Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto V Possible Hidden Riddle. Need Help!

12 replies to this topic
ZacCoxTV
  • ZacCoxTV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by ZacCoxTV, 08 August 2014 - 09:36 PM. removed Twitter links

On a wall in the sewers of Los Santos there is a quote that reads "WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER BUT IT SHURE IS FUN" myself and a team of fellow GTA V mystery hunters have been investigating this and what it could possibly mean. We have tried every thing from decoding this via anagram solvers and various other methods but still come up empty. If anyone out there could help provide us with information/clues it would be greatly appreciated.

• nought likes this

nought
  • nought

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

We can do this!

We already have some info, but now need some amazing work done

MONKEYbusinezz5
  • MONKEYbusinezz5

what's a madrazo?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

It may be alluding to the fact that school is about to start for a lot of us [which requires questions to be asked] ("not the answer"), which is certainly not fun ("but it shure is fun"). Notice how "not the answer" is the opposite of "the answer", which we require in school, and "shure is fun" is the opposite of "fun", which we don't have much in school anymore. Maybe R* is using reverse psychology to get us to buy shark cards (to supplement free-roam wars [War (...) shure is fun])!

• Tconzz22 and InnocentA like this

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

I think its alluding to the european economic crisis, "war" maybe is a reference to the stock market fluctuations, its kind of like an economic war, stocks go up & down, like in battle, and its solution, the austerity measures introduced across europe some say, is "not the answer", and "but it shure is fun" maybe a reference to the stocks going up, thus being "fun" kind of when a countrys economy picks up, and unemployment is reduced, this has to be the answer.

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by Fran_Halen, 05 August 2014 - 04:28 PM.

This graffiti caught my attention because I'm a DJ/ musician and "Shure" is a brand of microphones, headphones, and related products. "War Is the Answer" is also the title of a 2009 album from a band called Five Finger Death Punch. "War is not the answer" is a line in the 1971 song "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye. I'm not sure if that's what it means, but it's all I could think of. On the other hand, there's is grafitti near Vespucci Beach that says "Police and Thieves In the Street". That's a song by Junior Murvin that The Clash covered on their debut album "The Clash" in 1977. The song "Grumblin' Dub" that's on the Blue Ark reggae station in the game is a version of that song. It's interesting that in the version The Clash did, when say say the word "ammunition", they pronounce it "ammunation", like the gun and ammo shops in the game. 

Edit: I almost forgot, there's other graffiti that says, "Karma Is a Chameleon". That's a reference to the the 1982 song "Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club. 

• auntjeff likes this

nought
  • nought

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Good points - however we need to look at "But it shure is fun" - 

• Fran_Halen likes this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

The only thing "shure" related I could find was music gear. I used an anagram solver and put "shure" in it and the only word I recognized that came up was "usher". 

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:58 AM Edited by Camsterguy, 06 August 2014 - 02:58 AM.

The only thing "shure" related I could find was music gear. I used an anagram solver and put "shure" in it and the only word I recognized that came up was "usher". 

Usher music DLC 100% confirmed by chrome x mods just like how 1.16 totally came out today

Dark Bordeus
  • Dark Bordeus

The sun shines on me, for the first time in years...I am happy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

Perhaps you could post a pic of this wall.

Bleep*
  • Bleep*

General

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

subliminal product placement for Shure, my guess. "war is not the answer" Hippies love music, "Shure is fun" audiogear, sewers would have an echo effect when playing music. Would you be convinced this was a riddle if it was outside the Vinewood Bowl?

ZacCoxTV
  • ZacCoxTV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

Perhaps you could post a pic of this wall.

http://imgur.com/0w5tmaA Sorry about that. New to the forums and still learning the ropes! 

• nought likes this

nought
  • nought

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

This is when it gets creepy though.

Just below from that Riddle: http://imgur.com/0w5tmaA 

We notice these 10 scratchings on the wall: http://gyazo.com/67f...f565809cd0d2c0d

The right wall (Walking to the end of the sewer) has it the correct way mirrored, while the left wall (Opposite) is completely mirrored.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:18 AM Edited by rovert, 08 August 2014 - 01:22 AM.

Pseudo product placement? Shure microphones and stylus.

did some someone notice the graffiti on the wall behind Simeon's showroom, it says CODE followed by some alphanumeric characters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users