• ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Arriving Soon at Sunshine Auto's

Ateroid%20Ad-Aged.png

Don't miss out, Order yours now!!!!

Now the about... This was just another one of those, I felt like doing something different mods, I cant work on the VC Beta Cars constantly so I took a break
and begun work on the Asteroid, its meant to be a GTA Copy of the GA/GB Ford Meteor which is the four door sedan of the KA/KB Ford Laser, there is still a little more work
for me to complete on this car but I was quite happy with how this front corner looks so I made a couple renders and then a few Print Quality ads, I know this
model is nothing special but I feel that when I post a topic for a mod of mine it means I will be commited to finishing it and releasing it and not putting
it in the archive of incomplete or unreleased mods I have been slowly growing over time.
  • Masny, Jinx., universetwisters and 5 others like this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Remembers me about a GTA SA car... Nice job anyway! :D

• ALMOST610 likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

Thanks I always try to get everything looking as GTA as Possible, what SA car does it remind you of? I can't think of any SA car it resembles.

• Jinx. likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

I forgot it's name but it resembles this a bit :)

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

San Andreas Rewind Vehicle Artist

• Feroci
  • Italy
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

the roof reminds me the washington

anyway good job :^:

• Jinx. likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Nice. But what about the MH Kurum and Stanier?

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Reminds me of the Admiral,with Manana'ish headlights.
Looks great,the detail of this vehicle would really fit the 3D era universe environment.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Thanks everyone, I always go for GTA Style on my models, now the more I look at the poster ad I made above the more it reminds me of the GTA 3 Police Car, despite that being a large car and this being a small/medium car I suppose they are both technically Vapid's so it is kinda the family style of them then, this is one vehicle I am really looking forward to getting in game. If only I worked at Rockstar 13 years ago.... Vice City would have probably ended up with 200-300 cars of all variations, and probably then close to 400 for San Andreas, I'll probably leave modding GTA before I ever get anywhere near making all the cars I dream of having in GTA, Its another reason why I would like to start a GTA Upstate Liberty mod so I can show off all my custom vehicles in it, or at the very least give other mods on III/VC/SA the chance to use these vehicles so more people can enjoy them who download those mods but don't usually download GTA Style Vehicles. Which kinda gives me an idea for something to look into.

I would have liked to have posted an update picture, but my work on it has mainly been texturing work on the vehicle and also building the engine bay area (the parts behind the body that you cant see unless bit are damaged or fallen off) so there is really nothing much to show for now.

• Savidge likes this

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Some part of the car looks like manana (vice city version) for some reason. oh why there couldn't be more gta style cars instead of "Forza 4, Grid, NFS....etc converted cars" today?

Great work btw.

• universetwisters and Jeansowaty like this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

Wow, this car I never seen it before.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

Looking lovely! I can tell it's based on a Meteor, but as always, I gotta give you credit for making it look like it fits in the GTA universe rather than sticking out like a sore thumb. Simple, yet beautiful. Always good to see your regular, everyday cars over super duper supercars and stuff!

A toast to ALMOST610!

dnLyA.jpg

• lpgunit and Mr_Leone like this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

Yes parts are missing, or not complete, but this below was just a quick render to look at some size comparisons, the Rear Bumper still needs to be made, the Taillight textures need a little fine tuning if I choose this style and other minor details... also the damage parts. I would probably say this is a mid size, not quite as big as the Admiral, not quite as small as the Manana

AsteroidMix.png

• Inadequate and ToyGT_one like this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Wow. I'm wondering how it would look in 2001 :p
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Baka San
  • Baka San

80's Hero

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

Wow, this looks nice, it really fits in with the look of Vice City, it could almost have been included in the original game (and some more car variety would have been nice). My only gripe thus far is that the taillight textures don't really fit in, in that they look too high of a resolution. I find it somewhat noticeable when compared to the other 3 VC cars. Apart from this, it's perfect!

