Free Roam Mini-Games (PS3)

9 replies to this topic
Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hey guys, so I don't know about all of you. But I'm getting pretty bored of my GTA Routine. Usually it's some missions, Deathmatches and then some Races to finish off. Races are always fun with friends, but it does get tedious after a while doing a lot of the same tracks.

The problem with Free Roam sessions is, you can really have fun. Depending on who is in it, a group of randoms is just way too predictable, and it's usually just a kill fest. Which grows old after a while, Player vs Player can be fun at times. For example, a sniping war I had with a guy in a small lobby, we had a lot of fun. But most of the time, it's pretty annoying..

Anyway, getting to the point, I've been thinking up some Mini-Game ideas recently, but not been able to try them. I have friends that play, but not nearly enough that play regularly to make it work. Here's the ideas I've had:

1. King of the Hill:

crown.png

Host (me) instructs everyone to set a waypoint on the map. Could be Mount Chillad or something. I've been thinking of a locked race, for example the host states which car everyone is using (to make it more fair). Such as Sanchez. First person at the top can win a prize, like money from a bounty or something.

2. Manhunt

A group of players are selected to be the seekers, whilst the rest are instructed to hide in a designated area. For example, the Construction Site, East Los Santos, Vinewood Hills. They have a minute to find a spot, and cannot move once in their spot. Once they're found, they too become a seeker. The seekers start far away from the area in their own personal vehicles. They drive there once everyone is hidden. HUD is required to be turned off.

3. Vigilante/Assassin

One player at random is picked to be the Vigilante, whilst the host also randomly picks a person to be the Murderer. The Vigilantes job is to protect the Innocents. Only the twist is, the Vigilante doesn't know who the murderer is. The Vigilante is instructed to turn their HUD off, everyone in the lobby meets at a designated area and is told what role they have. The Innocents are instructed not to tell the Vigilante anything, and must accept being killed if a criminal approaches them.

How it would work: The Innocents would walk around normally in a set area, the Assassin/Murderers job is to blend in and kill off the innocents. The Vigilante can be identified by the Assassin by a set type of clothing, or a certain car. The Vigilante must do a regular sweep every time around the area inspecting the area. This gives the Assassin an open window to kill, but it gets harder when there is less people the Vigilante has to watch.

4. Tag/Or Team Tag

A tagger or a team of taggers are assigned their roles. Everyone starts at the pier or something. The runners are given a head start to run, whilst the taggers get prepared to give chase. The Tag can be identified by a player kill from one of the taggers. The runners are not allowed to shoot back. When a player dies, they themselves can then give chase to the remaining runners.

This is what I have so far. I'm trying to think up other ideas, my plan would be to possibly get a 16 Player lobby together and play these. I think it would be a nice break away from the usual stuff.

Would anyone be interested/have ideas for Free Roam games?

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by dairyworker, 03 August 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Wrong thread. Sorry.

thecoolguy3
  • thecoolguy3

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yeah I love made up free mode mini games,in fact me and my crew play these everyday. Why don't you post your psn and I will add you

mackers06
  • mackers06

Rat

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Number 3. Will it not pop up and say "player 1 killed player 2" so everyone will know the murderer from the 1st kill or does turning the HUD off prevent this?

FckAllYalll
  • FckAllYalll

The Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

I'd so f*cking be up for this. If you see me online I'd be down to help arrange something like this. Or even brainstorm of other ideas.

Add me!
PSN: FckAllYalll

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

-: Pro Heister :-

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:33 PM Edited by sebcreed, 03 August 2014 - 10:33 PM.

Good ideas there mate, add me: sebcreed just put a note as I get quite a few requests.

We do events every weekends in GMT, link in sig if interested.

ninjalogical
  • ninjalogical

Swagger McPimpdaddy

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

I'm up for it, PSN: bassman32590

thecoolguy3
  • thecoolguy3

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

I wish there were more people like the OP

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Awesome guys, I'll try and add you all soon. But I'll see how many others are interested. :) I don't know when I'll be able to host it exactly, as I work a lot. But hopefully sometime this week or next week.

Also, if the guys that have posted have any fresh ideas, I'll add them.

In regards to your question mackers06, I hope the kills don't show, but I'll try it with the HUD off the next time in Free Mode to see if they show.

thecoolguy3
  • thecoolguy3

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

Try Michael Myers,dodge the tank,man hunt, frogger ,busted I love all those

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users