Above the Law (Police DLC Concept)

83 replies to this topic
MONKEYbusinezz5
  • MONKEYbusinezz5

what's a madrazo?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

What about the stun gun? It would be a blast to spawn-taze some annoying squeaker.

Senor_taco28
  • Senor_taco28

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

I love this. By far the most thought out thread about a Police DLC. This makes me want this kind of DLC more than ever.

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 05 August 2014 - 02:32 PM.

Must say that i almost never like police dlc's, but this one is nice!

This.  I enjoy criminal roleplay and don't really have a desire to be a cop, but I have to admit that this DLC is well thought out.

That EMP weapon will get sooooo abused in free mode.  Bounty hunters will love it..

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Police Cheetah
-The classic police vehicle from Vice City returns.Chase down criminals in the iconic car of the 80s! Civilian version also available. http://img4.wikia.no...TAVCS-front.jpg
Price:675k

I was honestly thinking to add this, since the Cheetah was my favorite vehicle in the 3D era, but it being put in would be way to good to be true.  But then again, this is only a concept anyway, lmao.  I'll add it to the OP :^:

TurboLag23
  • TurboLag23

Track day, bro!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:52 PM Edited by TurboLag23, 05 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Good stuff!!  I especially like the Vigilante Mode idea; that could be a LOT of fun.

The only police vehicle I personally would want is the Ford Taurus SHO police car.  If we had the ability to store and modify one of those, I would be thrilled.  Single-tone paint (either black, gray, or white), light window tints, stock wheels with bulletproof tires, full armor, and full engine modifications...  that would be my go-to urban assault vehicle.

2013-Ford-Police-Interceptor.jpg

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Really great idea

support!!!!

also tell :r*:

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

nice.

i would like that song added tho

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

At first, I thought you meant these fellas

AboveTheLawLivinLikeHustlers.jpg

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

These are awesome ideas.

But they will never let us do cop stuff and they refuse to tell us why :(

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

These are awesome ideas.

But they will never let us do cop stuff and they refuse to tell us why :(

Because Rockstar has a no-fun policy :p

• SirPhilMcKraken and Agent_Ace like this

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Maybe having the unmarked crownvic without the push bars, custom rims and tints would be cool, but I'm not big into the rest of the cop shxt.  Black and white cars i could pass on and dressing like one?  Nah I'm good.

You get a like, however, for the 3d Era Cheetah…  :inlove:  

SanAndreasRolePlay
  • SanAndreasRolePlay

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Good stuff!!  I especially like the Vigilante Mode idea; that could be a LOT of fun.

The only police vehicle I personally would want is the Ford Taurus SHO police car.  If we had the ability to store and modify one of those, I would be thrilled.  Single-tone paint (either black, gray, or white), light window tints, stock wheels with bulletproof tires, full armor, and full engine modifications...  that would be my go-to urban assault vehicle.

2013-Ford-Police-Interceptor.jpg

Police interceptor is my favorite police car in the game and this car looks bad a**

Timely
  • Timely

Happy Hanukkah.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

The last thing I want to do is dress like an american cop. Ignorant bigoted pigs in my opinion. If this ever happened I expect to find myself in bad sport real fast. No regrets. Don't give 2 craps if I offended anyone regarding this particular subject.

How about these? I think the last two look really cool.

_62970023_waterbottlecop624getty.jpg

5742583484_99a31a02a0_o.jpg

article-2537256-1A8BE47100000578-700_634

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Yay, baton only lobbies.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

Great name but you could also call it the BUSTED DLC - Because no one is above the law.

Kind of like your old account :ph34r: 

• universetwisters and Xyn like this

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing a cop variant of the testarossa on gta 5 again, wouldn't mind seeing a testarossa again already.

Cripto136
  • Cripto136

Alpha Team

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [Reporting]

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Love the thread OP, but there's just a few things that bother me.

I don''t think police cars should be modifiable aesthetically. I would hate to see chrome police cruisers with dollar sign rims. At best the mods should be performance wise and other features that relate to the police car's look ( siren type, unit number etc.). Only the unmarked vehicles should allow color changes.

Perhaps there should also be decommissioned versions that can be modified to how the owner sees fit.

