Quantcast

» «
Photo

HD version of GTA Vice City should be next..

60 replies to this topic
DJ700R4
  • DJ700R4

The Gearhead.

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hey guys, I'm just posting this to see how many people would agree with whether or not the next GTA should be set in Vice City.

I personally think it should since VC was such a good game for it's time and it would be even more awesome today. Plus Liberty City and Los Santo's have already been redone as you can see.

Another thing I wanted to bring up was the number of guys from GTA 4 that didn't get brought into 5, cars such as the Dinka (I forgot the last part smh..but it looked like the Honda CRX ) and the regular G Body Declasse Sabre..as well as the Moonbeam for example. Again, what are you all's opinion ?

Thanks
Cars*

My bad
  • sqre, Phoenixaz and wiizardii like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'd love to see it. Even more so seeing as I hate the west coast.

• sqre, wiizardii and matajuegos01 like this

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

They would most likely do the rest of San Andreas first, San Fierro & Las Venturas. As for characters, i don't really want them back, if there gonna get killed, (Johnny is a prime example). For the cars, you forgot to mention the Stallion , Turismo & Super GT that were not in V, they should bring those back.

• theGTAking101, the ironic one and wiizardii like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 04 August 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Yeah, no sh*t. Its sad to see all of these threads were people demand that R* should do a new location based in UK, or the midwest, or new mexico, or japan, or china, or russia, or canada, or chicago, or Boston, or new england, or texas, and the list goes on.

Its not rocket science to figure out: But the next main entry will take place in VC.. For one, we have 3 main cities: Liberty City, Los Santos City (well, san andreas mostly) and Vice City. We already got Liberty City and Los Santos (Southern San Andreas) in HD, and VC is the only main city left to do. So why not do it? GTA VI(ce City). 

By the way, to add up to what @thedriver111 said, about characters getting killed.... Just because Johnny was a loved character and a protagonist who was killed doesn't mean every single character in the f*cking HD universe is gunna die. It seems like people are getting butthurt and taking the Johnny getting killed by Trevor thing way too serious. 

• Journey_95 and BLOOD like this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

They would most likely do the rest of San Andreas first, San Fierro & Las Venturas. As for characters, i don't really want them back, if there gonna get killed, (Johnny is a prime example). For the cars, you forgot to mention the Stallion , Turismo & Super GT that were not in V, they should bring those back.

San Fierro, yes but not Las Venturas IMO. LV is probably in it's own state based on Nevada in this more realistic HD era. I do think that the next GTA could be based mainly on one of those cities with Vice City being the third possibility and that's due to GTA Online IMO. They said they want to expand the game more and more and  plan it to be the online mode for the whole series in the future so I think they will expand the map with new maps and that's why I think San Fierro or Las Venturas could be the next location. 

But I would be happy with Vice City, but this time modern day.

• the ironic one and wiizardii like this

DJ700R4
  • DJ700R4

The Gearhead.

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Yeah I know I left out a few cars in the list but I was just giving a few examples haha, thanks though.

Also, yes it would only make sense to have the next game take place in VC.
Keep the replies coming guys *thumbs up*
  • wiizardii likes this

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

Is it likely? I really don't know. The only really unlikely locations are LS and LC (and I wouldn't even rule the latter out completely). It seems like an obvious choice, but they might use to throw something else at us.

Would I like it? Shyeah, although I'd like a lot of locations equally.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm not sure but it will definitely be Vice City or Las Venturas

San Fieroo nahh I don't think they will make an entire game based of that boring city

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

The one thing I hate the most is when members like Phoenix sh*t try to tell you that it's fact that VC is going to be next. Remember before IV got announced everyone thought it would be in Detroit? Or before V was announced everyone thought it would be in VC?

There is no pattern to Rockstar's choice of location, just whatever they feel they want to do next. Even more so than it was before V's announcement, Vice City seems too predictable for Rockstar to even think of doing anyway.
  • ObsydianRaven, universetwisters and matajuegos01 like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 04 August 2014 - 11:06 PM.

The one thing I hate the most is when members like Phoenix sh*t try to tell you that it's fact that VC is going to be next. Remember before IV got announced everyone thought it would be in Detroit? Or before V was announced everyone thought it would be in VC?

There is no pattern to Rockstar's choice of location, just whatever they feel they want to do next. Even more so than it was before V's announcement, Vice City seems too predictable for Rockstar to even think of doing anyway.

