8 replies to this topic
johnnyGQsmooth
  • johnnyGQsmooth

Hydra of San Andreas

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:26 AM

System: PlayStation 3

I have downloaded every update up to and including the Independence Day one. Since that point, and before so, I've encountered several issues.

1) Properties I Own

Managers are no longer calling for my help. No beer run by that bar, no weed pickup by the Smoke on the Water, no mexican gangsters shooting up the Tequila-whatever club. This seems to have occurred right after I bought 'Hookies' with Michael where the Lost gang hangs out. Never got a call from that manager either. The only business that makes sense for not calling anymore is the cab company because I've done all of the missions with various passenger requests, e.g. the sick guy, the stalker GF, etc. These activities are tedious, and I know lots of folks think it's stupid, but I like doing it. I've tried driving near the locations, but still no phone calls/texts.

2) Hanging Out Conversations

I like hanging out with Lamar, Jimmy, the other main characters, etc. But lately, they don't talk to each other. Normally Lamar starts dogging Franklin about something, and the main trio chats about several issues. But it seems since the Independence Day update, this feature has ended, including the funny drunk conversations after you go to the bar together.

3) Pop machines are no longer prompting me to buy a soda. I saw someone else complaining about this, trying to link it to the Independence Day update.

I tried to find the update data so I could delete it, but all I can find is the install and my saves. Am I just missing it somehow?

Any known solutions?

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

Well, i play my game in two modes... Online and offline.

What does i mean?

Online, well... Gta online...

Offline. I always erase my CONTENT file on Ps3. This file is the file of the updates, the file that ever changes when you update your game. Now, my version is the 1.15. But when I erase the content file, the version number doesn't appear because it's version zero. The size of the original file is 20kb.

You can erase, but when you re-update your game you won't have specifics DLC, like the Valentine day content (in SP only, in GTAO your things are saved on cloud, so you never lose this contents), independence day content. I lost my blimp too, had to redownload the file on PSN... I dont know how many times we can download the contents on PSN, so i dont redownloaded the blimp yet... I will do this only when the DLCs be over.

boss209
  • boss209

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

Pop machines and prompts in the strip club don't pop up anymore either after latest patch. This killed the game for me....

johnnyGQsmooth
  • johnnyGQsmooth

Hydra of San Andreas

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:14 AM Edited by johnnyGQsmooth, 04 August 2014 - 02:53 AM.

Pop machines and prompts in the strip club don't pop up anymore either after latest patch. This killed the game for me....

Weird. The strip club prompts were still working for me. Unless you got the Bull Shark update thing I saw?

Well, i play my game in two modes... Online and offline.

What does i mean?

Online, well... Gta online...

Offline. I always erase my CONTENT file on Ps3. This file is the file of the updates, the file that ever changes when you update your game. Now, my version is the 1.15. But when I erase the content file, the version number doesn't appear because it's version zero. The size of the original file is 20kb.

You can erase, but when you re-update your game you won't have specifics DLC, like the Valentine day content (in SP only, in GTAO your things are saved on cloud, so you never lose this contents), independence day content. I lost my blimp too, had to redownload the file on PSN... I dont know how many times we can download the contents on PSN, so i dont redownloaded the blimp yet... I will do this only when the DLCs be over.

Thanks a lot for your help. The pop machines and hang out conversations are happening again. Dunno about the property calls yet. The updates were neat, but I'm pretty happy with the original game content. Don't need the new guns, most of which I don't care for.

• esato likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

Btw @johnnyGQsmooth

I forget to say, if you instant saved your character (M,f or t) using a DLC clothe or inside a DLC car (except the elegy Rh8) could happen that the game don't load this save game. You will né stuck forever in the 'loading story mode' screen.

I done this a few months ago inside that beach buggy and erased the 'content' file. When I tried to start the game... Don't loaded. So if you play online, do some missions or tune a car using the updated version, don't save your game using DLC content, save on foot or using a 'normal' car and outfit.

About the elegy, it already is on the disc content i think, because my save game was checked online on social club and unlocked the car, the garages and that gun... But even if i erase the content file, if i use this save, the car is available.

And if your ps3 is online all the time, the game will ask to update every time that you start it... So, i let my ps3 with the internet offline...

boss209
  • boss209

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Nope, didn't get the bullshark update. I'm on Ps3 if that makes any difference.

johnnyGQsmooth
  • johnnyGQsmooth

Hydra of San Andreas

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

Nope, didn't get the bullshark update. I'm on Ps3 if that makes any difference.

Well I played last night offline for a bit and all of the problems were gone. Still dunno about the properties calling or not. I think that might be a glitch with Hookies that glitches everything else?

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

I'm getting the hang out bug as well stupid GTA online ruining sp as usual

johnnyGQsmooth
  • johnnyGQsmooth

Hydra of San Andreas

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

I'm getting the hang out bug as well stupid GTA online ruining sp as usual

Well, if you don't miss the hang out chats too much compared to how you would miss the content of updates, just stay the course. Or do what I did and delete the update file.

I wish I knew what was causing properties not to call anymore...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users