Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you have your cars done up to the max?

121 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you have your all your cars done up to the max? (274 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have your all your cars done up to the max?

1. Yes, all of them (185 votes [63.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.14%

2. No, just a few (64 votes [21.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.84%

3. None of them (14 votes [4.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.78%

4. I'm not the bothered..... (7 votes [2.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.39%

5. Other, please specify below (23 votes [7.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote
russler97
  • russler97

russeler97

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

I was just wondering because i have to have all my cars done up the the max or as far as it will let because of my rank, (80) does anyone else have all there cars done up to the max?  :D

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Nope, I have a large collection of cars I want to do up in my Second Garage, such as Oracle, Dominator, Glendale etc, but I've not modded any of them yet until I've saved enough cash.

• tfroam likes this

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

I can't buy a new car for racing if I don't have enough money to mod it to the max.

• leeroyjones87, BOILER., HBSanta and 3 others like this

russler97
  • russler97

russeler97

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

I can't buy a new car for racing if I don't have enough money to mod it to the max.

same.. :lol:

• kdub likes this

aNsWeRkEy02
  • aNsWeRkEy02

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Nope..i never put turbo on my sabre and phoenix..I hate how it sounds with turbo on
  • /Tuomaz, HBSanta, dairyworker and 3 others like this

spelunking.uranus
  • spelunking.uranus

Can I have a cheesburger? LOL

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

I do not race so there are mod's that I cannot do to my cars and bikes like turbo.  I use charles and ifruit but it takes a long time as you cannot choose which vehicle to mod with ifruit.  You can only do 1 for each character and you do not able to choose which one.  I have fully upmodded lots of them though and was greatful to do my ruffians and batis.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Nope, I have a large collection of cars I want to do up in my Second Garage, such as Oracle, Dominator, Glendale etc, but I've not modded any of them yet until I've saved enough cash.

Same here!

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Leise rieselt der Schnee

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Almost all. My Roosevelt has no xenon headlights, because you can only buy xenon for the 2 headlights at the front, not for the 2 headlights at the windshield (I don't know their name in English).

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

Nope..i never put turbo on my sabre and phoenix..I hate how it sounds with turbo on

A lot of people seem to think its sacrilege to put a turbo in the Sabre but it is called a Sabre Turbo.

I've got a one in mine and it sounds great to me. Each to his own though eh.
  • MagicNarcosis, We Are Ninja, Shotty Pop and 2 others like this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for reminding me OP that I need to Upgrade the rest of my Supers Garage to EMS Level 4 (Unlocked during Independence Day Event)...Less this Yes I have Maxed out everything.

spelunking.uranus
  • spelunking.uranus

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

I cannot remember which thing it is to upgrade that upgrades acceleration but turbo makes it full on my bikes.  Is there a point to doing both?

• gta4thewin likes this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

I don't care how it sound, I just hate the way the phoenix stands still for about 5 seconds trying to find grip because of it.

O chose other - I have most of my cars upgraded to max, but I have a question: is a car that has 5 full blocks for acceleration after level 4 engine, tranny and turbo the same as a car with 5 full blocks after just level 1 engine and a turbo?  Do the extras do anything even though the stat is maxed?

• godziller likes this

MellowFellow
  • MellowFellow

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

I do, up to a point.
I stay away from xenon lights, lairy pearlescent paint jobs etc on the older cars as it just doesn't seem right.
Same with carbon wheels and crazy horns.
The modern stuff gets everything, I don't think it's needed though - I don't do free roam and can't remember a single instance of an npc destroying a unarmoured car I was driving, tyre spikes aside.
Speed upgrades are also unnecessary as I only race standards, but it's kind of a habit to go through the LSD menu and tune it up.

MellowFellow
  • MellowFellow

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

I don't care how it sound, I just hate the way the phoenix stands still for about 5 seconds trying to find grip because of it.

O chose other - I have most of my cars upgraded to max, but I have a question: is a car that has 5 full blocks for acceleration after level 4 engine, tranny and turbo the same as a car with 5 full blocks after just level 1 engine and a turbo?  Do the extras do anything even though the stat is maxed?

I did see a post somewhere saying it did make a difference and this could be seen at one time in the race screen car stats, but I haven't looked myself.
I think I might try it out, maybe I could use a drag race and time it. There's an existing time thread somewhere that compares different cars, someone there has probably already experimented but I'll have a crack.
  • the nameless likes this

JohnnyCallisto
  • JohnnyCallisto

Custom Racers Crew

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Almost....

