Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will there ever be another crime game to compete with GTA?

52 replies to this topic
Jeone
  • Jeone

I don't like cats

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:54 AM

Saints row 1 and 2 was okay but it dropped acid and became 3 and 4
Also sleeping dogs was okay

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

If it was to happen, the only way for another developer to take first place is if Rockstar slipped up or f*cked up somehow, which I don't see happening in the near future. Although what goes up, must come down, I feel that was Grand Theft Auto 5, but I also feel that was just a small hiccup that will be learned from.

DavenWolf
  • DavenWolf

Im a real american

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Oh please Grand theft auto V was boring right after the storyline, I got bored of sleeping dogs after 3 Months.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Oh please Grand theft auto V was boring right after the storyline, I got bored of sleeping dogs after 3 Months.

I got bored of Sleeping Dogs after 3 hours. Still playing V at least a couple of hours a week. 

What a magical world we live in. 

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:50 AM Edited by TheFunkyBunch, 06 August 2014 - 03:53 AM.

Saints row could of been it 

Saints row 1 was a better game than San Andreas and had a better Story than any gta that came before it.

Saints row 2 in many ways was better than IV (I Liked IV Overall More but it found itself a niche)

then they just blew it with those last 2 piles of Horse sh*t  which are an insult to the first 2 games.

Mafia 2 i thought was a Great game all it needs is to be not so Linear and maybe just a  bit  more Ambitious then mafia could easily compete with gta In terms Of Quality.

and Sleeping dogs was also a very good game that again in many ways was a better game than Gta IV all it needs is better less cliché Dialogue/writing and better driving then  it could easily compete with Grand Theft Auto in terms Of quality 

i was not a big Fan of watch dogs i thought it was a rather bland game with a mediocre Story BUT its still i think  the  best selling game ubisoft game (might be wrong)  so this is the game that can compete with Gta In terms Of Sales/Popularity  but from what i saw of the first not so much in Quality.

Games like just cause and   mercenaries Are far to 1 dimensional  to Compete with Gta.  V Confirmed that as  it Combined Good Storytelling and fun mayhem Together something neither of those 2 titles have been able to do.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Games like just cause and   mercenaries Are far to 1 dimensional  to Compete with Gta.  V Confirmed that as  it Combined Good Storytelling and fun mayhem Together something neither of those 2 titles have been able to do.

They are not even crime games. They're about wars and political issues. I would rather compare them to Far Cry 2.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:48 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 06 August 2014 - 11:52 AM.

(it forgetting the iconic Pricedown Logo though :p)

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:06 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 06 August 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Saints Row ALMOST came close with the second instalment, being a no-holds-barred alternative to GTA IV at the time. Then they just made it ridiculous, especially with IV. I admit, it was a guilty pleasure for me, but it had NO identity or originality whatsoever. It was like a rip-off of several games at once with that whole virtual reality superhero bullsh*t. I think the only GTA game that SR had similarities to was San Andreas with the whole gang/turf-war theme going on, so I don't see why they completely changed the focus in order to be "different" from GTA.

Watch Dogs also looked like a promising "GTA killer", but it turned out less polished than expected, and the hype has died down severely since the game's release. I appreciate some competitors to GTA now and again, but they just don't have as much character or originality imo.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Saints Row and Saints Row 2 I feel like the only two open world games to give GTA a serious run for its money.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:43 AM Edited by Freakorama, 07 August 2014 - 10:43 AM.

GTA Killer for sure.

• TheOtherRyan and the ironic one like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 07 August 2014 - 10:54 AM.

^Lol :lol:

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Crime Life 2 is nothing compared to this: 

Payne
  • Payne

Time move forward, nothing changes.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Saints Row and Saints Row 2 I feel like the only two open world games to give GTA a serious run for its money.

Saints row 2 is good but not as fun as GTA 4
  • BLOOD-MOND likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

Its not as fun because it clearly surpasses it. :whistle:

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I wish GTA 5 had a feature to take stop signs out the ground and beat people with them.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 07 August 2014 - 03:48 PM.

NVM.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I wish GTA 5 had a feature to take stop signs out the ground and beat people with them.

Why i liked that alot in Saints Row 2,i have to say it SO unrealistic (something GTA have left alone since the beginning of HD Era).

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Honestly, there should be one to compete with GTA, and step forward to give us more focused crime based game, like: Mafia ( note: just using as an example, don't want an exact clone )
I've loved the first Mafia, an amazing game of the past, with criminal setting, great characters and mostly a fantastic story, apart from the equally awesome gameplay.
I felt truly playing the role of gangster working for a powerful crime family.
On the other hand, GTA drags the player on a lot of side activities, not specifically centered around crime, or some serious criminal activities.
The side activities are more like 'side fun' and actually form a major portion ( attraction ) of the game after the ( more than ) story for years, to replay more and enjoy. Not that its bad, not at all. Since, we got many things to enjoy.
But, I have actually got bored with much lack of the more crime related activities, nearly as good as Mafia.
I mean, the Mafia had least amount of side activities that doesn't fit the setting.
The story missions are what I'd say, the core, highlighting the criminal world brilliantly with each meaningful quest, taking it a step forward, and remains exciting throughout the intense and lengthy adventure.
The NPC, Cops and Enemy AI are all good enough for a challenging gameplay along with well written lines, paying a lot of attention on the character and the other details too.
Feels a lot real and believable as a crime game to enjoy and experience.
I feel GTA can ONLY offer a rich and better crime based game by introducing a lot more activities focusing them, rather bullsh*t crap: yoga, tennis, darts, random events, strangers and freaks, etc., to turn into something, as close to Mafia.

So, I definitely feel the need for the games which does show a lot more powerful and serious criminal stuff beyond simple shooting, driving and fending off the cops, and with the introduction of GTA:O, I feel even more so worried that we could ever expect them to deliver.
I'm hoping more interested developers to pick up the concept and produce games, based on organized crime and such activities.

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Why i liked that alot in Saints Row 2,i have to say it SO unrealistic (something GTA have left alone since the beginning of HD Era).
Yeah well i could see trevor beating peds with a stop sign or a mail box.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Yeah well i could see trevor beating peds with a stop sign or a mail box.

Just make his character in SR2 lol

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by TheFunkyBunch, 07 August 2014 - 05:28 PM.

In What Sense Story wise ?  In terms of the game World ? the Driving and Shooting Aspects ? Visually ?  how does it Surpass IV?

The only thing for me Saints row 2 did have Over IV Was Mission Diversity other than that IV Has it beat   IMO   fun Game Though Cruising  Around Stillwater with The Final Countdown or take on me Blasting  was Great  but its Still Not f*cking with the Don that Is Grand Theft Auto IV.   ;)

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:32 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 07 August 2014 - 05:34 PM.

In What Sense Story wise ?  In terms of the game World ? the Driving and Shooting Aspects ? Visually ?  how does it Surpass IV?

The only thing for me Saints row 2 did have Over IV Was Mission Diversity other than that IV Has it beat   IMO   fun Game Though Cruising  Around Stillwater with The Final Countdown or take on me Blasting  was Great  but its Still Not f*cking with the Don that Is Grand Theft Auto IV.   ;)
True talk...although SR2 was the Best and only Best game in the Saints Row Franchise's History,it is 1000x better than the POS SR3 and SR4.
  • Zackyoung1 likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Was only joking, that's why I put the whistling smiley. :D

I thought SR2 was slightly more fun because of the customization, and the side activities. I still think GTA IV is oe of the best games of last gen, though. :)
  • Payne likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users