Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V weapons vs GTA IV weapons.

30 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V weapons vs GTA IV weapons (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Wich one is your favourite?

1. GTA IV weapons!!! (14 votes [42.42%])

Percentage of vote: 42.42%

2. GTA V weapons!!!!! (19 votes [57.58%])

Percentage of vote: 57.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:45 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 03 August 2014 - 12:47 PM.

Wich weapons in wich games did you think was better? I personally loved the weapons in GTA IV, they were awesome and it was cool to unlock alot of them later on the storyline wich was a fun aspect, and alot of weapons were different from handguns to machine guns. V did better when it comes to weapons though IMO, bringing back the classic ammu nation, and alot of cool weapons to buy, although I don't like the system in V where you could have every single weapon, but have the abillity to change wich one to use. It would have been better if you had like a ammo and weapon box at home, in wich you could choose wich one to use and such, in IV and previous games, you could only have 1 in the slot, wich wasn't that bad. Here is a MP5 comparison from each game: 

MP5:

Here is the GTA IV version 

MP5-GTA4.png

Here is the GTA V version :

SMG-GTAV.png

As you can see, alot of changes has been made. I think the one from IV is the mini Mp5, or another version. the V version is the MP5A5 if I am correct. 

Wich game did you think has the better weapons?

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Weapon customisation is honestly the only thing I like better in GTA V. Other than that I choose GTA IV's (OMG what a shock :p ).

IMO the general acoustics in GTA IV sound so much better and more realistic. GTA V's sound like toys.

It may have more variety, but I prefer GTA IV's basic, no thrills selection. Being able to hold every weapon from every class in GTA V makes things way too easy as well.

I also like the idea of the underground gunshops and being able to purchase from LJ in GTA IV, Terry in TLAD and Armando in TBOGT.
  • Lock N' Stock, Loosestring, Legomanarthur and 4 others like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 03 August 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Weapon customisation is honestly the only thing I like better in GTA V. Other than that I choose GTA IV's (OMG what a shock :p ).

IMO the general acoustics in GTA IV sound so much better and more realistic. GTA V's sound like toys.

It may have more variety, but I prefer GTA IV's basic, no thrills selection. Being able to hold every weapon from every class in GTA V makes things way too easy as well.

I certaintly agree with you, holding all the weapons in V was pretty boring and easy IMO, and judging by the money reward you get, buying the weapons wasn't that hard either in V, while in IV, you actually thought ''No, if I buy it, I will end up with 5 dollars. I need to do more missions and get my cash.''

this is another thing that is the problem with V and not IV. You don't earn money when doing missions, only heists. 

• theGTAking101 and matajuegos01 like this

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

It's pretty even for me, really. I generally prefer the looks from IV, as they're closer to the real world counterparts and not as 'tacticool railz' everywhere.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

I like how you can put different paints on the weapons and they are dynamic models with working locks, firing chambers, etc. Other than that I prefer IV weapons, which were much more balanced (not like AP pistol being better than all SMGs) , sounded better (not like toys), we more fun to use (puncturing the guy with Glock bullets) and were simply more realistic (not some Halo looking guns like Assault SMG). 

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

I just like being able to put a flashlight or change the paint on weapons in gta v but gta 4 has better guns and they all feel different from each other.
  • theGTAking101 and Midnight Hitman like this

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

I love that weapon in IV cuz gangs could have it and sh*t, and it weren´t overpowered it was kinda hard to play with... I didn´t like the Carbine Rifle in V but in IV damn it was cool it was overpowered and heavy loved the sound from it... And i dunno but i think shotguns were more fun in IV too.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Not feelin' up to it right now, sorry.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

The GTA V sounds have one flaw - they are too repetitive. But I guess that's to make it more realistic...

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

The GTA V sounds have one flaw - they are too repetitive. But I guess that's to make it more realistic...

Yeah I don't like the sound effects of V's shooting. They could have also fleshed out the shooting, making it more realistic like Max Payne 3's... I don't wanna turn this into a GTA V vs MP3 shooting war, but lets be honest: Rockstargames did better on the shooting aspect with MP3. For one, in V, they could have made it like MP3, where you press R2 (or whatever its called on Xbox) once, and it shoots, and if you hold R2, it won't shoot more. But in V, if you hold R2, the protagonist keeps shooting, wich feels too weird. I honestly would like to tap R2 to shoot more like in MP3 instead of holding it. Sound effects in V was dull

• matajuegos01 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

I prefer the V shooting, not only because of how the guns look but also because of the mechanics. The gunplay is a lot more "tight" and well constructed than IV's, not to mention you actually see magazines inserted into rifles, shells eject from the chamber, and so forth.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

I only voted GTA V because these are more detailed, but as for the feeling and yadda yadda i'd pick IV

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

I prefer the V shooting, not only because of how the guns look but also because of the mechanics. The gunplay is a lot more "tight" and well constructed than IV's, not to mention you actually see magazines inserted into rifles, shells eject from the chamber, and so forth.

Shells eject from the guns in GTA IV aswell and you can hear them hit the ground.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

I totally agree a weapon box at the safehouses would've been amazing, its so impractical having to carry all those f*cking handguns, especially with the DLC's. Its so cumbersome to switch weapons while driving, its almost not worth it.  What was wrong with RDR's system? Online, I blame online, for all of those that say the two don't affect each other...pfffft to that.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

^i always wanted to have weapons in the duffelbag thats used in missions
  • matajuegos01 likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

MG Master Race. :^:

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

I think gta v shouldve had all weapons from gta 4/eflc and the weapons we have now

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

^i always wanted to have weapons in the duffelbag thats used in missions

like the duffle bag in max payne 3 

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

^you mean the c4 max had in the duffelbag right. Also Would you like an option for the max payne 3 weapon wheel in gta v

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

I think guns in both the games leave a lot to be desired.

Both sound and function pretty unrealistically, but at least in IV the sounds are still pretty thunderous while they're just piddly little pop guns in V. Compare the Desert Eagle in IV to the Baretta in V...

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

@drunken cowboy how about the ap pistol vs the automatic 9mm in tlad

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

gta iv features a real ak-47. not the cheap export that gta v has, it doesn't look like the iconic brown Avtomat Kalasjnikova obraztsa 1947 goda.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

That's cause its not an ak47 its a norinco a crap chinese knock off

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

I just like having reload animations in GTA V but IV has better sounds and explosions. Just wish there was a revolver in GTA V

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

The AK from V is more modernized. Although I do miss the classic kashnikov look from previous GTA's.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Of course V. I like the weapon customizing in all aspects.

Also, the way of changing, buying and shooting weapons is now better.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

The shooting may be smoother in v but iv has better gun sounds

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 07 August 2014 - 01:10 PM.

I honestly don't know. GTA IV's weapons sound better, but GTA V gives you more weapons (including a Minigun) along with the ability to customise them.

I also don't like the ability to carry all weapons at once. VERY unrealistic.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

I honestly don't know. GTA IV's weapons sound better, but GTA V gives you more weapons (including a Minigun) along with the ability to customise them.

Would've been better if we can choose how we want to carry our weapons.

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:32 PM Edited by RandomStunt, 07 August 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Airport security: Please remove your weapons mister.

*15 minutes later*

Airport security: Jesus Christ, Holy sh*t....

• The_Anti-tragedy and Lock N' Stock like this

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

^Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users