Above the Law (Police DLC Concept)

84 replies to this topic
Hidden Zombie
  • Hidden Zombie

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Cop dlc are not a good idea due to the fact that it destroys the story and that your have to follow rules if your a cop

Implying GTAO has a story :p

Indeed. Just because you show up on a jet plane and awkwardly befriend Lamar doesn't mean there's any kind of tangible story line. If there was, doing Rooftop Rumble for the four hundredth time would probably tip off someone with a badge.

Screw the story, it's lost. Give us cop stuff. I've recently been swiping the sheriff cruiser in Paleto just to pull over npcs when I get bored.
  • Aby likes this

GTA Master
  • GTA Master

I got Bleets from Sprunk!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Beautiful. Amazingly thought out. 

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

What about the ability to take off the police lights and markings so you can have a civi version of any police vehicle?

#DXPPER
  • #DXPPER

future hive

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

I'll take the police cheetah.
  • dead goon and Johnny Sins like this

SideStunt
  • SideStunt

"He's covered wars, ya' know."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

I really like this concept, but knowing R* they probably won't do it. 

I hope they do, because everything in this is PERFECT.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

I would LOVE to see it in game. Very good concept.

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

What about the ability to take off the police lights and markings so you can have a civi version of any police vehicle?

Only vehicle I see worthy of that treatment is the Police Interceptor to be honest.
  • Pastry likes this

Defender1904
  • Defender1904

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

Let's make R* make this happen!! Or at the least be able to store and mod police vehicles an buy them on the website. Awesome ideas!!

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

This would be great, at last we wouldn't be forced to boring ways of street crime, rather instead we could get our own "justice" level of crime.

The Happy Clown
  • The Happy Clown

Want a balloon? They float, they all float!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

This is great and should be added but you know Rockstar.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

As a Law Enforcement enthusiast I would like this concept DLC very much. If this DLC could correct the emergency vehicle liveries inconsistencies/inaccuracies, then I'd throw my wallet to you. :)

Cheers.

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Fly Goils. :U

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:15 AM Edited by BitPieStudios, 06 November 2014 - 04:32 AM.

Grats for the bump Bio! I think you already know how much I like the things you posted here. UuU

edit: also, it looks like we both got the fabled GOLD STAR. *u*

• Aby likes this

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

I'd pay a lot of £ for a Swat uniform...

I'd pay even more for some FBI gear! 

Great idea OP. Will Rockstar listen to us; I've seen countless Police DLC concepts which only get positive feedback. 

rockstar pls

• Aby likes this

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:11 AM

I'd really enjoy a SWAT/FIB helmet, especially since my GTAIV character always had a Noose helmet on.

• Governator likes this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

I approve.

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:01 AM

I'd really enjoy a SWAT/FIB helmet, especially since my GTAIV character always had a Noose helmet on.

It was a great looking helmet. It made the grind worth it... 

ArarielFett
  • ArarielFett

Sheriff

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by ArarielFett, 10 November 2014 - 01:13 AM.

I dont' like being a negative Nancy, especially when this idea is somethig I have wanted for a long time, but it's not going to happen unless Rockstar finally caves in and realizes it's not about what they want.  One of the best things about GTA IV that most people know of/remember is LCPDR:FR.  Look at how big that community, that side, of the game was.  and Rockstar KNEW IT!  At some point, they had to of realized how big that side of the game was, so it's not a case of "they don't understand".  It's a case of Rockstar being selfish and stubborn.  It's all about what THEY want out of their game.  Sure, they may add certain things that some users want, but the majority of us that want a police side to GTA 5/Online, are never going to get what we want, because it'd "destroy what Rockstar wants out of their game", which is everyone doing dirty and illegal deeds.

Hell has f*cking frozen over if someone doesn't kill a prostitute and instead chases after criminals in the world of GTA 5/Online.  This sole topic is part of the reason I don't play as much of GTA V as I'd actually like.  You can only enjoy so much of driving around in amazing law enforcement vehicles doing fake traffic stops before it gets boring.   What is Rockstar scared of?  Everyone will abandon the criminal side and become cops?  'Cause that's not going to happen.  A lot of people may, but a lot will also stay on the bad side of the law. 