When members like phoenix sh*t tries to tell you that its fact that VC is going to be next.....? Who the f*ck are you talking about? That was strictly my opinion, and I may have based it as a fact, and I greatly apologize for it, just don't hunt me down and assasinate me, alright? IMO VC will definently be the next location. I already explained why its undoubtful why it won't be. Sure, R* might surprise us all and not give us a VC (Wich might or might not frustrate ALOT of people.) But lets just see how GTA VI will be. Oh, and if you are talking about spin offs, that's something else. The next main title IMO will be VC

• universetwisters, Lock N' Stock, Journey_95 and 1 other like this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

Like I've already said in other threads, I want GTA VI to be set in Vice City.  The city should be around the same size as Los Santos.  The countryside should be smaller than Blaine County with some wooded areas and an Everglades type swamp.  Maybe have a small tropical island off the coast.  There should be more interiors and things to do than GTA V.

For GTA VII, I want them to go big with both San Fierro and Las Venturas.  San Fierro should be dark and gritty.  Las Venturas should be bright and flashy.  Have a full forest outside of San Fierro and a large desert with canyons outside of Las Venturas.

• Journey_95 and matajuegos01 like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

I'd definitely like to see it. Vice City is the location with the most demand from the fans right now, hell even before V was announced. But then again they might go a different route.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:12 AM

Detroit? WTF who was dumb enough to think that?
Its always been Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas

sure that we got Los Santos + Blaine County in V instead of Vice City was a surprise but that we got Liberty

City instead of f*cking Detroit was obvious

Like I've already said in other threads, I want GTA VI to be set in Vice City.  The city should be around the same size as Los Santos.  The countryside should be smaller than Blaine County with some wooded areas and an Everglades type swamp.  Maybe have a small tropical island off the coast.  There should be more interiors and things to do than GTA V.

For GTA VII, I want them to go big with both San Fierro and Las Venturas.  San Fierro should be dark and gritty.  Las Venturas should be bright and flashy.  Have a full forest outside of San Fierro and a large desert with canyons outside of Las Venturas.

I love these suggestions exactly what I want

and I hope this really happens

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

@gtarules_95, how old are you? Do you even remember from before IV was released? I may not have been a member here back then, but we had 7 months of just the IV logo and confirmation on XBox having exclusive DLC content and nothing else. We heard nothing about this seperate universes thing and recreating old cities. Back then if someone had of speculated that IV was in Liberty City they would have been laughed at because all we knew back then was the III era LC and didn't anticipate a redesigned version of it. So yes Detroit, and a number of cities we're still yet to see in GTA were the centre of heavy speculation for IV.
  • Severe, ObsydianRaven and matajuegos01 like this

squeezx
  • squeezx

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

I think we will see a return to Liberty City in DLC. Rockstar is stupid if they don't update the textures and remaster Liberty City. I mean just look at what the mod community has done with the PC version. It looks fantastic.

As far as the next main entry in the series. I am hoping for Vice City but if not that's ok. Eventually it will happen. If we get it later that will only mean more improved technology and refined gameplay.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

Yes, of course, the next GTA should be set in Vice City!
I'd say, it'll be!!
I always believed that with the new, improved tech and open possibilities; Rockstar wants to set a new standard for the finest open worlds, as evidenced by IV and V!
With ONLINE they can even further go for building a universe of each previous GTA settings.
That's why, I feel its the turn for Vice City, after the HD representations of classic III and SA.
Sam Houser, even once said in response to VC's success, about how they expanded the game engine of III, for PC release, with enhanced features, and graphics to make VC feel more open-ended with more freedom. They were able to recreate the amazing neon lighting; an important breakthrough during the limited development time.

Currently, they are easily capable to make VC even more epic in sense and scale, and definitely deserves HD representation.
End of.
  • the ironic one likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

I love Vice City, my favorite by far. But all these posts about how it must be the next one are making me wish it doesn't end up being VC just to get a kick out of all the pissed off fanboys.

• Severe likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hopefully it will be next

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

I love Vice City, my favorite by far. But all these posts about how it must be the next one are making me wish it doesn't end up being VC just to get a kick out of all the pissed off fanboys.

Yeah, part of me almost wishes it's LC again. Although of course, the general consensus now seems to be that LC is amazing, which sure as hell wasn't the case just two years ago.

