Quantcast

» «
Photo

do you actually care about double RP?

47 replies to this topic

Poll: double rp (137 member(s) have cast votes)

do you actually care about the double rp weekends?

1. yes (41 votes [29.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.93%

2. no (96 votes [70.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.07%

if you could, what would you trade double rp for?

1. double mission payouts (95 votes [55.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.23%

2. store discounts (30 votes [17.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.44%

3. limited time missions (23 votes [13.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.37%

4. i would keep double rp (24 votes [13.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.95%

would you like rockstar to announce dlcs more often?

1. yes (111 votes [81.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.02%

2. no (26 votes [18.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote
iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

Oh hell yeah, I loved this weekend. It ranked me up even faster and managed to help me unlock the Minigun much quicker than I hoped.

WORTH IT.

manta5x
  • manta5x

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

Rooftop rumble is a rip off, only 5000 rp it should be 8

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

I'm at level 188 right now so having an official source of level locked DLC and the level to obtain it would be better than just some speculations in the air and nothing actually happen.

I also think it could happen again in the future but would be nice to have that estimate. Also think a lot of the vehicles should have level adjustments.

Yeah I just ignore my RP, play for fun. If something cool turns up and I need to rank up then I'll make an effort - but usually I'd wait until after it's been released. I'm also expecting anything 'level unlocked' to still be around 100 - at 188 I think you're safe :)

I ignore it as well. My main goal was to unlock Minigun when I'm on foot for those police helicopters with their amazing one shot kill ride along officers. Those guys are more OP than the actual police driving in their speed of light cars because they suck at taking turns. Since obtaining what I wanted, I just play with friends and do stupid sh*t to keep me entertained. Buzzard is my best and favorite investment when it does come to missions, though I haven't done any in a while, the last being a RR I did with 3 other people and finishing it by myself.

BaderTank
  • BaderTank

Weed + GTA + Munchies = Priceless.

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:06 AM

Yes,  because i sat there with yesterdays dinner on my vest grinding these last 10 levels to round it up to 200 overall. Clean shaven, now bitch!

G o d
  • G o d

The 1%

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

yeah i care,  i just want to be the highest level i can be. its fun

procharged94
  • procharged94

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

I'm done for the night. From Friday morning at 4am til Monday at 1:30am, I gained 51 levels. Now, sleeeeeeep.

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Trying to think of a member title but my mind keeps Stalin.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

Not really. My character was already a rank 203 before this event, so It didn't appeal really. If It was double mission payouts, than I would have been much more interested. Regardless, this was a nice event and a nice opportunity for those below 100 to finally hit that rank and unlock the Dubsta 6x6, as well as, for those who were below rank 120 and only needed a few more levels for the minigun.

shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

I have a 218 and 217 character. So no, double RP is worthless. We don't even have anything above 120, and there is a 20 level gap between 100 and 120 where (to my knowledge) we don't really unlock anything.

I just did my mission routine each day as normal. Maybe some day that extra RP will be worth it, but by then I'll be like 400 and the unlocks will be for 200 so eh.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

I would have cared more if the cap wasn't level 8000 which is basically impossible to get.

If it was still 1000, I would have made my goal set on that.

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Being level 180 I really don't care about double RP

And I'm okay with the frequency at which R* announces new DLCs. We get a free one about once a month so it's all good :)

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

i dont care about double rp.  thats for sure.  whats the whole point if you stop getting things past level 120?  it seems pretty useless in my book.  i would gladly trade it in for double money or something along the lines of that.

Double RP is useless past rank 120 and RP isn't gonna help us afford the overpriced items. I think that once you reach level 120, all of your RP should be transferred into GTA$. It's pretty dumb that their is no RP cap. Unless R* plans to add more unlockables past level 120, then there is no reason to have R* not caped the levels at 120. Why did they raise the level cap to 8000? I'm assuming its used for easily spotting hackers. But still, seems pretty pointless.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

I'd have actually traded double RP for half RP.

WTF are level ~120 people supposed to do with extra RP?

f*ck knows why there wasn't a level cap at or shortly after 120 anyway.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

i dont care about double rp.  thats for sure.  whats the whole point if you stop getting things past level 120?  it seems pretty useless in my book.  i would gladly trade it in for double money or something along the lines of that.

Double RP is useless past rank 120 and RP isn't gonna help us afford the overpriced items. I think that once you reach level 120, all of your RP should be transferred into GTA$. It's pretty dumb that their is no RP cap. Unless R* plans to add more unlockables past level 120, then there is no reason to have R* not caped the levels at 120. Why did they raise the level cap to 8000? I'm assuming its used for easily spotting hackers. But still, seems pretty pointless.

exactly.  it favors low levels and leaves us high levels with nothing.

• Awesom-0 likes this

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Don't care at all. 

Ranking up is fast & easy.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

Before weekend: Level 148

After weekend: Level 148

• Agent_Ace likes this

Citedx l Tactics l
  • Citedx l Tactics l

BLAW | BRAVO | LEADER®

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

Well rp is useless since I'm 580 but if a friend wants to rank up I'll help.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

This topic has been discussed countless times over the weekend. Everyone makes the same pointless threads, asking the same questions, and burry whatever decent threads there are in the dust.

Thats not what a forum is for. And this is by far the worst forum I've been apart of. Mods dont ban these annoying kids who make a thread whenever an idea or thought pops in their head.

Indeed there are good threads that have gotten buried.  If i needed a hobby, I would make a practice of going through the forum regularly to necro the good threads, like old mapping thread, for example. 

On topic, when I was a young buck in GTA0, I needed the RP bad, and so I farmed it good back then.  Now I grind for $$.  Most people on this forum are probably well up in RP now and so they would probably rather have better payouts, and payouts proportional to mission difficulty. 

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

I actually dislike RP events. My characters are such high levels that I don't want them to level up anymore.
  • lazyassedlover likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users