No one is asking you to change your game completely from criminal to a police game.  We're not asking to get rid of the cops, the wanted levels, the crimes, the hookers, none of it.  We're asking for the OPTION IF WE SO CHOOSE to be on the Law Enforcement side. What is so wrong with that concept, with changing the game a bit and trying someting new?

Get over yourselves, Rockstar.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

I dont' like being a negative Nancy, especially when this idea is somethig I have wanted for a long time, but it's not going to happen unless Rockstar finally caves in and realizes it's not about what they want.  One of the best things about GTA IV that most people know of/remember is LCPDR:FR.  Look at how big that community, that side, of the game was.  and Rockstar KNEW IT!  At some point, they had to of realized how big that side of the game was, so it's not a case of "they don't understand".  It's a case of Rockstar being selfish and stubborn.  It's all about what THEY want out of their game.  Sure, they may add certain things that some users want, but the majority of us that want a police side to GTA 5/Online, are never going to get what we want, because it'd "destroy what Rockstar wants out of their game", which is everyone doing dirty and illegal deeds.

Hell has f*cking frozen over if someone doesn't kill a prostitute and instead chases after criminals in the world of GTA 5/Online.  This sole topic is part of the reason I don't play as much of GTA V as I'd actually like.  You can only enjoy so much of driving around in amazing law enforcement vehicles doing fake traffic stops before it gets boring.   What is Rockstar scared of?  Everyone will abandon the criminal side and become cops?  'Cause that's not going to happen.  A lot of people may, but a lot will also stay on the bad side of the law.  Get over yourselves, Rockstar.

Agreed. I have a feeling that Rockstar emulated the police modding scene to an extent. Have a look at the police car models themselves. About Rockstar making a 'LCPDFR' style mode I don't want that happening. I like the fact that as a result of it being a modification forthe game it makes it better and as a result receives updates more often.

Cheers.

ArarielFett
  • ArarielFett

Sheriff

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

Hell has f*cking frozen over if someone doesn't kill a prostitute and instead chases after criminals in the world of GTA 5/Online.  This sole topic is part of the reason I don't play as much of GTA V as I'd actually like.  You can only enjoy so much of driving around in amazing law enforcement vehicles doing fake traffic stops before it gets boring.   What is Rockstar scared of?  Everyone will abandon the criminal side and become cops?  'Cause that's not going to happen.  A lot of people may, but a lot will also stay on the bad side of the law.  Get over yourselves, Rockstar.

Agreed. I have a feeling that Rockstar emulated the police modding scene to an extent. Have a look at the police car models themselves. About Rockstar making a 'LCPDFR' style mode I don't want that happening. I like the fact that as a result of it being a modification forthe game it makes it better and as a result receives updates more often.

Cheers.

Not everyone has the PC capable of running big games like GTA.  On top of that, some of us have never done modding before on games.  I don't want to spend time throwing in a bunch of mods, and then modifying them later just for something I want.  I want to throw my game in and play.

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:56 PM

This is such a good idea! Wish I could play it right now!!! I know I'd pay for this DLC....but it's not gonna happen.

So much disappointment. :(

• Aby likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

This is by far the best DLC Concept and I would totally pay 20 bucks for it. :^:
  • Aby likes this

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

Cop dlc are not a good idea due to the fact that it destroys the story and that your have to follow rules if your a cop

Implying GTAO has a story :p
Indeed. Just because you show up on a jet plane and awkwardly befriend Lamar doesn't mean there's any kind of tangible story line. If there was, doing Rooftop Rumble for the four hundredth time would probably tip off someone with a badge.

Screw the story, it's lost. Give us cop stuff. I've recently been swiping the sheriff cruiser in Paleto just to pull over npcs when I get bored.

Besides, some of the biggest criminals are law enforcement

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

This is the best DLC concept I've ever seen. :^:

• Aby likes this

truxton
  • truxton

''Kill or be killed!''

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

I really like this idea,I think they should either add a DLC of this or make a separate game where your on the laws side,I know we had L.A noire but I want a modern city.I feel like crying because this looks so good.

• Payne likes this

YankeeZulu12
  • YankeeZulu12

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

Hello, I've emailed Rockstar including this page with all the replies, hopefully they will hear us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users