Properties feel very tacked on and not fleshed out

71 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

The overwhelming majority are either new to GTA or SA fans that are happy with less quality & content and only like it for being new or GRAPHICS OMG.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

The overwhelming majority are either new to GTA or SA fans that are happy with less quality & content and only like it for being new or GRAPHICS OMG.

Nice sweeping generalisation. I'm not new to GTA. IV was my favourite until V. 

I think the quality here is higher than in previous games, personally, and the content is adequate, considering we haven't had any DLC yet. 

I do like it because it's new and I haven't played it endlessly, like I have with all the other GTAs, and I do like the graphics. But for me it's about the map, the atmosphere of the city, the freedom to explore, the range of vehicles, the variety of terrain... so many other things. 

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Anyway, I feel like a lot of you over hyped GTA V

Nope. GTA V didn't live up to the standards R* set up with IV (Quality) and SA (Number of content)

You sh*tting me? It didn't live up to YOUR guys's standards! It impressed the hell outta me because I expected a GTA IV:2 , and what I got was something much more, a fantastic world with an amazing atmosphere. I had almost relived the feeling I had so many years ago when I first opened Vice City, the sense of wonder. Maybe it's because I didn't sit behind a computer all day and pile up a wishlist of what I wanted to see in GTA V so I could be disappointed when it's not included......I know hype is basically unavoidable, but when GTA VI is coming out, and you guys are flooding the forums, please don't over hype.....Because nothing will seem to satisfy you guys at all....

• Fuzzknuckles and OneManCrimeWave like this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by im_stoned, 08 August 2014 - 04:10 PM.

Everything in this game is half assed it's pretty frustrating .

Anyway...... I haven't been on here much lately so i'll try and stay positive but it's impossible on this subject. I honestly wish they didn't have properties in the game. Their less than useless to me.

Like I said I don't want to be a negative prick but how can I not ? how can I be positive about this garbage ?\

The properties start becoming more available towards the end of the game because you don't have much money at the start (if you ignore stock/lesnar thing) So by the time you buy the properties you have millions of dollars anyway and the properties don't pay sh*t ! So their pointless at that point in the game. On top of that the missions are as unimaginative and uncreative as they could possibly get I challenge any gaming company to top that sh*t. I'm sure some have and that's nothing to be proud off.

Anyway..... buying property is something I get really passionate about so it pisses me off when a company basically teases me like this :( it hurts my little heart it really does. 

Even just little things like choosing what cars you're taxi company will use, that would be a hoot ! you'd have to pay for them of course but that's all part of the fun. Same thing goes for bars ect. Theirs a lot of things you could do and rockstar did none of them.............

this is why me and the entertainment industry have falling outs, I get that it's a business but holy f*ck that doesn't = have no pride or respect for you're work.

I mean damn ! and yes I understand this isn't a real estate game I know they worked very hard on this game all i'm saying is they tried to add to many different things and probably should of added less content/ shrunk the map a bit and just focused on making the things they did add more fleshed out with replay ability .  

• A.O.D.88 likes this

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'm pretty sure that all of the SA fans aren't ok with ANY new GTA game, considering they just b*tch about everything. 

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Yeah I expected some better missions, probably not the same as Vice City's but at least a little bit of better variety.. it's almost like if I'm playing VCS's business feature again which if most of you remember.. was going from point A to B, smash sh*t up or go from A to B and kill members, break stuff and then repeat that 15 times for each business building you own.

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by Bi0ha2ard_q8, 08 August 2014 - 06:05 PM.

Properties in V are there as a safe investment and to generate money. In Vice City the properties were part of the storyline, growing Vercetti's empire and making him a drug lording kingpin. Each game has a different narrative and situation, if every GTA game was interchangeable the series would've grown stale.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

I felt like a lot of what was in GTA V was rushed like the properties.

I always said that GTA V was meant to be on the next gen consoles and not ps3/360 

because they wanted to shut take two's investors up they went ahead and put this out knowing 

that it wasn't all the way finish 

I praying that this GTA V will make more sense than the ones on previous consoles. I mean 
you buy a business but can't actually see the "business" except from what it looks like on the 

outside. 

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

I don't think we can even begin to compare GTA V to GTA SA because SA doesn't have the new GTAO

Whether we like it or not, probably months and maybe even a year's worth of features, art, and design man hours that could have been spent on GTA V properties, repetitive quests, random events, or side-missions were instead spent on GTAO missions and properties/housing

and when you combine GTAV with GTAO, the properties of GTAV/O are far above SA... not to mention basically every other single thing

which sucks for some of us... honnestly I rather have NOT had GTAO and just had way way more GTAV properties, content, missions, etc

but if we are going to do a fair comparison, gotta include GTAO in GTAV

• A.O.D.88 and Al3x_XXI like this

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

I don't think we can even begin to compare GTA V to GTA SA because SA doesn't have the new GTAO

Whether we like it or not, probably months and maybe even a year's worth of features, art, and design man hours that could have been spent on GTA V properties, repetitive quests, random events, or side-missions were instead spent on GTAO missions and properties/housing

and when you combine GTAV with GTAO, the properties of GTAV/O are far above SA... not to mention basically every other single thing

which sucks for some of us... honnestly I rather have NOT had GTAO and just had way way more GTAV properties, content, missions, etc

but if we are going to do a fair comparison, gotta include GTAO in GTAV

With all due respect, f*ck GTA O.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

I was very disappointed we couldn't enter them and it wasn't more like San Andreas,Vice city or vice city stories. On all of them we were able to enter some of the businesses and at least we had variety.

• Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they're more fleshed out in GTA:O ( accessible interiors, various side jobs, upgrade options, etc ) to make sure the players can have more good sources to earn, along side heists to make the boring grinding more interesting and worth for re-visiting GTA:O and spend more time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users