Photo

There's Something Free-Aim Players Need To Know

311 replies to this topic
factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:36 AM Edited by factoryfreshfishfap, 05 August 2014 - 06:42 AM.

POPULAR

Stop claiming free aim is more realistic or acting like it means you're the better player - doing so just makes you an a**hole and a fool. Ive been around actual, real-life guns my whole life and I can tell you from 30 years experience: experienced shooters (like your character) actually have the ability to whip the barrel of a gun in the direction of something without aiming and be pointing at it, then refine their aim if needed. Removing that ability is actually less far LESS realistic and makes an already quite difficult game even more so, with nothing extra to gain by doing it.

However you want to play this or any other game is your choice, you bought it so you're right and free to do so. Try giving others that same consideration.

And if you still choose to for the added difficulty, that's fine, it's your to do as you like. Just don't act like makes you better than any one else, and don't go believing it's some kind of accomplishment - it's a just a video game, no one is impressed by and we're all sick of hearing about it.
  • MagicNarcosis, GroundZero, JOEsAGGRESSIVE and 51 others like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:37 AM Edited by Killzone3265, 05 August 2014 - 06:39 AM.

Polar-Bear-Facepalm.jpg

Spoiler

• TreFacTor, Scooby803, A J and 31 others like this

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

-Free aim takes more skill than auto aim

-GTA doesn't take much skill to play, regardless of aim setting.

/thread

k thx bai

• Rico UK, MagicNarcosis, Scooby803 and 39 others like this

Mion
  • Mion

KingKoolaid

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

True but that's only at close distance, But I have 0 experience with guns so...
  • Rik96 likes this

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

/thread

k thx bai

Sure, it takes more skill. It takes more skill to play it with your feet too, I imagine, but most people choose not to. Does that mean they should have to be told they're not as good a player, simply because doing it the pointlessly hard way seems stupid?
  • hei3enberg, TimelyMeerkat, da_illest101 and 5 others like this

mrpodo100
  • mrpodo100

Grandmaster Sexy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Free aim isn't fun imo
  • MilezDawg, Nokturn, brose_sfr and 5 others like this

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Stop claiming free aim is more realistic or acting like it means you're the better player - doing so just makes you an a**hole and a fool. Ive been around actual, real-life guns my whole life and I can tell you from 30 years experience: experienced shooters (like your character) actually have the ability to whip the barrel of a gun in the direction of something without aiming and be pointing at it, then refine their aim if needed. Removing that ability is actually less far LESS realistic and makes an already quite difficult game even more so, with nothing extra to gain by doing it.

However you want to play this or any other game is your choice, you bought it so you're right and free to do so. Try giving others that same consideration.

And if you still choose to for the added difficulty, that's fine, it's your to do as you like. Just don't act like makes you better than any one else, and don't go believing it's some kind of accomplishment - it's a just a video game, no one is impressed by and we're all sick of hearing about it.

tell us where the free aimers touched you

• TreFacTor, MagicNarcosis, Davexen and 22 others like this

Turkish Turketarian
  • Turkish Turketarian

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

You claim you don't want to hear about free aimers claiming they're better than you. But you go and start a thread about it which is only going to get a response from said people. Wow.
  • TheIllaDopest, Diesleman, who-dat and 7 others like this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

What did realism ever have to do with it?

I've literally seen hundreds of posts about this and never even seen anyone complain because it's not realistic. Not that it would matter anyway.

I don't like auto aim because I want to have full control. It's more immersive and fun for me. I do not want my game to play itself.

• Diesleman, Donut, who-dat and 3 others like this

Hello_losers
  • Hello_losers

Thank you based Kojima.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Your right! Being incapable of shooting a guy going 150mph in a sports car with my pistol is just inexperience all this time. I just need to get to the range more. I'll be sniping helicopter pilots with my m9 in no time.
  • TreFacTor, Scooby803, T0X1C and 11 others like this

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

cool-story-bro-500x499.jpg

• MilezDawg and PANiC ATTACK3R like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

-Free aim takes more skill to kill 

-Auto aim takes more skill/luck to not get  killed

/thread

k thx bai

Fixed.

Freeaim is a good challenge, though

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE, TheIllaDopest, ten-a-penny and 7 others like this

BJMartin
  • BJMartin

Meth, not even once.

• Members
  • Swaziland

Well, I think it's everyone's choice to decide how they're going to play. However, GTA V it's not a FPS, and since the whole gta saga it's been this way, I rather play on Auto aim. Anyway, it's not like it requires much skills.

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

IGN Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

kill me now kill me now kill me now kill me now kill me now kill me now.....and kill me now

• BatFerYou likes this

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

/thread

k thx bai

Sure, it takes more skill. It takes more skill to play it with your feet too, I imagine, but most people choose not to. Does that mean they should have to be told they're not as good a player, simply because doing it the pointlessly hard way seems stupid?

Just because you find it pointless does not mean it is lol....

I do FA for the extra rp and so I have to actually aim at my target, I find that using AA makes it to easy. Does it mean I'm better then you ? Maybe , Idk and I don't care. That being said, I'm doing it for personal gain, not for bragging rights.

