[SA|WIP/REL] SAPD:FR

194 replies to this topic
Triton460
  • Triton460

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

I downloaded the newest BETA and copied all files to root GTA SA folder (sapdfr.ini is now in root and there is also a sapdfr folder).

The game loads normally (the cutscene) and spawns me next to the bike. Wanted level is NOT disabled. I get callouts but I can't accept them with Y. No keyboard controls work (shift+F2, towing...).

I have cleo 4 and gta v hud mod and ELM (cleo mod for emergency strobes).

Do I need ASI loader or should I run the mod on vanilla GTA.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

I downloaded the newest BETA and copied all files to root GTA SA folder (sapdfr.ini is now in root and there is also a sapdfr folder).

The game loads normally (the cutscene) and spawns me next to the bike. Wanted level is NOT disabled. I get callouts but I can't accept them with Y. No keyboard controls work (shift+F2, towing...).

You need Silent's ASI Loader. As of now, calls are auto-assigned. The INI should be in same folder as SAPDFR.asi. And it's best to load a saved game.

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

When I open the menu (I changed the keys for it, because it was not working), I see no text. I can interact with the menu, and it spawn cops/vehicles, but I don't know what am I doing, as there aren't any text.

HighDefinition
  • HighDefinition

Unofficial Mapper

• New Members
  • France

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

You need Silent's ASI Loader. As of now, calls are auto-assigned. The INI should be in same folder as SAPDFR.asi. And it's best to load a saved game.

Both files are in the same directory, and does not work for me.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:16 AM

When I open the menu (I changed the keys for it, because it was not working), I see no text. I can interact with the menu, and it spawn cops/vehicles, but I don't know what am I doing, as there aren't any text.

Both files are in the same directory, and does not work for me.

What EXE versions are being used?

VicRattlehead27
  • VicRattlehead27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

I'm using the 1.0 Hoodlum EXE and am having the same problem with the menu working but not showing text. Also, is there a way to arrest/restrain suspects or is that still unavailable in the beta versions?

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:45 PM

I'm using Hoodlum, as well.

HighDefinition
  • HighDefinition

Unofficial Mapper

• New Members
  • France

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

I'm using Hoodlum, as well.

Me too

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

Try newest beta as I added a game check before initialization. I am using vanilla SA with only Silent ASI Loader and everything is working perfect. So idk the cause. See if you get same results with using GTA V hud.

I'm using the 1.0 Hoodlum EXE and am having the same problem with the menu working but not showing text. Also, is there a way to arrest/restrain suspects or is that still unavailable in the beta versions?

Arresting won't be implemented until a stable release. The reason being is coding will be time-consuming, so I'll save it for later.

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

I installed the GTA V hud, and downloaded the newest beta, still having problems with the menu :\

http://kepfeltoltes....ltoltes.hu_.jpg

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

I installed the GTA V hud, and downloaded the newest beta, still having problems with the menu :\

http://kepfeltoltes....ltoltes.hu_.jpg

Try: https://copy.com/Sc8kfOMpFZQ4327i

If don't work, then idk what the issue is since I can't recreate on my system.

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

Try: https://copy.com/Sc8kfOMpFZQ4327i

If don't work, then idk what the issue is since I can't recreate on my system.

Thank you for your help, I tried everything, but the menu now simply isn't show :(

I think I'll get back to the SAPD:FR v4. Thank you for your time and patience, I wish you good luck for continuing this mod! :)

Triton460
  • Triton460

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:40 PM Edited by Triton460, 28 January 2016 - 04:44 PM.

I also don't see the text on the menu. Otherwise the mod is pretty good. The tow truck is great and it doesn't cause any traffic jams.

Problems:
-the no text bug
-In the manhunt call, the backup doesn't react until the suspect is dragged out of the car (the car doesn't move and if I enter a police officer's car he will engage the suspects by pulling all of them out of the car)

---
I would like to see Y/N for calls, busy/no calls mode, TRAFFIC STOPS and better stability.

---
EDIT: I can private-test a beta if you need someone.

Also, update the OP with the info that we have to use silents asi and load new game.

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

Okay, so I reinstalled San Andreas, and I installed everything one by one.

Now the text is showing, but as soon as I install cleo, it would not work. So, the problem is, if you have cleo, the text is not show.

Can you fix it, or it's something, that's very hard/impossible?
I believe many of us uses cleo to install other police mods like ELM, Tazer, Speedradar, etc, so it would be nice to make it working. :|

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:18 PM

I also don't see the text on the menu. Otherwise the mod is pretty good. The tow truck is great and it doesn't cause any traffic jams.

Problems:
-the no text bug
-In the manhunt call, the backup doesn't react until the suspect is dragged out of the car (the car doesn't move and if I enter a police officer's car he will engage the suspects by pulling all of them out of the car)

---
I would like to see Y/N for calls, busy/no calls mode, TRAFFIC STOPS and better stability.

---
EDIT: I can private-test a beta if you need someone.

Also, update the OP with the info that we have to use silents asi and load new game.

Traffic stop is in there. 

Okay, so I reinstalled San Andreas, and I installed everything one by one.

Now the text is showing, but as soon as I install cleo, it would not work. So, the problem is, if you have cleo, the text is not show.

