Properties feel very tacked on and not fleshed out

71 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I remember when the Gameinformer issue was released they said there wouldn't be any Properties to buy

and many were disappointed

in the end we still somehow got properties but the way it was done was very lazy

I mean you can't enter them the missions are just boring with no real variety

Does anyone else think that because people complained they just added them in a very lazy way so they can claim that:
Look you can buy properties again!

• Raptor013, saintsrow, Marwin Moody and 2 others like this

burnzy187
  • burnzy187

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Properties are a big disappointment hopefully for next gen . PC they will add interiors and maybe new Property side missions 

• Syphiroth likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

May be they just wanted to keep the properties as exteriors only, just like other closed interiors, until they decided to make use of the properties and connected with the missions.
It definitely sucks more than what we'd played in the past.
I blame GTA:O, instead of calling it a lazy move from Rockstar.
They aren't so stupid enough to not see them as suitable for something called 'single player' experience.
  • adictoGTA, FANTOMTRON, Militia and 1 other like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

It's better than not having them at all I suppose, but yeah the feature definitely seems like a last-minute addition to the game.

• FANTOMTRON and JRock462 like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

It feels tacked on because it was.

R* said there would be no properties. People didn't like that. So they added properties. 

• Tony., Marwin Moody, DaRkL3AD3R and 5 others like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

R* said there would be no properties. People didn't like that. So they added properties. 

This. They couldn't even implement properties fully as they advertised. Watch the SINGLE PLAYER gameplay trailer, towards the end when they're talking about ways to spend your money. They mention, tattoos, stocks and real estate. They even show you the dynasty8 or whatever real estate page. And after that they go "and then there's GTA Online." So they obviously had intentions for a fleshed out property system but tacked it on too late/didn't have the headroom to properly implement and will do so in next gen.

Sucks, but at least you know with PC there's always opportunity for some mods  to come in and add content where content is missing.

• saintsrow and FANTOMTRON like this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by killahmatic, 03 August 2014 - 06:40 PM.

I think the properties are ok. I didn't want any anyway, but I'm glad about the income they provide or i'd be broke. Some of the mini missions are fun, though notifications for them are annoying. Ideally, each property should be enterable and somehow benefit the player in more ways than just money. 

• Raptor013, Syphiroth and JRock462 like this

da_KING
  • da_KING

Anger Of Beast

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

I don't know. I am alright with whatever they decided to do for the game.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Properties are ok, but they were HELL of alot better in VC. in VC you had the option to do provide for your property, while in V (With no interiors at all) The idiots call you and tell you to do something, if you don't you don't get as much money from that property, but instead less. That's stupid. 

• Raptor013 and sqre like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:01 PM Edited by Xerukal, 03 August 2014 - 07:02 PM.

Something really odd happened with the properties. Most of the bars, clubs and strip clubs you can buy look like they should have interiors and mini-games, but don't. It's weird. Properties were either tacked on or just downgraded heavily because of...

Console limitations

Spoiler

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Trick

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:05 PM Edited by MightyMax, 03 August 2014 - 07:06 PM.

here from Official gameplay trailer GTA V you can see the houses buy from Dynasty8

i965432_Immagine.jpg

• ten-a-penny, maxrogers, ViceCityStalker and 1 other like this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:13 PM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 03 August 2014 - 07:14 PM.

Something really odd happened with the properties. Most of the bars, clubs and strip clubs you can buy look like they should have interiors and mini-games, but don't. It's weird. Properties were either tacked on or just downgraded heavily because of...

Console limitations

Spoiler

i can hear helicopters  

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Console limitations

Spoiler

Trevor's coming for you.

Mr. Tibbs
  • Mr. Tibbs

Liberal Hater

• Members
  • Cayman-Islands

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Console limitations

Spoiler

>Done perfectly fine in other games with console support

>I-itz the consuls, i swer!

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by Xerukal, 03 August 2014 - 07:45 PM.

Console limitations

Spoiler

GTA V isn't other games.

• stjimmy3 and ten-a-penny like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:00 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 August 2014 - 08:00 PM.

Properties are ok, but they were HELL of alot better in VC. in VC you had the option to do provide for your property, while in V (With no interiors at all) The idiots call you and tell you to do something, if you don't you don't get as much money from that property, but instead less. That's stupid. 

One thing I thought they did get right was fending off gang members attacking your business. Doing that, you really get the sense that you're a property owner who means business, not by doing stupid delivery errands.

• Cutter De Blanc, dreaded_verse and Sofa like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

At least most of the properties have their own missions, so it's at least more developed compared to other tacked on features. 

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

A lot of stuff was added after the November preivew. Original V was going to be more like IV and the majority would have hated it. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Console limitations

Spoiler

Did you really just use THAT argument, and then try to mock him?

Just...no.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

A lot of stuff was added after the November preivew.

What was added?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by Sting4S, 03 August 2014 - 09:54 PM.

Shouldn't they have just left properties absent from the game if they were reluctant to add them in the first place? Adding for sale signs and incomes to random props around the map is not what people were asking for. When people asked for properties, they were asking for interesting, fleshed out properties that did more than just sitting there and looking pretty.

This is one of the reason why Rockstar annoys me sometimes. They know what they're doing is half assed.

• sqre, Cutter De Blanc and Syphiroth like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

A lot of stuff was added after the November preivew. Original V was going to be more like IV and the majority would have hated it. 

nothing major was added except properties and tatooes &barbershop thats it no idea how these features

are essential for the game sure they are nice but if they wouldn't be in people wouldn't hate GTA V

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

A lot of stuff was added after the November preivew.

