Photo

Bullet-RESISTANT windows? + Bring back online penalty for killing in f

31 replies to this topic
trumpetblast
  • trumpetblast

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by trumpetblast, 03 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

reeroam

I don't believe should be able to have bullet-PROOF windows - but bullet-RESISTANT ?

Yes please   :cool:  (It's already in the game, the windows on the metro take more bullet hits than usual before breaking...)

This would still make you somewhat vulnerable if you drive into a war zone , but would bring some balance against the

hordes who take great pleasure in killing with the powerful guns for no apparent reason...

As part of any update that would bring this, can we please roll down our windows using the command already assigned

for the retraction of soft-tops and convertibles? It just seems such an obvious omission...

Killing repeatedly and blowing up cars in a Deathmatch = FUN

Killing everyone who appears on your screen and destroying personal vehicles (just because you dislike

their appearance or vehicle taste, or whatever) in freeroam = LAME

Seriously, who's with me on this? $2000 bill for the player who's bullet kills you, and keep the other

penalty's such as Bad Sport for destroying PV's and the Mental State feature (as imperfect as it is...)

If you're going to kill in Freemode, at least have some reasoning behind your actions

(Crew / personal fight / bad team player / awful racer)

Would like to know other's (literate) thoughts on these subjects....

and no I'm not crying because of my lack of talents, I acknowledge those already - but the in-game police

are grief enough, lets collaborate and not decimate ;)

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

There is a penalty. It's called the mental state rising. I'm not a combat oriented person, but all these people saying 'X needs a nerf' or 'Y needs to be punished' is getting ridiculous.

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:19 PM Edited by MythicRare, 03 August 2014 - 10:20 PM.

If you play on Xbox, can you tell me your gamertag? I just want to know it so that if I run into you in free roam, I can know it's you that I'm killing repeatedly. Thank you in advance.

• trumpetblast, Crunch McThornbody, DMC14 and 2 others like this

Otsd4rv4
  • Otsd4rv4

Yggdrasil

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Bullet resistant window would be nice...probably have it cost 50k or so.
Breaking said defense though....no one should get penalized for killing you in your vehicle...in or out. Free-Roam is called "free roam" for a reason. It's free game out there.
  • CrazyHandz likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

If you don't play free aim. You should. You don't get killed in your vehicle anywhere near as easy

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Pointless, the roared still get clear headshots on me with pistols from 500 yards anyways

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

If you don't play free aim. You should. You don't get killed in your vehicle anywhere near as easy

Especially since you're the only person in the lobby!

• dreadluxx, DMC14, RoachKiller_416 and 4 others like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

i agree on the bullet resistance windows, i have been wanting that for ages...

on the freeroam thing... i dont know, me being a freeroam griefer that thing you propose there makes no sense.

would you explain me how the system would know the difference between me killing you because you shoot me first and me killing you because thats what i do...

heck why not make it 5k penalty for scratching your car and 10k penalty if i hit a car and that car i hit scratch your car.

moostered
  • moostered

Racer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

So I can't kill my friends or others in freeroam?Yeah... No thanks

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

That's quite a deterrent.
Except the penalty was for the victim. Whoever got killed paid, not the killer.

The police are incredibly silly. Guaranteed anti-fun when you used silenced pistols up mountain ranges.
Killing in free roam repeated is lame. But watch out, the douchebags that say "go play invite-only" are on the way to prove you otherwise. Invite-only sucks. You may as well play Singleplayer if you're going to be on your own.

Also, rolling down windows should have been there from Day 1.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

The police are incredibly silly. Guaranteed anti-fun when you used silenced pistols up mountain ranges.
Killing in free roam repeated is lame. But watch out, the douchebags that say "go play invite-only" are on the way to prove you otherwise. Invite-only sucks. You may as well play Singleplayer if you're going to be on your own.

Along with the option of keeping the engine running after getting out.

Really don't know why R* didn't keep that in.