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Noooooo, enough America and Americans. Europe would be cool, maybe Russia since gun ownership is legal and a multinational mafia holds an iron grip there. Or Italy, if anybody's seen Gomorrah the 2008 film, they'll want a GTA there. Both those are highly unlikely though, the market share is mostly american, and the company won't be taking risks with so many shareholders

• don ovdi' island likes this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

There is a little known easter egg in Gta 5. Hide in the bunker at FZ till 3 a.m. Then climb up to the roof and you'll see a green spotlight. Stand in it's light, and go to ViceCity2.net on your in game phone. It will show a morse code. Now paste this in the translater of your real life browser. You'll see the message: 'Vercetti will be back in two thousand and seventeen. Be ready not afraid'. Now think about this.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Noooooo, enough America and Americans. Europe would be cool, maybe Russia since gun ownership is legal and a multinational mafia holds an iron grip there. Or Italy, if anybody's seen Gomorrah the 2008 film, they'll want a GTA there. Both those are highly unlikely though, the market share is mostly american, and the company won't be taking risks with so many shareholders

Even though I agree Dan house said that GTA will always be in America

its basically a part of the franchise and I doubt that a game set in Russia would sell well

so I understand them

• Bi0ha2ard_q8 likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Even though I agree Dan house said that GTA will always be in America

its basically a part of the franchise and I doubt that a game set in Russia would sell well

so I understand them

It's simply the fact that there would be much less space for them to make fun of. When doing american culture, everyone in the world knows and understands the jokes. Russia is pretty bland in that regard and everything they could do they've covered in IV, basically russians are mobster and drunk on vodka, while their women are prostitutes and that's where the jokes end.

• Journey_95 likes this

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

^^

What else could they do in America? Latino gangs? They ran out of things to do!

They've extended the satire so much that GTA V criticizes the political left now. The anti-war rhetoric has also been drastically played down, maybe to avoid further controversy or to avoid losing US customers IDK. Everything just feels watered down and bland compared to past installments.

DJ700R4
  • DJ700R4

The Gearhead.

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

This dude said fanboys ^^^^^ lol.
I'm just saying it would be logical for the next GTA to be in VC that's all lol.

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

This dude said fanboys ^^^^^ lol.
I'm just saying it would be logical for the next GTA to be in VC that's all lol.

Whaaaat?

DJ700R4
  • DJ700R4

The Gearhead.

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

I'm talking about what Dope_0110 said

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by Severe, 05 August 2014 - 02:40 PM.

^^

What else could they do in America? Latino gangs? They ran out of things to do!

They've extended the satire so much that GTA V criticizes the political left now. The anti-war rhetoric has also been drastically played down, maybe to avoid further controversy or to avoid losing US customers IDK. Everything just feels watered down and bland compared to past installments.

It's not the first time they've criticized or made fun of the left, but the political left might be more prominent in the US than it used to be.  And I wouldn't say there's less anti-war rhetoric, at least not if talking GWOT. Also, you'd be complaining if they rehashed the old stuff as well.

Edit: Also, re the setting: With maybe a few exceptions, I don't see it ever leaving the US again. They might do a British setting, maaaybe something like Japan or Hong Kong, but other than that, GTA and Rockstar is heavily reliant on having the audience be familiar with the cultural setting, in order to crack jokes. There's an Irish comedian, Dara O Briain, who does a joke about why he doesn't do jokes about muslims. "A: I don't know a f*cking thing about muslims, and B: Neither do you." - and there has to be some shared understanding between narator and naratee for a joke to work.

Now, this is coming from a European: This is why they've set games in the US - Most of the world is fairly well informed about (certain parts of) the US and US culture through their consumption of US entertainment. Other parts, less so, which is why you won't see a GTA set in an equivalent of Indiana or Iowa, because there are so few movies or shows set in those areas. Whereas NYC and LA are some of the most featured cities in movies and television. This is why they might do London, Hong Kong or Tokyo, because although not on the level of NY, LA, there is still some amount of media set in those cities, making them somewhat familiar to audiences. I still think they are a ways down the list and we'll see new US locations introduced and all the old ones redone before they move abroad. And remember, V has shown that GTA doesn't have to be about gangs.

• Dope_0110 likes this

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Maybe. I guess I'm partial towards the "War on Terror" commentary in IV, but since that wouldn't really fit the money theme in V, they had to tone it down. You're right the left has become more prominent (or feels that it needs to be?) especially in medical marijuana land.

We are way off-topic, the only story line I could imagine in VC is a cocaine/drug dealing story like Tommy's story...they might pull it off.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Maybe. I guess I'm partial towards the "War on Terror" commentary in IV, but since that wouldn't really fit the money theme in V, they had to tone it down. You're right the left has become more prominent (or feels that it needs to be?) especially in medical marijuana land.

We are way off-topic, the only story line I could imagine in VC is a cocaine/drug dealing story like Tommy's story...they might pull it off.

Well, it'd probably be hard to pull off a VC story without drugs, especially cocaine, featuring heavily, but I'd still say there are a bunch of other avenues they could take it down.

• Loosestring likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users