Quantcast

» «
Photo

Moderation queue cleared

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Best Answer Dutchy3010, 05 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

We are still working on a new GTAGarage, but clearing the moderation queue was priority number one. :) Go to the full post

10 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

We are pleased to inform you that the GTAGarage moderation queue is cleared! All modifications, downloads and screenshots are reviewed. Furthermore, the support tickets and reports are handled.

Please note that everything is handled manually, so mistakes are inevitable. If you notice a mistake, post a support ticket when it is your modification or a report when it is someone else's modification.

Thank you for your patience!
  • Gramps, lpgunit, LINK/2012 and 7 others like this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

That's 'swell, but if you ask me I think you guys should reconsider your submission guidelines, well, to keep GTAGarage from being littered with junk or spam submissions. It's not that I'm scaring or turning modders off from posting their works, but what I'm saying is that mods that are too ambitious to be done or are clearly not up to standard, i.e. the likes of GTA Nepal which would likely consist of stolen content, should be taken off the database, or at least have it edited to conform to the guidelines.

• TJGM likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 04 August 2014 - 03:48 AM.

Oh Great, a nice new influx of stolen mods approved!

This user has been banned and now all their mods have been approved.

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=26260 (This is Maxo's Vehicle Loader that has been stolen & modified to change the 'MVL' folder to 'HCLVL' all the read me's still say MVL though)

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=26247 (Its GTA San Andreas compressed down to 8MB.... ???)

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=26234 (This is a CLEO mod Pack, it looks like most of the Mods have been stolen from Ashwin, including his Landmine and Phone System Mods)

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=26230 (This is a modified version of the Interstate 420 Mod)

Well it should be fun tracking down all the new mods with stolen content and finding the source of the so we can get them removed.

---

But on a positive, atleast the pictures for some of my mods are approved now.

That's 'swell, but if you ask me I think you guys should reconsider your submission guidelines, well, to keep GTAGarage from being littered with junk or spam submissions. It's not that I'm scaring or turning modders off from posting their works, but what I'm saying is that mods that are too ambitious to be done or are clearly not up to standard, i.e. the likes of GTA Nepal which would likely consist of stolen content, should be taken off the database, or at least have it edited to conform to the guidelines.

Not GTA Nepal.... but I was soooo looking forward to it and playing as "Bahadur The Main Character of This Game Goes to future Mepal By Riding In Delorean And Stucks There forever. He Should Survive There by killikg others, eating food and driving vehicles." with features like killing others, eating food and driving vehicles you can tell they have worked really hard to add features never seen in a GTA game before, I cant wait to taste the virtual food. Based on the quality images they posted on GTA Garage you can tell this is really going to shape up to an awesome mod with absolutely no stolen content.... :lol:

But Seriously gtanepal.png

• lpgunit, Jinx. and TJGM like this

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Someone should give Almost ability to remove mods. GTAG would be clean, like never before.
  • lpgunit, ALMOST610, _Douglas_ and 2 others like this

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

Well it should be fun tracking down all the new mods with stolen content and finding the source of the so we can get them removed.

I reviewed around 2000 modifications. It is impossible to find all the stolen content.

All the mods you mentioned are removed. If you see any more stolen content, please report them. Thank you for your help. :^: :^:

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

You forgot the Nepal modpack, among other things. It is sorta hard if not impossible, yes. But it should be reminder on moderating/curating content.

Fenton
  • Fenton

It's him, The anomaly, Do we proceed, Yes

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:44 AM

What about http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=26055

It's GTA Kathmadu , It's never have been complete or been started, Trust me

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Dead mods are automatically detected by the website. Those modifications will be removed when they exceed the time limit.
  • 65536 likes this

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by 65536, 05 August 2014 - 05:07 PM.

Dead mods are automatically detected by the website. Those modifications will be removed when they exceed the time limit.

I have an one similar suggestion for GTAGarage.com for you (I've posted it previously here http://gtaforums.com...m-gtagaragecom/). You can also add a detection that will delete after 3 or 4 months mods stated (marked) as completed (some even have a screenshots) but with no download available? If you don't understand, here is quote of my suggestion:

I have a suggestion for the team hosting GTA Network.com. I suggest in gtagarage.com to be added a feature that automatically deletes mods older than 6 months if their Status says "Complete", but Download section says "No Download Available Yet", i. e. a feature for gtagarage.com which automatically check, detect and delete all mods with status "Complete" appeared on gtagarage.com a more than 6 months ago with no download available at all.

For example: Someone is made a page for any completed (finished) mod in gtagarage.com, but didn't upload the files for his mod. If 5 months passess and the mod stays without the download (i. e. if download section says "No Download Available Yet"), the site sends to mod's author a reminidering e-mail to upload his mod. If the author doesn't respond (or he isn't had any activity on gtagarage.com, gtaforums.com, etc.) and 6 months after publishing his completed mod it is still unavailable for download, it to be automatically deleted from gtagarage.com. There are many users that has done any mods, register on gtagarage.com and publish there a pages for their completed mods and leaves the site, however, these authors never have any activity anymore, not even to upload their mods.

I. e. on every mod appeared on gtagarage.com a more than 6 months ago this feature to acts like this:

1. Status: Work in Progress: Download: No Download; Mod Not Complete - automatic deleting doesn't apply;
2. Status: Work in Progress: Download: (list of files available for download); - automatic deleting doesn't apply;
3. Status: Complete; Download: No Download Available Yet - automatically deleting will activates and deletes the corresponding mod;
4. Status: Complete; Download: (list of files available for download); - automatic deleting doesn't apply.

In this way gtagarage.com will be kept clean from any similar "dead" mods that are completed, but no matter, their authors never uploaded and made them available for download. And in this way will be released a server disk space from a similar mods that because of the missing (unavailable) download nobody will be able to use them in his GTA game.

I've used the search engine and searched forum for a similar thread in "The Network" forum, but it didn't found a similar one. Or, if a similar thread already exists, please to move this topic there...

This is because why there to be a pages for completed mods on GTAGarage with no files available for download if no one can get them?!?

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

What's happening? Afraid of a little bad luck?

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by darthvader20011, 05 August 2014 - 05:24 PM.

Or just don't let the users to put mod pages without uploading a file? (Well, the WIP mods can wait until the authors will do them, so they can be posted with a download link). With this, there would be less (but LESS) spam mods or dead WIP mods.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:26 PM   Best Answer

We are still working on a new GTAGarage, but clearing the moderation queue was priority number one. :)
  • 65536 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users