At the moment, I would only join AA because more people are there.

thebrianmo
  • thebrianmo

Steel City Saint

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:58 AM Edited by thebrianmo, 05 August 2014 - 06:59 AM.

I don't like free aim lobbies but it IS more realistic. To say otherwise says you've never shot a gun in real life.

• who-dat likes this

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

It's like how if you hear something loud off to one side and very quickly turn that way, your eyes are looking right at or very near where it came from. Our senses give us a sense of direction. Same principle, just holding a firearm. I promise you'd be able to do it.

That's my whole point: it's stripping away an ability anyone has is just pointlessly difficult.

JOEsAGGRESSIVE
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

I suck at freeaim. I'm so-so at autoaim. But if I join a freeaim lobby I might could kill you.

9LdqVZf.jpg

• beanzinapot, Cant-B-Faded and AceCrossHairs like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

So real life has auto-aim? Where is the switch session button?

• Brock Elvis, who-dat, Killzone3265 and 4 others like this

Otsd4rv4
  • Otsd4rv4

Yggdrasil

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

Just ignore them. They want to thump their chests about a game...let em.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by factoryfreshfishfap, 05 August 2014 - 07:11 AM.

I don't like free aim lobbies but it IS more realistic. To say otherwise says you've never shot a gun in real life.

Uh huh, and that statement is based on what? Your vast experience firing guns or your idea of realism from guessing?

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO LOCK ONTO YOUR TARGET FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT IN REAL LIFE

OKAY

AND ROLLING IS F_CKING STUPID AS WELL

MellowFellow
  • MellowFellow

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

I play free aim because after having done all the missions and gang attacks to death, I like a new challenge. I don't think that makes me better, I didn't feel inferior two months ago when I played auto aim either.
It's a bit silly to say there's no benefit in free aim, try the one where some people find it fun.
I also think saying auto aim somehow adds realism is madness, it's like you're looking for some way to validate your choice of play style.
Auto aim is fun, fee aim is fun. People think one is more fun than the other, so they choose it.
I can't see why this is even a topic personally.
  • Scooby803, who-dat, Killzone3265 and 1 other like this

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Trying to change

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

talking about skills in video games is completly irrelevant anyway. Are you gonna put it on your CV?  Then its nothing to be proud of LOL

• MilezDawg, ten-a-penny, BatFerYou and 2 others like this

FourTwoZero
  • FourTwoZero

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by FourTwoZero, 05 August 2014 - 07:17 AM.

It's like how if you hear something loud off to one side and very quickly turn that way, your eyes are looking right at or very near where it came from. Our senses give us a sense of direction. Same principle, just holding a firearm. I promise you'd be able to do it.

That's my whole point: it's stripping away an ability anyone has is just pointlessly difficult.
One problem, auto aim puts you exactly on target and locks on. This doesnt happen in real life smart guy. You have to manually stay on target.
  • Scooby803, TheIllaDopest and who-dat like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Uh huh, and that statement is based on what?

Because you're not looking at the back of your head in real life you moron.

You can't auto-aim at an enemy and use your thumbstick to adjust where the shot will go and call that realism.
You have to raise the gun, aim and then pick where your bullet will land. The catch is this is all done in 3rd person. If the character is a trained marksman with multiple years of training and was a badass in most cases, the correct choice for realism would be Traditional GTA where he would lock on his target and then pick which part of the body he would shoot. But seeing most characters don't wear a shirt and have no stable job suggests they're gang members with no training, just personal experience. That would mean that they can lock onto targets but would miss a few shots which brings us to freeaim. If you play freeaim you would see how close to reality it is. Better yet, play Max Payne 3 which is a real 3rd person shooter game. 3rd person shooters can only go so far for realism.

Saying you've got 30 years around guns doesn't prove anything. I got 12 years of experience driving cars so I should know everything about how a car in GTA works, right? Because this is a simulator. Because this is realism. Because GTA is real life with less graphics.

• Brock Elvis, Zwenkwiel, Killzone3265 and 2 others like this

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:21 AM Edited by factoryfreshfishfap, 05 August 2014 - 07:24 AM.

[quote name="Dooma1090" post="1065933889" timestamp="1407221742"]

[quote name="factoryfreshfishfap" post="1065933855" timestamp="1407221270"][quote name="Biohazard Abyss!" post="1065933828" timestamp="1407220937"]
Just because you find it pointless does not mean it is lol.... .[/quote]

Of course not, in my OP I even said if people want to play FA just for the added difficulty, more power to them. But because I (and majority of players) can't see the point in it and thus don't care to play it that way, does that mean free-aim players being d*ckwads about it is justified?

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

Nerf guns dont count as real guns.
  • who-dat, nomface11, Tiny Rick and 1 other like this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

Most fa player's are scared of AA because anyone can kill them, fa is actually easy mode if you really think about it
  • Crunch McThornbody and RandomCholo like this

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Wow people getting emotional defending free aim.

I think its more about the experience your after. If you are a casual gamer that likes to sit back and play this game Auto-Aim is brilliant. If you take it more seriously, sat up, eyeballs on the screen when competing against another player, then free-aim makes more sense.

I think R* target audience for GTA is the more mature sit back and play, which is why Auto-Aim servers are so much more populated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users