Photo

[SA|WIP/REL] SAPD:FR

176 replies to this topic
HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:32 AM Edited by HeresOtis, 24 May 2016 - 04:33 AM.

Update: https://www.mediafir...3p7q8t8883kf8dn

Police Computer preview: http://picpaste.com/...ed-aP1iT16K.png

Secondary/Quick Menu preview: http://picpaste.com/...d1-rGS0OqHs.png

• Fireman likes this

Triton460
  • Triton460

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

• Calling the paramedics crashes the game.
  • Upon launching the new quick menu the game frezees and I can only move the cursor which appears on the screen. However, there isn,t anything on the screen, and the cursor stops when it reaches the area where the quick menu (shown in your screenshot) should appear.
  • Upon calling for backup (swat or normal) their blips aren't displayed on the map and the minimap. However, it works for the helicopter and prisoner transport.
  • Prisoner transport arrives and doesn't exit their car, they don't take the suspect and they don't drive away, they just stay there. Their blip stays on the map for the rest of that game session.
  • Traffic stop menu isn't displayed, a short horizontal line (length of the working traffic stop menu) is displayed only.
  • elliotc likes this

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:54 AM

• Calling the paramedics crashes the game.
  • Upon launching the new quick menu the game frezees and I can only move the cursor which appears on the screen. However, there isn,t anything on the screen, and the cursor stops when it reaches the area where the quick menu (shown in your screenshot) should appear.
  • Upon calling for backup (swat or normal) their blips aren't displayed on the map and the minimap. However, it works for the helicopter and prisoner transport.
  • Prisoner transport arrives and doesn't exit their car, they don't take the suspect and they don't drive away, they just stay there. Their blip stays on the map for the rest of that game session.
  • Traffic stop menu isn't displayed, a short horizontal line (length of the working traffic stop menu) is displayed only.

I can't verify any of these unless multiple users have same issue. Make sure you have SA Hoodlum US 1.0

Armystuntman
  • Armystuntman

Player Hater

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:37 PM Edited by Armystuntman, 28 May 2016 - 02:25 PM.

Just tested the new version, stuff seems to be working well so far. (such as the menu, though it's a bit awkward to use for me since it gets in the way of the vanilla HUD) (Had a random crash while exiting the station one time but I suspect an irrelevant mod for that so no worries.)

I have a suggestion for how to handle arrests.

Since with the gang system you can bring suspects manually to any jail cells (I use hidden interiors mod so I can use any police station to leave arrested peds in) I suggest making an option to make a specific ped disband specifically from your group and stay in place. (Like the prisoner transport option but without the prisoner transport, basically.) And then make the script let go of the ped so it can despawn naturally without complications. You could call it "Jail" or "Let go" or something and leave it to the player on where to do it, and it'l count towards the arrest toll or something. Alternatively you could just make the command remove the arrested ped from the gameworld entirely to make it simple.

Like this you don't need to disband the entire gang (which means you don't lose your police partner every time.)

I've been using Prisoner Transport in the interior to leave suspects in jail so far but I'm just worried that it might cause a crash eventually.

Oh, and prisoner transport doesn't actually do anything as the previous post said. (I'm using the correct hoodlum.) They arrive to the prisoner and just do nothing but be an annoying blip.

The player model partner thing doesn't seem to work though sadly, it simply spawns a standard officer relevant to the current area. (LSPD in Los Santos, County Sheriff in the county, ect) Shouldn't matter much I guess.

Something that annoys me, though it seems to be a hardcoded thing so I don't blame you for it, but criminals I've detained (aka in the player gang) will still attempt to attack other cops, this is particularly annoying inside stations because I have to keep calling them with the gang call button G to distract them. Maybe it's possible to make them not attack cops because the spawned partners don't attack other cops.

Edit: Previous guy is right, the pulled over text isn't showing and just shows a white line where the text should be, the buttons still work though but it's quite confusing without the text prompts.

• LazarD and elliotc like this

LazarD
  • LazarD

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

Can anybody tell all control keys for this mod?

nichankinson
  • nichankinson

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:00 AM Edited by nichankinson, 01 July 2016 - 04:23 AM.

I am using the version released on 5-13-16 because the most recently updated version released later in may, does not work for me. It says that it cannot detect my game version, contact the mod creator. I am using silent's asi loader, i am using the Us HOODLUM thing and i have NO other mods installed. Just those two, and the SAPDFR beta released on 5-13-16. My game loads fine, but i cannot figure out how to go on duty or anything. 

EDIT: I was able to install the newest version of the mod, but i still cannot access any of its features or even go on duty. how do i fix this?

