GTA ruining songs?

10 replies to this topic
EpicWafflez515
  • EpicWafflez515

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

Many songs featured in GTA games always get ruined by GTA fans by always commenting something like "this song is from GTA". Sure the song gets recognition but not the way they wanted in my view. Most of those songs will be forever known as "that song from GTA". Take East Los FM for example, those songs on YouTube will have 80% comments stating its from GTA ,heck I bet more than half who commented don't understand Spanish. Also the fact that they say "from" annoys, sure its in GTA but its not from. It could be me but what do you think?

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:46 AM Edited by GoldenBlade, 03 August 2014 - 06:53 AM.

I understand what you're saying. Comments on Youtube regarding songs featured in GTA are filled up with people saying how the song is "from" GTA. They weren't recorded just to be noticed by being heard from a game.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Reading the main post, the problem isn't GTA ruining songs, but rather fans identifying a song as being from GTA. I'll admit, Vice City got me into 80s pop & new wave and whenever I hear it on the radio, I pinpoint the connection to the game it was in. That being said, is it necessarily bad that people find new music from GTA as opposed to finding it through any other video game, or film, or television, or on the radio?
  • Revenge of the Donut and Spadge007 like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

I get your point but like universetwisters said, it doesn't need to be like that. Take for example: Toto - Africa, everyone says Family guy brought me here.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

I get your point but like universetwisters said, it doesn't need to be like that. Take for example: Toto - Africa, everyone says Family guy brought me here.

Hell, sometimes I like to believe that even before video games and stuff people were still doing it.

"94.7 WARW brought me here in 1994!"

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

First of all, comments below a song DO NOT AFFECT THE SOUND OF THE SONG. You don't have to read the comments, just set up a playlist and enjoy.

Second, it reintroduces classic songs to new audience that would probably never hear them otherwise, therefore extending their legacy, how is that ruining the song?

You simply have a problems with comments, well.. what do you expect to see in the comments? On every song that was in any popular movie or game you have ''X brought me here'' comments. And that's normal. Beyond that you'd usually have pathetic comments how his/her love left them and the song reminds them of that person since most of them are love songs. Point is, you won't find anything smart in the comments anyway, and GTA, or any other fans commenting how they heard it in GTA doesn't change that, nor does it change the most important thing - the song itself.

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by toxluv, 31 August 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Rockstar Games has always introduced me to talented artists and their respective songs through these years. I'm very grateful for this and I don't see how a GTA game could ruin a song.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

GTA definitely does not ruin songs at all. It's just how some people look at them. The series has introduced me to a lot of great music. As I previously said, I understand the OP's point, but I believe he is looking into things too far.
  • BLOOD-MOND likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 03 August 2014 - 05:56 PM.

GTA definitely does not ruin songs at all. It's just how some people look at them. The series has introduced me to a lot of great music. As I previously said, I understand the OP's point, but I believe he is looking into things too far.

True talk bro...

OP:you might aswell say that to every Openworld Games (IPs) set in a Modern Locations/City (like GTA) that have radio stations...Instead it made them Popular ;)

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:21 PM Edited by Spadge007, 03 August 2014 - 06:22 PM.

It's a question of point of view and has to do with generations. If we take Vice City for example : most of today's kids will associate these songs with GTA, but many others, like me, will recall their 18th birthday and their wild parties   ;)

Not only teenagers are playing theses games.

And what's better than a game teaching younger people how to appreciate 80's music and lifestyle ? 

Exactly, GTA teached to a whole generation kids with sh*tty music tastes what real sound is.

PS : Conscerning these comments on Youtube, why do you get bothered by this ? Simply ignore 'em, for me, I'll simply dig out my records and play them, no people commenting and you can always listen, even if your internet connection is down ;)

EpicWafflez515
  • EpicWafflez515

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

I guess you guys are right. Besides GTA did introduce me to a lot new songs, especially rap and country songs since those are my favorite genres, but I know shouldn't put to much thought into this argument, because there is nothing I will be able to do about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users