Quantcast

» «
Photo

MOTW #12: Racing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Poll: MOTW#12 : Racing Voting (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your favorite mission, choose wisely!

1. SK Afridi : "Race is in my Soul" (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. FRArom : "Angel Pine Quad Race" (6 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. DHIREN : "Race" (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Silkan : "Hill Stream" (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM : "Desert Race" (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

6. Nitesh002 : "The Rush" (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote
ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by ProDX34, 11 August 2014 - 04:50 PM.

MOTW #12: Racing
VYYZzB8.png

What is MOTW?
MOTW is a weekly competition in which you design and submit a mission based on the theme.
After the deadline of the mission, voting starts. You vote for your favorite mission, and post your vote in the thread comments. (optional)
The winner of the MOTW gets to decide the next mission theme.

Theme Description
Use your creativity to create a mission related with a race, any kind of race missions such as car race, bike, copter, boat, etc, were acceptable. The mission must have at least 1 vehicle and a checkpoint to spawn.

Rules and Guidelines
-No stealing other missions.

-You only may participate if you are active on the forums.
-Only one mission per person.
-No Multi-Designer missions,
-No Previously made missions allowed. (Or missions part of MP)
- Your mission must fit the theme.
-If a mission is prone to many crashes, it will be disqualified.
-You may not submit a trailer or video tutorial with your mission.
-You may not go off-topic.
-You must play ALL missions before voting
-You may not vote for yourself.
-Breaking a rule results in one warning, if you continue then you will become banned.
-You MAY NOT use a mission that YOU have previously made. even if it fits the theme.
-If you win a contest, you shall receive a PM from me (Target13) with further information on hosting your own MOTW.
-If you win a contest, you have 3 days to create a thread.

Participants

Maaz 45

Full Speed of Tyres

SK Afridi

Race is in my Soul

FRArom

Angel Pine Quad Race

DHIREN

Race

Silkan

Hill Stream

Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM

Desert Race

Nitesh002

The Rush

Banned Members

Maaz 45

Credits
Target13 for leading MOTW V2 & hosting MOTW #1.
The Odyssey & Chips237 for making & writing the rules.
AnDReJ98 for leading MOTW V1 and for creating the original MOTW logo.
ProDX34 for hosting MOTW#12 and previous MOTW #4 and #6.

Deadline
Voting Time!
 Voting will be end in :

12 August 06:00 PM (GMT+1)

Good Luck!

• Gammoudicj and @QaiserH@ like this

gheorgheM
  • gheorgheM

Resident dadaist

• Members
  • Moldova

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

bah! everyone's favorite theme >.>

Varro Sasuke
  • Varro Sasuke

Nothing special.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Nice theme! Going to make a mission now.

SSgt.Jack
  • SSgt.Jack

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

MY THEME IMAGE FOR THE MISSION

2v0myx5.jpg

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

Racing? That's pretty easy. I don't think this needs much creativity though, anyway i'll try this time, at least.

@QaiserH@
  • @QaiserH@

GTA SAN ANDREAS MOVIE CREATOR

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

This Is One Of The Greatest Theme Till Now In MOTW Great Theme Chosen ProDX

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Racing? That's pretty easy. I don't think this needs much creativity though, anyway i'll try this time, at least.

Easy? well... let's see if you could participating with a good mission, and I wanna see it.

Thanks QaiserH, Make sure you also take a part in this one, will you?

SSgt.Jack
  • SSgt.Jack

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

@ProDx34 Can I add a mission of a bike race or will I have to make it car race???

Gammoudicj
  • Gammoudicj

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

@ProDx34 Can I add a mission of a bike race or will I have to make it car race???

Sure, read the theme description

Use your creativity to create a mission related with a race, any kind of race missions such as car race, bike, copter, boat, etc, were acceptable. The mission must have at least 1 vehicle and a checkpoint to spawn.

• ProdigyX34 likes this

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

It's up to you, as i ever told in description above, any kind of race were acceptable, that means you can design any kind of race you want for your mission. No restriction. 

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Looks interesting...............not sure to join or not? :dontgetit:

@QaiserH@
  • @QaiserH@

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:47 AM Edited by @QaiserH@, 04 August 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Easy? well... let's see if you could participating with a good mission, and I wanna see it.

Thanks QaiserH, Make sure you also take a part in this one, will you?

Sorry i cant't because i am busy in my movie making.

You can make it because it is a racie mission theme and bike race is great the others.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

I have already said this before.

This is considered an unnecessary post.

What you're allowed to do is

-Comment once on the theme

-Post submission

-Comment on other's missions

-Vote.

No this "Should i join or naah?" crap.

@QaiserH@
  • @QaiserH@

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

You can make it because it is a racing mission and bike race is great the others.

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

I have already said this before.

This is considered an unnecessary post.

What you're allowed to do is

-Comment once on the theme

-Post submission

-Comment on other's missions

-Vote.

No this "Should i join or naah?" crap.

Alright i will never do this damn thing!!!!!!!! :angry:

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

U Can't See me!!!

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

Try to participate in this contest hope I can :)

GD_Productions
  • GD_Productions

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

this subject very easy i wil make the best mission

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hey @ProDx34 can i make beat the clock/time attack because my route point skill is very bad.........

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hey @ProDx34 can i make beat the clock/time attack because my route point skill is very bad.........

Time trial is also one of kind of race, even though racing against a time without an opponent. So why not? sure you could.

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by Maaz 45, 05 August 2014 - 04:29 PM.