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

That's a good idea. The victim should have to pay for being killed.

ZYRFprod
  • ZYRFprod

Runaway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

With all the recent money glitches the assholes with tanks don't really care about losing 10K everytime they kill you.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Or make it free aim against drivers.  But that might be op

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

I agree on both. Maybe not 2K every time though. Maybe have it start low and ramp up if you keep killing people. Or something else, I really don't know. Free roam will always be an insufferable cess pit regardless of anything Rockstar does though.

Hidden Zombie
  • Hidden Zombie

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

There should be no penalty for killing anyone with anything. If you get popped in free roam, oh well that's kind of the point of the game. We don't need any more bullet proof/resistant anything. Worst thing R* ever did was make people feel like they are entitled to live peacefully in GTA.
  • TimelyMeerkat, SNL and lukeskateboards like this

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

Bring back the penalty? There never was a penalty.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Bullet resistant windows is the only good suggestion you had.  Don't want to get killed play single player

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

You say "Bring back a penalty for killing in freeroam."  When was there ever one?  It should be as it is, the mental state state is plenty penalty.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

I'm talking about the medical fees you got when killed. Rockstar reduced it to $500 all the down from $5000, which was the maximum scaled price depending on how much money you owned.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

btw you can roll down your window by switching to unarmed then flipping the bird, I do this quite often 

• trumpetblast, Judicious 7 and TimelyMeerkat like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Okay, isn't this similar to the other thread BrokenLizard made an hour before this one?

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

Seriously, who's with me on this? $2000 bill for the player who's bullet kills you, and keep the other

penalty's such as Bad Sport for destroying PV's and the Mental State feature (as imperfect as it is...)

If you're going to kill in Freemode, at least have some reasoning behind your actions

and no I'm not crying because of my lack of talents, I acknowledge those already - but the in-game police

I'm certainly not with you.

Killing in free roam is fine. Sometimes you just want some action in the sandbox of LS, not some little death match map. So you annoy a couple of people until they retaliate. It's all good fun, and it's why I play GTA.

Both Bad Sport and Mental State are poor ideas. No more, please,

• peyo_taino likes this

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

Great job plagiarizing my thread, dude.
  • lazyassedlover likes this

trumpetblast
  • trumpetblast

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

I'm not promising to reply to everyone, but I will respond to these....

There is a penalty. It's called the mental state rising. I'm not a combat oriented person, but all these people saying 'X needs a nerf' or 'Y needs to be punished' is getting ridiculous.

- mental state is a relatively soft punishment in my opinion, but I respect your statement.

If you play on Xbox, can you tell me your gamertag? I just want to know it so that if I run into you in free roam, I can know it's you that I'm killing repeatedly. Thank you in advance.

:D This made me smile! Unfortunately I'm on PS3, so I'm out of reach for you...

Bullet resistant window would be nice...probably have it cost 50k or so.
Breaking said defense though....no one should get penalized for killing you in your vehicle...in or out. Free-Roam is called "free roam" for a reason. It's free game out there.

I guess I have a different definition of 'Freeroam'. For me it should be a 'staging post' for the missions / races / deathmatches / heists , but I'm an idealist :)

Ah, yes - but I'm in a friendly auto aim crew so I would need to convince them to go free aim, I don't think I'll have much luck selling that one :/

i agree on the bullet resistance windows, i have been wanting that for ages...

on the freeroam thing... i dont know, me being a freeroam griefer that thing you propose there makes no sense.

would you explain me how the system would know the difference between me killing you because you shoot me first and me killing you because thats what i do...

heck why not make it 5k penalty for scratching your car and 10k penalty if i hit a car and that car i hit scratch your car.

