Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has your opinion of Rockstar changed since GTA Online?

77 replies to this topic
Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:29 AM

Hasn't changed at all, despite those that abuse it publicly, it's come a far way since the horrific launch. I enjoy it more now, with friends than I did months ago.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

Changed for the worse here. Rockstar has gotten worse than EA. EA for the most part keeps the gameplay but have uses content control, and progression to encourage people to buy every year.

So are you suggesting R* should release a GTA yearly? An updated roster to sports games and small extra "features" clearly justifies shelling out $60 each year for a "new" game. GTA always had a span of a few years between them and it shows progression (whether you like that progression or not).

Not suggesting that at all. Just stating that while EA is bad, Rockstar did something worse with GTA Online.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

yes.  i used to think they were one of the best, but with gta online i learned that they seem to procrastinate.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:25 AM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 04 August 2014 - 02:29 AM.

I used to see them as gods, now they are just mere mortals in my eyes.  I'm pretty sure, they don't know what the f*ck they're doing anymore.  Shame, I had a better game in my head than those dumb f*cks chose to give us.  They really did go for quantity instead of quality and I hope their dev team reads this because f*ck THEM.  

They've pissed me off with their dumb decision making from the weapon wheel, to the stealth, shooting mechanics, to the lack of things to do, to the lack of simulating crimes.  They can eat a big fat dick for all I care.  

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Nope

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:56 AM

Changed for the worse here. Rockstar has gotten worse than EA. EA for the most part keeps the gameplay but have uses content control, and progression to encourage people to buy every year.

So are you suggesting R* should release a GTA yearly? An updated roster to sports games and small extra "features" clearly justifies shelling out $60 each year for a "new" game. GTA always had a span of a few years between them and it shows progression (whether you like that progression or not).

Not suggesting that at all. Just stating that while EA is bad, Rockstar did something worse with GTA Online.

Honestly, I'd prefer to have false promises than an updated version of that game coming out a year later. Singleplayer is still impressive and worth the full $60. GTA:O isn't as broken as people make it seem. A good example of updated versions would be Saints Row 3 and Saints Row 4. It was supposed to be Saints Row 3 DLC but it was "too big" to be a DLC so they made it a complete game. It uses the same city, for f*ck sakes. That's a clear rip-off and not to mention all the DLC-paid packs...

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

My opinion of R* dropped to where it is now when Max Payne 3 came out.

The last masterpiece they made was Red Dead Redemption...also the last one that was original and not a sequel. Coincidence?

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

I have never been disappointed by a Rockstar game, and it looks like that won't change any time soon.

As for the business side of things, and how Rockstar does their job, I would not presume to know everything, like some people here.

So that being said, Rockstar is still my second favorite game developer.

The real coast guard
  • The real coast guard

Gangrene Gangster

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

My opinion of R* dropped to where it is now when Max Payne 3 came out.

The last masterpiece they made was Red Dead Redemption...also the last one that was original and not a sequel. Coincidence?

Have you ever heard of Red Dead Revolver?

OT. My opinion of R* has dropped drastically since the launch of V and I think it has to do with what their vision for gaming in general has moved towards. SA is still my favourite game of all time and nostalgia probably plays a huge role in that, for me the game didn't begin until the story mode was complete and then the virtual world was all mine to do with it as I pleased. IV was a masterpiece in a lot of ways but lacked in activities and rpg elements, once the story mode was over it was just empty with nothing to do compared to SA.

Before V released I thought they were taking it back to to good ol days of filling a virtual world with tonnes of toys and places to explore, challenges and things to find and accumulate but I was completely disappointed, it's as if they were trying to make a movie/ video game and didn't even take into account what the people who love playing their games wanted from them. I admit that its story is excellent and extremely entertaining while it lasts but that's it, there is no replay value aside from watching the story again, the world just seems thrown together and unfinished and makes me think that the company is going in a completely different direction then they were in the ps3 era which is appealing to the mainstream masses. 

It seems so easy to add a few things that would encourage free roam exploration but there is just nothing, I still don't understand why there are no collectables in Online, but I don't think that is the sort of game R* want to make any more, they are trying to be the first company to create a new gaming experience and the actual games are suffering for it.

As far as Online goes it's blatantly obvious that this is a alpha/beta for a next gen version and they have bitten off more than they can chew but it doesn't excuse the complete lack of any constructive communication with it's player base, I'm waiting for the re-release to see what happens there and if it plays out the same way the first launch did I don't think the Online future is very bright.

There are so many things that 'could be' with this game its just disappointing to think about but I am still optimistic about the next-gen release, hopefully they make it up to us.

The 17th Ninja
  • The 17th Ninja

DJ Squirrel Nut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

Yes. I used to be a huge R* fan. Now I feel they make EA look like good people. I dont care if they are a company, or a unicorn. They lied to me, hyped me up and let me down. Nerfed the hell out of any mission worth doing, and halved the payout the missions had on launch.

Some people defend R*. Good for them. Me? I dont like getting screwed, especially since they didn't buy me a drink first.