Can you fix it, or it's something, that's very hard/impossible?
I believe many of us uses cleo to install other police mods like ELM, Tazer, Speedradar, etc, so it would be nice to make it working. :|

Thanks for finding the cause. I can now implement a fix.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

Update: https://copy.com/C2fr6JvZbLhghd7j

Various refinements
Spawn at station after death
Front desk inside LSPD
Car selection at LSPD
Change clothes at locker in LSPD
Made cops not close door when exit vehicle against suspect
Added on/off duty toggle key
Added game version checker at startup

Gamepad support
Interaction menu
Fixed random callout algorithm
Accept/decline calls
Available/busy status
Manhunt callout fixed
Fixed Menu text issue (confliction with CLEO)
  • Fognar, Triton460 and ULPaperContact like this

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:53 PM

I tried it, it works awesome, but when you call the paramedics, they still wouldn't come, like before.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

I tried it, it works awesome, but when you call the paramedics, they still wouldn't come, like before.

Are you using any conflicting mods? They only come if there is a dead ped nearby, just like default SA ems.

VicRattlehead27
  • VicRattlehead27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:18 AM

I think there's something wrong with the callout accept/decline system. There's definitely something wrong with the tooltips since both accept and decline options say L1+R3. I tried pressing L1+L3 instead to accept and I think I was able to accept a callout once, just once. I also try pressing L1+R3 to decline but I never get a "callout declined" confirmation, just "callout ended". I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work or if the time to accept/decline callouts is just that short and it just expired before I was able to properly decline. I did get a "callout auto-declined" message once but I don't know what triggers that. The "auto" part seems to suggest that it wasn't because of any input I entered. Regardless of what issues there are, I think the time given to the player to accept/decline callouts is way too short.

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

Are you using any conflicting mods? They only come if there is a dead ped nearby, just like default SA ems.

I don't have any mod installed at the moment.

If something happen, like an officer got shot down, I press Ctrl+F7, and it writes that R.A. units have been called, but nothing happen. It works with the firefirghters though.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

I think there's something wrong with the callout accept/decline system. There's definitely something wrong with the tooltips since both accept and decline options say L1+R3. I tried pressing L1+L3 instead to accept and I think I was able to accept a callout once, just once. I also try pressing L1+R3 to decline but I never get a "callout declined" confirmation, just "callout ended". I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work or if the time to accept/decline callouts is just that short and it just expired before I was able to properly decline. I did get a "callout auto-declined" message once but I don't know what triggers that. The "auto" part seems to suggest that it wasn't because of any input I entered. Regardless of what issues there are, I think the time given to the player to accept/decline callouts is way too short.

To accept callout, press ConversationYes button, decline is ConversationNo. You have 7 seconds to accept/decline call. If no input after that time limit, then the call will auto-decline.

I don't have any mod installed at the moment.

If something happen, like an officer got shot down, I press Ctrl+F7, and it writes that R.A. units have been called, but nothing happen. It works with the firefirghters though.

The firefighter and paramedic assistance uses SA's default response system, as in if you play on vanilla and the medics come.

Fognar
  • Fognar

Just simply Fognar

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

The firefighter and paramedic assistance uses SA's default response system, as in if you play on vanilla and the medics come.

Oh, okay, then I don't know the problem.

Triton460
  • Triton460

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

The tow truck is now glitchy. Sometimes it doesnt't spawn until I call for it on another car (then it tows the first car)

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

The tow truck is now glitchy. Sometimes it doesnt't spawn until I call for it on another car (then it tows the first car)

Will work on.

Triton460
  • Triton460

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:23 PM Edited by Triton460, 05 February 2016 - 06:33 PM.

I've been having issues with blips other than the cop ones (including the tow truck). They appear on the map when I call for police backup (which makes the police blip display).

The tow truck can be glitchy, sometimes not showing up and it spawns really far so it's usually a long wait.

The manhunt call works perfectly when the suspect is on foot, but when they are in a car they don't run and backup does nothing (this problem was also there before the newest beta version).

When the missing person callout appears and I confirm (Y) it says code 10-4 and if I do nothing when it pops up it will display the name of the missing person, but it will also say CALL ENDED.

In the pursuit call the suspect doesn't drive his car (stays stationary, backup does nothing).

When I traffic stop someone:
-the menu can be stuck at the text from previous traffic stop (so I stop somebody and it gives me list of citations but pressing 1 will still be speeding)

-After stopping, I exit my car and press E to get the car and person info and then the stopped car takes off and I can't stop it anymore

The mod is stable, crashes are rare. Probably the best San Andreas SAPDFR. Great work!
  • HeresOtis likes this

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:46 PM

I've been having issues with blips other than the cop ones (including the tow truck). They appear on the map when I call for police backup (which makes the police blip display).

The tow truck can be glitchy, sometimes not showing up and it spawns really far so it's usually a long wait.

The manhunt call works perfectly when the suspect is on foot, but when they are in a car they don't run and backup does nothing (this problem was also there before the newest beta version).

When the missing person callout appears and I confirm (Y) it says code 10-4 and if I do nothing when it pops up it will display the name of the missing person, but it will also say CALL ENDED.

In the pursuit call the suspect doesn't drive his car (stays stationary, backup does nothing).

When I traffic stop someone:
-the menu can be stuck at the text from previous traffic stop (so I stop somebody and it gives me list of citations but pressing 1 will still be speeding)

-After stopping, I exit my car and press E to get the car and person info and then the stopped car takes off and I can't stop it anymore

The mod is stable, crashes are rare. Probably the best San Andreas SAPDFR. Great work!

Thanks for the report and the comment. I will debug these today and try to get a new beta build tonight.

Triton460
  • Triton460

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

After I installed cleo the blips seem to work.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

After I installed cleo the blips seem to work.

The blips should work regardless. I'm basing this mod off of vanilla SA. So through that, if it works for me then it should work for all.

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:48 AM

New build

https://copy.com/w40ixAr1m8Bw9x9R

• Triton460 likes this

HeresOtis
  • HeresOtis

SA C++ Whiz