Wrestling: Take to the ring and show off your skills! Wrestling makes a debut in GTA VI. There are also mini-tournaments for Wrestling.
Arcade gaming: Play games on Arcade machines.
Street Soccer: Take to the street and show off your footy skills!
Gambling: This feature returns. Additionally you can also develop a skill to count cards. Remember though if you are caught counting cards you will be temporarily barred from entering that casino.
BASE jumping: Take a spin from some of the highest skyscrapers in Las Venturas.
(This list is still a work in progress and will be updated regularly)
Will be updated as the story progresses...
When Edward Norton gets involved in the middle of a badly gone drug deal in Los Santos, he gets arrested by the Police. From there on he is sent to a prison on a lone island near Las Venturas. There he meets a new friend (Francesco Perez) an Italian born American in prison. From a petty thug in the street, he ventures beneath the dazzling lights of Venturas, into it's deep criminal underworld...
Born: Vice City, Florida, USA.
Back-story: Edward Norton was born on July 26th 1988. He lost his father at the age of 5, after which his mother moved to Los Santos. However at the age of 10, his mother died. With no financial support or help, he quit schooling and began his life as a street thug in LA. He was mostly involved in petty work for various gangs in Los Angeles. (Overseeing drug deals, purchasing weapons... etc) however he specialized in making cars and racing. His dream was to become a world famous street racer.
Events in Los Santos: Edward was sent by a Grove Street leader to oversee a drug deal with a small drug cartel. Edward was present at the scene. However it turns out the drug dealers were actually undercover cops. While the other Grove Street members present fled the scene, Edward was caught and sent to the Police.
Events in Las Venturas: After being interrogated by the police, Edward was sent to "Lone Island" a prison situated in a lone Island, south of Las Venturas for an indefinite period. There he meets another prisoner, Francesco Perez. The two of them eventually become good friends.
Introduced in: Caught in a trap.
Born: Florence, Italy. (US citizen)
Introduced in: ---.
To avoid potential spoilers, this section will be updated as the story progresses.
Mission #1: Caught in a trap. Coming Soon.
Grand Theft Auto: Las Venturas features an extensive online mode with an amazing 256 players. Players can partake in a variety of activities and mini-games as well as free-roam the city. More information on this exciting mode will arrive later.
August 5th 2014 - Topic started.