I see your point regarding the kill penalty, but if another player was taking potshots at you, but not often enough to kill you outright (just lowering your armour/health) it would be your decision to deal with it as you see fit. I they kill you (with a weapon) they pay, if you kill them (with a weapon), you pay. If a group of players were to attack another group, it WOULD pretty much be a lottery as to who loses the money, but the game SHOULD know who fired the fatal shot. Basically, if you don't want to pay, it's your risk to engage or go somewhere / do something else. Or run them over. Or slice them with helicopter blades. Vehicular death would be exempt from such penalties in the system I envisage. In my response to Otsd4rv4, I said: "I guess I have a different definition of 'Freeroam'. For me it should be a 'staging post' for the missions / races / deathmatches / heists , but I'm an idealist :)

You state "killing's what I do" - I would recommend LTS, DM, GTA race or even Capture if you want the feeling of getting one over on someone...

About the car damage : sarcastic much? :D

So I can't kill my friends or others in freeroam?Yeah... No thanks

Well yeah... There are game modes specifically for that type of fun you propose.

I agree on both. Maybe not 2K every time though. Maybe have it start low and ramp up if you keep killing people. Or something else, I really don't know. Free roam will always be an insufferable cess pit regardless of anything Rockstar does though.

I chose 2K randomly - I like the idea of it rising (along with the mental state?) - a proper bounty system! For your last statement, I fear you are correct unless R* really do something major....

There should be no penalty for killing anyone with anything. If you get popped in free roam, oh well that's kind of the point of the game. We don't need any more bullet proof/resistant anything. Worst thing R* ever did was make people feel like they are entitled to live peacefully in GTA.

I understand where you're coming from, but since R* introduced money into the game world, people will act as they do with money and possessions in real life - buy / hoard / protect / destroy / cheat.... I don't think the player should be entitled to live peacefully in GTA, I just think people would be encouraged to play smarter if there were clear incentives / penalties to bear in mind. I realise it is just a game, but the omnipresence of people just mowing others down with guns in free mode detracts from the game as a whole - as I have stated before, there are multiple options for murder and mayhem in this game, but some seem to enjoy griefing in freemode more than anything else.

btw you can roll down your window by switching to unarmed then flipping the bird, I do this quite often 

thanks, something I've not noticed before :)

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

reeroam

I don't believe should be able to have bullet-PROOF windows - but bullet-RESISTANT ?

Yes please   :cool:  (It's already in the game, the windows on the metro take more bullet hits than usual before breaking...)

This would still make you somewhat vulnerable if you drive into a war zone , but would bring some balance against the

hordes who take great pleasure in killing with the powerful guns for no apparent reason...

As part of any update that would bring this, can we please roll down our windows using the command already assigned

for the retraction of soft-tops and convertibles? It just seems such an obvious omission...

Killing repeatedly and blowing up cars in a Deathmatch = FUN

Killing everyone who appears on your screen and destroying personal vehicles (just because you dislike

their appearance or vehicle taste, or whatever) in freeroam = LAME

Nope, indiscriminate killing in free roam is fun for me.

trumpetblast
  • trumpetblast

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

I'm talking about the medical fees you got when killed. Rockstar reduced it to $500 all the down from $5000, which was the maximum scaled price depending on how much money you owned.

That's what I was referring to, thanks for clarifying :)

Not trying to be an ass, but the question is slightly different regarding the glass, and rather than make another topic I asked something else (kill penalty) in addition.

I think the forum is open enough for both topics to exist, but if the Mods disagree, then I would prefer them to merge under your topic name.

No disrespect intended.

TimelyMeerkat
  • TimelyMeerkat

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Your thread was about bullet proof windows. This thread is about bullet resistant windows. He even mentioned in the original post that he doesn't want bullet proof windows. Also to be fair both topics have been discussed before.

Sayuri
  • Sayuri

chinatown wars sucks lol

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

I support this as a peaceful player,

To hell with small men.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

I think armored glass could be balanced into the game by imposing the realistic fact that you can't open or break the windows to use weapons. So if you drive behind bulletproof glass you can't shoot or throw bombs unless you get out of the vehicle. While driving you could only use the vehicle as a weapon, and you would still be vulnerable to direct hits by explosives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users