Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should low level players stay out of freeroam?

46 replies to this topic
xxJ0n4Th0Nxx
  • xxJ0n4Th0Nxx

Who?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

They've got to learn the ropes somehow, even if they get ahead of themselves and try taking on high levels they will quickly learn how things work, well most of them at least.

And farming store robberies is a good way to make money and earn some RP (and get them used to dealing with the cops), when you only have a few crappy noob missions to do.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

iProGam3r
  • iProGam3r

Hakosuka or Hachiroku?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

No, gives them experience, the first time I was in free roam I had to buy clothes and I ran over another player, it was food fun.

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by lilmoonpie, 03 August 2014 - 05:27 PM.

I didn't, and I wouldn't recommend it. Too much of a weapon disadvantage. But I started out before the Bullpup Rifle, so things might be diferent now. I generally try to stay away from killing the really low-level players unless they start sh*t with me, then I try to run them off.

Most of the really low-level players have to be second characters, though. I had a Level 1 starting sh*t with me the other day and he was combat rolling while fighting with me. If he went through the tutorial, he'd be at least a Level 3, right? And while I'm not saying it's not impossible for new players to come out of the box combat rolling, it's highly unlikely.

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Everyone who played started off at rank 1 and suddenly people are saying level 20 or 30? Can you imagine the tears and fallout if upon starting GTA online for the first time (after all the hype) they were told "no you can't play with anyone yet so heres a few more days of single player - but 'online' "

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

I don't get the logic behind the original post. It's not like something tragic happens to any players in this game. If you are a low level and you come across a higher level player you'll probably get shot. But guess what, you respawn and go about your business or you go into passive mode. Its not like you get kicked from the server or anything. This is just a game.

morgan 5301
  • morgan 5301

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

I had a low level asking me to give him $850 000 the other day seriously does he really think I'd give him that much I barely had a $100 000 on me as I just bought all the ammo I needed as I don't buy ammo till i'm down to my last few rounds and then i fully upgraded a few of my pv.

fvxxk
  • fvxxk

GH0$T

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I troll them.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

freeroam is training ground for the future griefers and spawnkillers...

after all not all low levels are legit new players, many are just second characters.

the other day 3 high levels(100+)got bend over by my level 8 female character hahaha they had no choice but to quit while assuring i was cheating, all because my lady is wearing a dunce cap.

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

I didnt join freeroam frequently until i atleast had an ap pistol and knew how to defend myself, I think low level players that get taken advantage of in freeroam bring this upon themselves, They should be ranking up through missions and races before they enter a complete and lawless jungle.

It's up to the individual what they want to do. But, we can offer some advice to noobs.
When I was low-level, I would try to get into Survival, first thing. Then I could pick up every weapon the game had to offer, and use 'em in Freemode till the ammo ran out. Rinse, lather, repeat.
Now that I'm high-level, if I need extra players, I always try to invite players below level 20 into the game. Survival is a fun way to pick up weapons, get RP and money, and to learn some moves. If you want to help the noobs, invite them into Survival.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

my lady is wearing a dunce cap.

M'lady

lLUb55K.gif

• ls_stories likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 03 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

No. They should stay ou
t of Team Deathmatches and use Free Roam to practice killing and surving and not just dying in DMs.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

No way. Rank says nothing about a player's skill. In free roam, I sometimes spectate freemode deathmatches and I've seen low levels dominate over the higher ones.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 03 August 2014 - 06:50 PM.

No way. Rank says nothing about a player's skill. In free roam, I sometimes spectate freemode deathmatches and I've seen low levels dominate over the higher ones.

Not the bums im suddenly getting paired up with. The Ranks are more deceiving than ever right now as the Double RP has cats with DM skill levels of 20 now in the 100's.

SanAndreasRolePlay
  • SanAndreasRolePlay

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

Personally I think it's good when a low level is in a public lobby because the only way you're gonna learn is by experience. I've learned far more by my deaths than by my kills.

HKM87
  • HKM87

Japanese cars are boring

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

A better tip: NEVER EVER play free roam, its useless.

DRFT571
  • DRFT571

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

I helped out a low level today rob some stores and evade them in my luxury jet, then some red dotted player came and started killing him repeatedly then me

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

My low level will destroy your high level

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users