"But they give free DLC"

So did EA in mass effect 3, and guess what? Each DLC was GOOD.

I would rather pay for legit content then get filler crap for free. Im not falling for the little crumbs to distract me from the fact that the advertised feature that lead me to decide to buy GTA not only wasn't there, but still isn't. So F* R*

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by jackjoejim, 04 August 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Yes. I used to be a huge R* fan. Now I feel they make EA look like good people. I dont care if they are a company, or a unicorn. They lied to me, hyped me up and let me down. Nerfed the hell out of any mission worth doing, and halved the payout the missions had on launch.

Some people defend R*. Good for them. Me? I dont like getting screwed, especially since they didn't buy me a drink first.

"But they give free DLC"

So did EA in mass effect 3, and guess what? Each DLC was GOOD.

I would rather pay for legit content then get filler crap for free. Im not falling for the little crumbs to distract me from the fact that the advertised feature that lead me to decide to buy GTA not only wasn't there, but still isn't. So F* R*

At least Rockstar aint spying on you while you play the Sims. Oh wait..................hmmmm

• The 17th Ninja likes this

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

No.

Every other rockstar online game sucked to.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

I never had an opinion of R* until GTA:O.

Before online it was just GTA to me, I never gave R* much thought, in the eyes of gamers, at least (not the media) I think R*  has come to life for us and we feel more in contact with them because of all the updates and controversy. 

Before online R* were just the guys that made GTA and any opinion of them was tied to a game that once they released, that was it. Now I think its easy to separate R* from the game itself and see them for who they really are, they have created an identity of themselves whereas before we could see them and their franchise as one of the same. 

Pyramid_Head
  • Pyramid_Head

TheKAC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Sadly my opinion and outlook of Rockstar has changed for the worse. I still love R* and I will always call them the greatest out there but with the extremely lazy attitude they have displayed with GTA Online has seriously disappointing me. Every game they've made that I've played has always left me in awe of how amazing the game was and I never wanted it to end. Now I wasn't a fan of L.A Noire (I know what's wrong me?) but that didn't keep me from seeing what a masterpiece it was.

My point is that R* is still my favorite, but they let me down with GTA Online. I just hope for their sake they stop lying to their fan base. We were lied to about GTA IV with it's original release date when it was delayed and some sh*t happened again with GTA V.  Don't announce a release date if you know it's more than likely going to get delayed. There is NO exuse for that, so stop making excuses for a multibillion dollar company. I love R* too but there is NO excuse for the repeated delay of Heists.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Here in the op is things also said about another online game I played with the same buisness model.

Rockstar games has turned into EA with gtao. I can draw many connections between gtao and Need for Speed world. Both have a microtransaction model and in both money payois suck and everything is over priced. Only nfsw has become pay2win as in the best cars and upgrades can only be bought via microtransactions.

You either grind the game like a job for money which isnt fun or pay for money. Quite frankly I dont find rr or coveted or potshot fun but if I want appropriate money for my effort I have to do those. Chasers by simeon takes more effort and is more fun but pays sh*t for a longer mission.

And sure for all the fanboys and people with time to waste grinding is ok but those of us who can't make that long of a commitment are punished.

True story. Yesterday I woke up at 8 am and got on gta. A crew mate was doing rr over and over. Well throughout the day i was off and on and every 10 mins I got a rr invite from him. This went on all damn day. How can you sit and mindlessly waste time doing a sh*tty mission all day?

Money glitching hurts nobody but rockstar and its funny rockstar is quick to patch money glitches but other game breaking ones they wait on.

Also this kesh kurd conspiracy isnt a conspiracy.
Has anybody else noticed that the same time cash cards were released mission payouts were nerfed to half for replays. And payments for all other modes were nerfed. Its not a coincidence. Its a buisness model and a sh*tty one that sh*ts in the customers face.

And lets not talk about support they are just as bad as EA

Here is my list of bad companies worst at top
1. EA
2. Rockstar
  • Gay Tony likes this

iCynical1018
  • iCynical1018

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

Not just Online disappointed me...but so did V. I mean come on? All the characters were pretentious, depressing, over exaggerated bitching morons.
  • Cameron Star likes this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Up until GTA IV I always thought they knew how to make a great game. Now I think they're incompetent a-holes (the people in higher management at least)

Not just Online disappointed me...but so did V. I mean come on? All the characters were pretentious, depressing, over exaggerated bitching morons.

Aha! I have to totally agree about the characters with you! I really hate all the characters in single player. Michael and his whole family are the worst, load of selfish pr***s. And I don't get all the love for Trevor, what a weirdo

• Gay Tony likes this

Gerald Spoder
  • Gerald Spoder

Friendly Neighborhood Drug Dealer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

At this point, the only thing manages to revive interest in R* latest product (cashcow) for me is a new update, which I hope for heists and being able to retire in game that ends up being pushed back. So @OP, yes, my opinion of R* has changed a lot since we got Online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users