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

Show me screenshot of your folder.

nichankinson
  • nichankinson

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:16 AM Edited by nichankinson, 02 July 2016 - 02:23 AM.

here is the screenshot of my folder

http://imgur.com/YdMB5KB

EDIT: please do not bash me if i have done something wrong. i am new to modding SA. im used to GTA IV and GTA V but was interested in SAPDFR.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:52 AM

EDIT: please do not bash me if i have done something wrong. i am new to modding SA. im used to GTA IV and GTA V but was interested in SAPDFR.

You have 2 EXEs in the folder. Remove gta-sa.exe and try playing. (Make sure you keep and use gta_sa.EXE)

lsnoop
  • lsnoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

Is it possibe to add radio for use when on foot (like they did in V version) in addition to police computer? Because it's really time consuming to run back and forth to the car just to check plates. Menu can remain the same I think, only add some kind of animation to the player using the radio  :santa:

• Sweet Bellic and elliotc like this

nichankinson
  • nichankinson

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

You have 2 EXEs in the folder. Remove gta-sa.exe and try playing. (Make sure you keep and use gta_sa.EXE)

this is what happens when i remove that .exe

http://imgur.com/dSmBZ8J

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:13 AM

this is what happens when i remove that .exe

http://imgur.com/dSmBZ8J

If you're using the Steam version then this mod will not work.

NightBeta
  • NightBeta

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:06 PM

I am using the version released on 5-13-16 cannot access any of its features or even go on duty. how do i fix this?

Animefan162a
  • Animefan162a

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

I am using the version released on 5-13-16 cannot access any of its features or even go on duty. how do i fix this?

I had the same issue, you need the GTASA 1.0 US Hoodlum No-CD/Fixed EXE.

Animefan162a
  • Animefan162a

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:50 PM Edited by Animefan162a, 16 July 2016 - 11:50 PM.

Now first off, I really appreciate you continuing to develop this mod, thank you Otis. I just have one thing to ask and one thing to report: It appears that I cannot edit any files inside my GTASA directory. I edit the folder permissions and save them; however the moment I go back to check the permissions, it has reverted back to "Read Only". Do you have any idea if SAPDFR or maybe the No-CD/Fixed EXE might be causing this? The thing I have to report is actually quite funny, although it creeped the hell out me out when I first found it: When I had my playermodel set as the LSPD patrolman, I entered a Burger Shot to heal up with some food. Well upon leaving the store, my playermodel was back to CJ, turned sideways, and distorted in a bizarre, Slenderman-like way. http://puu.sh/q46Xx/0d698e956a.jpg I quickly found out that it wasn't just me either, ALL the LSPD patrolmen looked like SlenderCJ http://puu.sh/q47fU/065a3f8b21.jpg.

• elliotc likes this

lsnoop
  • lsnoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

The topic is like two years old and I barely see any progress. Each new release still adds bugs (as I see a majority of users complaining) like it was back in the old SAPD days.

Anyway can anyone tell me what the latest stable version is and what features and bugs are as of currently?

I see update links posted and messages that something was fixed but I don't get what to download, what's in there and what was fixed and what bugs still remain.

Providing notes and readmes is crucial for modding.

• elliotc likes this

tedomedo
  • tedomedo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:08 PM Edited by tedomedo, 03 August 2016 - 04:10 PM.

For me, the best version is Reloaded 0.74a. The only problem is that game crashes always when i go again to police station in LA.

Versions Beta 1-30-16, Beta 5-24-2016 etc are sh*t. List of some bad things:

- small text, text surrounded with to much black, text doesn't last long time = very hard to read

- i don't see entire text on bottom right corner even if i have in-game resolution 1440-900, also "Y" and "N" are not displayed

- when i press numpad , (quickmenu), the menu is too big, not displayed all, also i can't move mouse cursor and i can't exit menu

- map shows where should i go, but there's no indicators above characters and text like in Reloaded and 2.5 version

- when i kill criminal person, i get wanted star - wtf for?

Just tell me how to save the game in reloaded version. I have GTA_SA_v1.0_US_HOODLUM_No-CD_Fixed_EXE, Cleo 4.3 with ASI.

lsnoop
  • lsnoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:02 PM Edited by lsnoop, 04 August 2016 - 06:38 PM.