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

This car, like most of your others, would be perfect for my GTA LC :) Shame that other car projects of yours died :( Also, Almost, check out your PM.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

For some odd reason, I was thinking of nothing but a station wagon variant of this at work today. Crazy odd :O

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Technically there was no Wagon of this version of the car but there was the 5 Door Hatch (Ford Laser) which had a different Front End, for some reason Ford Australia thought to market the Sedan as a different car so they changed the lights and grill from the Hatch. (I always thought the hatch would make a good Blista Compact replacement)

ZT-
  • ZT-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by ZT-, 29 March 2017 - 06:03 PM.

-

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Technically there was no Wagon of this version of the car but there was the 5 Door Hatch (Ford Laser) which had a different Front End, for some reason Ford Australia thought to market the Sedan as a different car so they changed the lights and grill from the Hatch. (I always thought the hatch would make a good Blista Compact replacement)

It seems like ford does that a lot everywhere, like in America, the expedition, explorer, and escape were practically the same SUV save for the former being a lot larger than the latter. But yeah, whatever floats your boat. Oddly enough, when I was picturing a station wagon of this, it was crazy similar to a Lada Riva what with the angled back and all.

I need to get a new job, this ones hallucinating-inducing :O

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

Any update?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Nothing too special to show off as it is mostly fine tuning small things that you cant notice too much like getting the rear bumper properly made up, and fiddling with textures and such but I made some nice renders. I still want to change the body map texture along the sides of the car a little more, there is some changes to the lower part of the front bumper to make it a littler nicer that I still need to do and are also considering shortening the front doors and making the rears a little longer, so they are roughly the same length... still not certain on that one though.

You may notice that there is no steering wheel or anything for the driver and that is because only half of the exterior is made so this is the good half mirrored to make it look like a fully complete car.

So things are being done, but nothing major has changed since the last pics of it, its the small things that are being finalized and fixed.

greyAster-1.png

greyAster-2.png

greyAster-3.png

• epoxi, Gutslab, gta111 and 7 others like this

GeneralSteve93
  • GeneralSteve93

GTA Gamer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

You have done an excellent job,so far,my friend.Keep up your great work!!!

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

Nothing too special to show off as it is mostly fine tuning small things that you cant notice too much like getting the rear bumper properly made up, and fiddling with textures and such but I made some nice renders. I still want to change the body map texture along the sides of the car a little more, there is some changes to the lower part of the front bumper to make it a littler nicer that I still need to do and are also considering shortening the front doors and making the rears a little longer, so they are roughly the same length... still not certain on that one though.

You may notice that there is no steering wheel or anything for the driver and that is because only half of the exterior is made so this is the good half mirrored to make it look like a fully complete car.

So things are being done, but nothing major has changed since the last pics of it, its the small things that are being finalized and fixed.

greyAster-1.png

greyAster-2.png

greyAster-3.png

Nice! reminds me of an old Indonesian taxi fleet.

laser+cab+on+street+edit+blog.jpg

Anyway, shouldn't the bumpers be more thicker than that?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

Thats a different model, my model is a GA/GB Ford Meteor (KA/KB Ford Laser) and that car is the KC/KE Ford Laser so it has a revised front and rear to the one I am basing the model on.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Wow. Very nice I think.

• ALMOST610 likes this

Savidge
  • Savidge

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Oh... my... God...

ALMOST, you make some of the best GTA-styled vehicles period! I'd reinstall Vice City again just to play with this car for a while. Keep doing these vehicles man, people like me go crazy over 'em! ;)

Also, idk why but the body shape reminds me of the Vincent from SA (and even though the Vincent is ugly the shape still works well on this car of course!).

• ALMOST610 likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

Thanks, I never saw any similarities myself with the Vincent, but it makes me think of the San Andreas Primo even though it is also quite different from that too.

Savidge
  • Savidge

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Thanks, I never saw any similarities myself with the Vincent, but it makes me think of the San Andreas Primo even though it is also quite different from that too.

You're welcome dude. And now that you mention it, the rear does look like a Primo (and so does the front now that I've studied it a bit more). ;)

TheN00ster
  • TheN00ster

I'm a Playboy!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

I cant wait to play with this car!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

It'd be cool to get this car for SA as well as VC, just an oddball thought.
  • Savidge likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users