Thanks now i can make brilliant mission and win this contest in my first time!!! :sly:

EDIT:I found bug and make full corrupt mission sorry but that was hard work and took me 2 hour objects place but everything screw up..... :cry:

I lost again. :cry:

It is a bug: At here. :cry: :cry:

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Sorry for double posting

I have recover the Bug and some mistakes mission is done link is at here:Full Speed with Tires

Be careful some things can be surprise hidden like explosive barrels or spikes!

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by Revolver1, 06 August 2014 - 05:01 PM.

To be really honest mate, I think this is a boring theme. I mean... Running around through checkpoints, maybe some people racing with you, or something else, bla bla bla. maybe fun, but let's be honest, racing is VERY hard to make in DYOM, with those retarded A.I driving, bugged routepoints, etc. When you said you'll make a unique theme, I didn't expect Racing. I thought I would participate this, but Racing is boring, at least to me, and maybe to some too, or too hard to make, that's why there ain't so much participants, unlike the last MOTW.

Anyone wants to "deny" my opinions, go ahead, but I'm sure there are many people out there who are reading this agree to me, they just can't be bothered to post.
  • Juice the Joos likes this

Varro Sasuke
  • Varro Sasuke

Nothing special.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Sorry for double posting

I have recover the Bug and some mistakes mission is done link is at here:Full Speed with Tires

I played your mission and I found a lot of mistakes in it, but it's good for the beginners like you. I'm just like the last part of the mission although you put the checkpoints so close with other. Keep it up!

• Maaz 45 likes this

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Sorry for double posting

I played your mission and I found a lot of mistakes in it, but it's good for the beginners like you. I'm just like the last part of the mission although you put the checkpoints so close with other. Keep it up!

Send me PM so i will fix it. :sly:

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

To be really honest mate, I think this is a boring theme. I mean... Running around through checkpoints, maybe some people racing with you, or something else, bla bla bla. maybe fun, but let's be honest, racing is VERY hard to make in DYOM, with those retarded A.I driving, bugged routepoints, etc. When you said you'll make a unique theme, I didn't expect Racing. I thought I would participate this, but Racing is boring, at least to me, and maybe to some too, or too hard to make, that's why there ain't so much participants, unlike the last MOTW.

Anyone wants to "deny" my opinions, go ahead, but I'm sure there are many people out there who are reading this agree to me, they just can't be bothered to post.

The reasons why i choose this theme is because some supports of friends, not just because me choosing the theme easily since winning the MOTW. Some people might have same opinions as you since people were mostly playing and designing kind of action missions than racing mission, but honestly making race mission isn't too hard as same making a mission with complex action story, but well... each people were think differently. But this theme, i think i'm the only one who can accept the responsibility hosting a contest with a theme like this and i don't want the "accidents" were happened again as in previous MOTW.

I appreciate with your opinion, but please... I don't want see it again at next hosted contest since it might could drop people's intention for participating the contest after reading that kind of post.

@Maaz45, for moment, I added your mission in participants list, if you want to update your mission, inform me first.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:15 PM Edited by Revolver1, 06 August 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Well if people wanted to join, I doubt that my opinions can and will affect their intentions. But then again, it has only been three days anyway, I might just be judging too much. Nevertheless, you're right about only you can host Racing theme, cause ya tha' best race designer out there ya? Keep this smooth and running mate.
P.S: What sup with your grammar? I mean, it's pretty perfectly understandable on forums, but in your missions, it's like you were drunk when writing it or something.

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:28 PM Edited by ProDX34, 06 August 2014 - 06:29 PM.

That's why i give a week, longer than usual deadline since as in my experience, designing race missions could take longer than making action mission. But in case, if there's still less participants, i might extending the deadline again or let an admin (T13) to host the next contest if possible. Anyway, thanks for support.

P.S: What sup with your grammar? I mean, it's pretty perfectly understandable on forums, but in your missions, it's like you were drunk when writing it or something.

One of my weaknesses, and also "Google Translate" fault (I thought).

Gammoudicj
  • Gammoudicj

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Well, I think you're wrong. Me and Dyom 123 are working on our missions. Also Blues said he'll participate. Maybe this won't have a good participants number like the previous MOTWs.

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:28 PM Edited by Maaz 45, 06 August 2014 - 07:29 PM.

The reasons why i choose this theme is because some supports of friends, not just because me choosing the theme easily since winning the MOTW. Some people might have same opinions as you since people were mostly playing and designing kind of action missions than racing mission, but honestly making race mission isn't too hard as same making a mission with complex action story, but well... each people were think differently. But this theme, i think i'm the only one who can accept the responsibility hosting a contest with a theme like this and i don't want the "accidents" were happened again as in previous MOTW.

I appreciate with your opinion, but please... I don't want see it again at next hosted contest since it might could drop people's intention for participating the contest after reading that kind of post.

@Maaz45, for moment, I added your mission in participants list, if you want to update your mission, inform me first.

Yeah lot of mistake is left i need to fix some bugs.But with my energy i make the mission very hardly it took me 1 day and 2 hours placing object and decorations so i will make sure i won't lose this time! :sly:

FRArom
  • FRArom

ProdFRArom

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

I want to participate at this contest, but tell me how you do to create a race.  

Me when I create actors with routepoints they go crazy. they come crazy, they do not even follow routepoints.  :/

I use Ctrl + P to add actor with the same routepoints 

Please tell me how you do for your missions.  :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users