^ Thanks for your feedback. 

blackshadow610
  • blackshadow610

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:20 AM

I made a thread of my own but since this is still open Ill repost here. I apparently had a few versions installed over one another so it didnt work right. Now that I deleted what was installed with v4.0 (with 0.74a installed) it works but crashes after a minute or two. I havent been able to test anything further. Also when changing skins and getting a car there is no text in the boxes and I noticed f6 turns calls on and off, not force callouts. Any help?

groundtop
  • groundtop

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

Hopefully you can shed some light.  I have a fresh install of Grand Theft Auto: SA.  I also downloaded Silent's ASI loader, Cleo v4 for SA, and I am using the 1.0 Hoodlum exe for gta_sa, as well as SAPDFR Beta 5-24-2016.zip.

Cleo has been installed to the SA game directory, as well as Silent's ASI loader and SAPDFR.  the ini and .asi are in the same root dir.

However, when I open the game the MOD does not load.  I noticed the bottom left corner it tells me:

Cleo v4.3  3 plugins loaded, but I can't initiate the mod...nothing is different just plain old GTA:SA

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Hopefully you can shed some light.  I have a fresh install of Grand Theft Auto: SA.  I also downloaded Silent's ASI loader, Cleo v4 for SA, and I am using the 1.0 Hoodlum exe for gta_sa, as well as SAPDFR Beta 5-24-2016.zip.

Cleo has been installed to the SA game directory, as well as Silent's ASI loader and SAPDFR.  the ini and .asi are in the same root dir.

However, when I open the game the MOD does not load.  I noticed the bottom left corner it tells me:

Cleo v4.3  3 plugins loaded, but I can't initiate the mod...nothing is different just plain old GTA:SA

Send me screenshot

blackshadow610
  • blackshadow610

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:23 AM

Well thats nice that my question was skipped. Anyway I had to delete version 4 I think and it was doing the same thing that the other poster said about it saying x amount of scripts loaded and it wont load the mod. I downloaded v6.25 but it only works for 10 minutes or so then crashes, some actions will make it crash (sometimes when arresting someone) and why is it only available in Los Santos? I would downgrade but only version 2.5 works properly.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:47 PM

The mod checks if you have US 1.0 version of gta. And also if you have bass.dll installed. So make sure you satisfy these requirements.

blackshadow610
  • blackshadow610

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:13 AM

Ive used v1.0 for all versions, yet Ive had various problems with all of them. The best one was when I had both 2.5 and 0.74 installed together and they would both work to some degree but I would have to try to turn one off or they would both run. One would have sound but no text when callouts appeared and the other vice versa. Then when I just ran 0.74 I couldnt get the mod to start and cleo wouldnt even load. I also have bass.dll and always have. Im not sure what the problems have been caused by. I even tried using all of the mods on a clean install with no other mods but no version would work. The only thing I can think of is that it wont work with special forces lights or something.thats pretty much the only mod that has been constant.

Keeden
  • Keeden

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

I've got a lot of crashes when I'm playing. I've got the same problem then @tedometo and @Triton460.
What version of SAPDFR is not buggy? I need help, and I want play this mod.

blackshadow610
  • blackshadow610

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:11 AM

Good luck getting help, I still havent gotten any and Im following the instructions in the readme's to the T. The best version by far, crashwise, was 2.5 for me anyway. It still didnt run correctly but most calls worked and it didnt crash for the most part.

racing121
  • racing121

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago Edited by racing121, 15 hours ago.

Any update????....

Anyways thanks HeresOtis for the great work. I thought I would let you and other know some stuff.

So first for all those who are experiencing crashing especially when the player leaves to the outside, right click gta_sa.exe and select compatibility mode as Windows XP (SP2) and check run as administrator. This makes the mod work better with Windows 10 (and possibly Windows 8 (not sure about other Windows OSes but still try)). Also load a saved game, it works even better :). Also don't forget to use the US Hoolian (or whatever the exe is).

If the mod still doesn't work, I found downloading visual studio 2013 the solution...(very weird)

Going into the mod, all the callouts work.

Calling backup kinda works, sometimes the car just spawns but doesn't come to your location.

Calling paramedics sometimes crashes the game but I just leave the corpse there and end callout if I need to.

With AutoAim2 mod, setting target works with pedestrians. and backup react well with it.

During a traffic stop, the menu doesn't show in 5-24-2016 (just shows straight line) but works fully in 5-13-2016.

'E' doesn't allow me to interact with any pedestrians even with AutoAim2. (soz it works you just have to hold 'E')

And I can arrest anyone so I just have to stick to killing people.

I know this may seem like a lot of problems the mod works and I have great fun with it.I don't believe this project should be scrapped, this is the start of something great...

Keep up the good work :)

BTW for all complaining about getting wanted for shooting people and so on.., simply get a cleo mod that doesn't allow this to happen. Just google it!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users