What was added?

Half assed properties, that was it. According to him that was a lot of stuff.

Wylight
  • Wylight

Previously known as Skizzo45

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Here's the little thingy thing...

Properties were a last minute decision for GTA V single player, that's why they're so half assed. And no, these properites WON'T get any interiors with the next gen and PC release of the game nor anything else, that's how they are and that's how they're gonna stay although it's possible to have more purchasable properties with interiors and other crap via DLC

The Online apartments appeared in the SP trailer either by mystake which is unlikely or simply because they were indeed meant to have an impact on the SP as well.

Now honestly speaking, I don't want any of the Online apartments in the single player simply because they're nothing really too special, they're generic and small as hell.

The reason I wanted purchasable houses (not apartments) in SP was because I wanted each one of them to be unique, fully fledged (not just a couple rooms) and each one with an unique art style. A bunch of modern mansions on Vinewood, a couple more on Vespucci Canals, lots in the countryside and so on. The ''houses'' of Online use the same interiors as the other apartments which is pretty pathetic. 

Same goes for properties, I don't just want interiors, I would want more substancial content coming with each property, maybe developing like a little career with each bussiness/property and having to do something for them not just buy them and then receive their revenue while having some perks.

Like running your own drug dealing ''bussiness'' and having to take care of it, make deliveries, attack your rivals, organize robberies to steal their drugs, etc and all as a side thing

Or buying a club and being able to manage it like in the TBOGT DLC or hire somebody who needs an actual salary to work in your place when you don't bother

Or buying a restaurant and having to deliver the goodies yourself or again hire someone up and then having to protect it from gangs coming to mess around

You know, that constant feeling that you have to do something for your sh*t, that you're an important person, so important you randomly and dinamically have hitmen after you trying to get your head, getting into your house, having to constantly protect your family as Michael or again, hire up bodyguads to protect the house.

But nope, go play Tenis, Golf and Yoga instead, they'll be better than all that stuff. 

• AleX AciD, sqre, Official General and 6 others like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Properties were a last minute decision for GTA V single player, that's why they're so half assed. And no, these properites WON'T get any interiors with the next gen and PC release of the game nor anything else, that's how they are and that's how they're gonna stay although it's possible to have more purchasable properties with interiors and other crap via DLC

The Online apartments appeared in the SP trailer either by mystake which is unlikely or simply because they were indeed meant to have an impact on the SP as well.

Now honestly speaking, I don't want any of the Online apartments in the single player simply because they're nothing really too special, they're generic and small as hell.

The reason I wanted purchasable houses (not apartments) in SP was because I wanted each one of them to be unique, fully fledged (not just a couple rooms) and each one with an unique art style. A bunch of modern mansions on Vinewood, a couple more on Vespucci Canals, lots in the countryside and so on. The ''houses'' of Online use the same interiors as the other apartments which is pretty pathetic. 

Same goes for properties, I don't just want interiors, I would want more substancial content coming with each property, maybe developing like a little career with each bussiness/property and having to do something for them not just buy them and then receive their revenue while having some perks.

Like running your own drug dealing ''bussiness'' and having to take care of it, make deliveries, attack your rivals, organize robberies to steal their drugs, etc and all as a side thing

Or buying a club and being able to manage it like in the TBOGT DLC or hire somebody who needs an actual salary to work in your place when you don't bother

Or buying a restaurant and having to deliver the goodies yourself or again hire someone up and then having to protect it from gangs coming to mess around

You know, that constant feeling that you have to do something for your sh*t, that you're an important person, so important you randomly and dinamically have hitmen after you trying to get your head, getting into your house, having to constantly protect your family as Michael or again, hire up bodyguads to protect the house.

But nope, go play Tenis, Golf and Yoga instead, they'll be better than all that stuff. 

I couldn't have said it better myself. The only pointless interiors I'd like would be places like Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell, and Up N' Atom however simply because they just add to a cities atmosphere.

• sqre likes this

davegrimes96
  • davegrimes96

One man army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by davegrimes96, 04 August 2014 - 12:02 AM.

they should have been like the homestead from assassins creed 3, you do certain missions to upgrade the look and revenue of the property 

• Raptor013 and AndrewDeSanta like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

I remember this dumb GTA:Online preview that stated we could upgrade our apartments in Online & Single Player with custom veneers, custom floors, and custom paints. I knew they were bullsh*tting but that would've been so nice.

• Raptor013 likes this

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

The way I see it is they didn't give two sh*ts about property management until people complained so they remedied this with a boring ass waste of time property management. They just did this for more profit less work.
  • Raptor013 likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

This, give this man/woman a cookie. 

SFPD officer
  • SFPD officer

What do I look like I'm made of? Pudding?

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

@Skizzo45

I agree 100 %.

I don't even need 1000 purchasable properties like in VCS or AC: B/R. Vice City handled it well, so why not start there? Give us a few distinct properties, each with unique full-fledged missions and then just wrap VCS-style side-missions and activities around it. Also, it could have helped make a bigger difference between the protagonists. Trevor could have run the illegal, straight criminal businesses. Drug dealing, smuggling, protection, prostitution. Franklin could have run the "fancier" crime business. White collar crime, big heists, assassinations. And Michael could be able to buy into some legal businesses with a criminal spin on them; think TBoGT's club management.

• Raptor013 and bish0p2004 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users