All 20 of my vehicles have all performance upgrades, just a few cosmetic upgrades left (horn, smoke etc)

Maybe another $200k and I'm done! ...and, unless a new DLC comes out very soon, I'll have nothing left to buy! Nooooooooooooooooo!!

Robaldinio
  • Robaldinio

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

All my cars are fully upgraded except in a few cases where I haven't installed a turbo. Basically I only fit a turbo on full on sports cars, or if the acceleration stat is incredibly poor without it (the F620 springs to mind). However I won't fit one if I really enjoy the car's sound.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Only a few.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Yeah. But like the others above said, depends on cash situation.

I ignore cosmetics like smoke/Xeon lights until every car has armour, bulletproof tyres and driving upgrades.

When 1 car is done, I try it in races and move on to what I want next.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

i always go top end for performance upgrades... but as for aesthetics i dont always like the top grade exhausts, wheels, smoke colours and esp spoilers (that feltzer bench spoiler... eurgh), bug catchers canards etc as they dont always suit the car (IMO) it depends on the look im trying to acheive... most expensive isnt always the best/most tasteful option

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

bikes, supers, sports, they are maxed

but I leave those classic car alone, I dont know how could a JB-700 sounds with a turbo upgrade 

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

my super and sports cars have all the max racing upgrades plus BP tyres, smoke and black windows

my sedans,off road,muscle and coupes have max racing upgrades but dont have BP tyres, armor and smoke but some have black windows

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

I max out every vehicle i decide to keep.i may have to hold them for a while until i make the money but other than that wait time they get upgraded 100%

• The_Herb likes this

Nelson Van Alden
  • Nelson Van Alden

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

I've maxed out everything in the past. I Regret doing it to my Ballas Buccaneer though. It makes it horrible to drive.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

This. All cars get full performance upgrades [except custom tires (they nerf the Felon's sublime handling) and suspension upgrades (I prefer the MW Mesa and Jester without them)] as soon as I purchase them.

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

The Content Creator & Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

I own 20 cars and there all maxed out.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

poor people problems!!!

yes i have all my cars fully upgraded!!!

Starscream_910
  • Starscream_910

Undercover Mod

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

In short: Nope =) 

There are certain cars I leave completely stock (with only a few visual changes).

Cars like the Tornado, Manana, Peyote and Glendale (just to name a few) in  my garage don't have any armour/performance related enhancements.

It almost seems like a sin (to me) to even think about tuning these cars. 

They are cruisers, and the only way you'll really appreciate the beauty of these cars is to drive them with their stock engines.

A lot of people would begin to appreciate the individuality of these kinds of cars a lot more if they didn't always "max them out".

Not every car is there to race- I personally like taking my Tornado around Blaine County for a spin.

Just at my own pace; roof down, nice, easy going driving in the sun. It's fantastic.

And just the sounds of the original engine, the handling, braking and stock horn all add to the experience.

It just makes the game a lot richer and more diverse not to "max out" every car.

• Malcot, Dewbauchee88 and Frito-Man like this

spelunking.uranus
  • spelunking.uranus

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

In short: Nope =) 

There are certain cars I leave completely stock (with only a few visual changes).

Cars like the Tornado, Manana, Peyote and Glendale (just to name a few) in  my garage don't have any armour/performance related enhancements.

It almost seems like a sin (to me) to even think about tuning these cars. 

They are cruisers, and the only way you'll really appreciate the beauty of these cars is to drive them with their stock engines.

A lot of people would begin to appreciate the individuality of these kinds of cars a lot more if they didn't always "max them out".

Not every car is there to race- I personally like taking my Tornado around Blaine County for a spin.

Just at my own pace; roof down, nice, easy going driving in the sun. It's fantastic.

And just the sounds of the original engine, the handling, braking and stock horn all add to the experience.

It just makes the game a lot richer and more diverse not to "max out" every car.

I like people like you.  Yo umake the game more fun for me because it is easy to drive by kill you or sticky bomb you discretely and honk like friend and continue to drive on and then blow you when you are not expecting it LOL :D

• MagicNarcosis and Dinlee like this

Apollo00063
  • Apollo00063

I am that guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Most of my vehicles are maxed out but I do have a few that are not due to handling issues. Plus I never put a turbo on a muscle car, which is the majority of my collection.

LV007
  • LV007

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Got only some of my cars upgraded to the max, but mostly not, because I don't have the money to do that :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users