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

How about if painting a car, you're only allowed to choose a paint on a grayscale?

• Hidden Zombie likes this

Cripto136
  • Cripto136

Alpha Team

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [Reporting]

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by Cripto136, 06 August 2014 - 12:01 AM.

How about if painting a car, you're only allowed to choose a paint on a grayscale?

I guess that would work.

Also, I think a FIB Esperanto would be pretty cool (but that would be pushing it).

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

I really loved Roman's Taxi from GTAIV, so the Roadcruiser is the only chance at having the Esperanto.

A matte black Police Buffalo is also incredibly amazing.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

Love the thread OP, but there's just a few things that bother me.

I don''t think police cars should be modifiable aesthetically. I would hate to see chrome police cruisers with dollar sign rims. At best the mods should be performance wise and other features that relate to the police car's look ( siren type, unit number etc.). Only the unmarked vehicles should allow color changes.

Perhaps there should also be decommissioned versions that can be modified to how the owner sees fit.

Or you should just be able to decommission it yourself.  All mods should be available.  Otherwise there's no point of letting them be storable,

Hidden Zombie
  • Hidden Zombie

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

This is a fantastic idea and not just because you put a ton of thought into it. Which you did. Good work.

Freeroam needs some serious love. There is next to nothing to do that gets the whole community involved. Simeon vehicles, armored trucks and bounties are a step in the direction but usually end up just being solo missions aside from bounties. Online players, in my opinion, crave teams. Team deathmatches in every game are wildly successful and any mode that pits one side v. another (ESPECIALLY "good" v. "bad") is likely going to see that success. Everyone already hates the way cops behave in the game and no one can come up with a good way to deal with griefers effectively. This satisfies both.

I can't think of much I'd like to see added; I think criminals should gain larger amounts of XP from killing a pursuing player-cop than by killing any other person. This way there is a benefit of facing your hunters head-on. 

My only criticism would be ending the vigilante mode. You stated that 15 seconds away from the car would end the mode but it should be tweaked. If your perp runs down stairs or up a ladder, you need to pursue on foot. I think holding the quick menu button down should give you the option to end the mode manually.

• Aby likes this

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss!, 06 August 2014 - 01:42 AM.

My only criticism would be ending the vigilante mode. You stated that 15 seconds away from the car would end the mode but it should be tweaked. If your perp runs down stairs or up a ladder, you need to pursue on foot. I think holding the quick menu button down should give you the option to end the mode manually.

Great point, I didn't even think of that.  Will fix it in the OP.

I added an RP bonus of 100, for a wanted player killing a vigilante.  I kept it low, as I figure if I made it 250-500 RP instead, people would just decide to boost RP with a friend most likely, just like how people used to do it with bounties.

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Cool concept, with similar ideas to mine.

The police backup option is a neat idea.Though I could see some of the features being abused like the online Vigilante mode. Go on a tank rampage > 5 stars > get friend to kill you. Easy $20k!

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

I want that Cheetah. And f*ck the police.

• dreadluxx likes this

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Updated with the Police Predator being available for purchase.  Although with the price of the Squalo and Jetmax being so high, I'd imagine it would be much higher in Rockstar's view.  Also since when did you have to buy the Speeder?  It isn't free anymore, I didn't even notice that.

Also added a few more changes, and a badge system along with a prison outfit.

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Updated with the Police Predator being available for purchase.  Although with the price of the Squalo and Jetmax being so high, I'd imagine it would be much higher in Rockstar's view.  Also since when did you have to buy the Speeder?  It isn't free anymore, I didn't even notice that.

Also added a few more changes, and a badge system along with a prison outfit.

interesting concept. i'd buy it.

uRQYweD.png

Jeone
  • Jeone

S.H.A.R.P

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:47 PM Edited by Jeone, 21 August 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Cop dlc are not a good idea due to the fact that it destroys the story and that your have to follow rules if your a cop

Ruben2205
  • Ruben2205

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Awesome Concept :D

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Cop dlc are not a good idea due to the fact that it destroys the story and that your have to follow rules if your a cop

Implying GTAO has a story :p
  • Keegeroo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users