Quantcast

» «
Photo

There's Something Free-Aim Players Need To Know

311 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Before the devs started taking our awesome cars away!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Plus the controllers, at least of the last generation [PS3 and Xbox 360] aren't suited for free-aiming. Unless I tweaked my Aim Sensitivity in the game settings I can't aim right for crap.

How are they not? I find free-aim in IV perfect. Hell old school Max Payne games on PS2 didn't have auto-aim, and those games were difficult compared to today's GTAs, and people played them. Just an example.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

GTA IV's free aim was much more fluid than V's, that's for sure. In this game, it feels like there's a huge tug when you aim a gun, especially with high sensitivity, In IV, you can snap from left to right with ease.. 

• Joekill95, ten-a-penny, SightsIn and 1 other like this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Switched to free aim just now. Let me tell you something about your favored FA, as it is right now:

- Lobbies are dead. Literally the first session I joined and no one was in it. Myths about FA being screwed up in the matchmaking department turned out to be true. Why play GTA Online when you're alone? (Although I did just join a lobby with people, there was less than half a lobby, compared to the full lobbies that I'm used to)

- FA is NOT hard, but it is ANNOYING when facing an entire horde of police that is defaulted to having auto aim. Yes, pulling a one man army isn't very realistic, but it is fun nonetheless, and this is something that's even more impossible with free aim. Besides, it was extremely possible to pull it off in IV, even when using FA.

- Using complex aiming reticules (for me, at least) make every aiming mode 90% easier. That dot is just sad when using AA/TA, and even more sad with FA.

Overall, I do like free aim, and I see the potential is has in PvP situations. However, outside of PvP it makes the game feel like a chore, especially when the odds are always purposefully and unnaturally set against you.

Another thing I hate is the whole health issue in online. The health regen system is just dumb the way it is, and I feel like the game would be better if players had more health and no health regen whatsoever, or at least a boosted regen system that heals while moving albeit slower than normal. As it is you're either forced to get shot when you're trying to run or you're forced to sit still and hope no one comes over and shoves a shotgun in your face. This becomes even more of an issue when you can't auto-lock the damn AI that shoots about 100 bullets per minute no matter how clear their shot is and then proceeds to kill you even if you show your face for a microsecond.

So as my final verdict: The whole damn combat system needs a revamp, one that we'll never see because R* just simply doesn't f*cking care. They have their money and they're happy. Sucks to suck.

• ten-a-penny, hei3enberg and A Maned Wolf like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

It's not matchmaking. It's that no one plays FA because it sucks.
  • hei3enberg likes this

The Actual Kid
  • The Actual Kid

*max fat* "You're lookin' too skinny, CJ!"

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by The Actual Kid, 08 August 2014 - 03:01 AM.

If it weren't for empty lobbies and constantly failing to find sessions, I would always stick to free-aim unless I were to play with friends that are in an AA lobby or I join a job and it happens to be hosted as AA. Being put into ghostly lobbies and failing consistently for up to twenty+ minutes (I'm dead serious) to find a match was getting tiresome.

Free-aim is definitely more of a challenge; it's not relatively difficult however assisted-aiming is rated-EC-easy. Some people jump into free-aim, play it for a session and then complain that it's too hard/too clunky/no fun. Huh? You mean you just haven't adapted to it yet?

I personally don't see nearly as much appeal in having the game aim for you when comparing to free-aim, especially in PvP. Why Rockstar would have the default setting to assisted-aiming for PvP (and Online in general) is pretty silly.

Something I'd like to address is how there are statements such as, "I hate auto-aim because it's too clunky." Well, I disagree, but, for argument's sake, is it really that bad that you'd rather have the game do all the aiming for you? You could try adjusting your sensitivity.

An excerpt from a post I made a while back with some tweaks.

Spoiler

Do I go around on a high-horse because I play(ed) free-aim? Never. If you play with assisted-aiming (or better known as auto-aim), I won't say anything. At the end of the day, even though I like FA more, I still enjoy GTA:O whether I'm on FA or AA. NOTE THIS PART: But because this thread came up and I see some people stating refutable "reasons" for playing on AA I want to share my thoughts.

MrMadMike
  • MrMadMike

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

Couldn't care less what others use really. I use AA cause I want to and still find the game fun anyway

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

GTA V sucked balls no doubt. Keep complaining about using controllers.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

It's kinda like Bangkok's abusive father.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:12 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 08 August 2014 - 03:17 AM.

Free Aim doesn't suck. Blame Rockstar for the insane AI who shoot. This is one reason I refuse to use free aim. Saints Row doesn't have aim assist & it's easy as pie & doesn't frustate you because the AI (police, STAG, National Guard & The Syndicate gangs) in SR isn't batsh*t crazy like in V.

I'll be a full time free aimer when Rockstar heavily nerfs thr AI.
  • Joekill95 and ten-a-penny like this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

Free Aim doesn't suck. Balme Rockstar for the insane AI who shoot. This is one reason I refuse to use free aim. Saints Row doesn't have aim assist & it's easy as pie & doesn't frustate you because the AI (police, STAG, National Guard & The Syndicate gangs) in SR isn't batsh*t crazy like in V.

I'll be a full time free aimer when Rockstar heavily nerfs thr AI.

This.

Until the AI aren't BATsh*t INSANE!!!! (lolreference)...

Ima keep playing AA. They don't need to heavily nerf the AI, but the AI are definitely overly aggressive. They make no sense. For instance, a soldier in Zancudo doesn't need to be better just because he's holding an assault rifle. He needs to be better because he's a soldier. As it is, I bet you if you give the police AI assault rifles they'll be exactly the same as the soldiers (same accuracy, same aggressiveness, same bullsh*t). And that's just not fun when you want to get in a good AI battle w/FA.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

Switched to free aim just now. Let me tell you something about your favored FA, as it is right now:

Spoiler

- FA is NOT hard, but it is ANNOYING when facing an entire horde of police that is defaulted to having auto aim. Yes, pulling a one man army isn't very realistic, but it is fun nonetheless, and this is something that's even more impossible with free aim. Besides, it was extremely possible to pull it off in IV, even when using FA.

Spoiler

This is the EXACT REASON why I'll never fully change to FA. As long as the AI already have Auto Aim, it feels fair playing in AA against them instead of FA.

• Joekill95 likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Rockstar has spoken....
2i8cb54.jpg
  • Xyn, Magick and ten-a-penny like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

They mean they are down with auto aim like I am down with OPP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users