Quantcast

» «
Photo

Hood / Bonnet Drivers

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Hood/Bonnet Drivers (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Which view do you drive in?

1. Hud / Bonnet (7 votes [8.75%])

Percentage of vote: 8.75%

2. Follow-cam (73 votes [91.25%])

Percentage of vote: 91.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote
OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

I'm pretty sure I already know how the voting will go on this; with a massive majority declaring they use follow-cam.

I do wonder how many of those players, however, realise how different the driving feels in hood / bonnet view. I'm not talking just visually, but the feel and physics of the handling.

I'm constantly amazed when travelling as a passenger during missions, etc, just how bad most drivers in this game are. They snake all over the road, smash into traffic, walls, lamposts every three seconds, and quite frankly frustrate the tits off me.

Anyway, just wondering how many fellow hood / bonnet drivers there are out there.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

Prefer 3rd person, imo bonnet view on this is retarded as f*ck. Although games with proper interior and "head cams" like Forza I will use the interior camera.
  • return-to-innocence, GrandTheftBatman, HBSanta and 3 others like this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

If you drive in first person you can focus a little better but using the third person view gives you more awareness. So third person.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

Prefer 3rd person, imo bonnet view on this is retarded as f*ck. Although games with proper interior and "head cams" like Forza I will use the interior camera.

Yes, it's not the best, visually speaking (I long for a proper dashboard view in GTA) but for me the handling of the car improves ten-fold in bonnet view.

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Swag is for kids. Class is for men.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

Why is there an inside view on Midnight Club: LA (October 2008) and not on GTA V (September 2013 as all of you may know)?

• JohnnyCallisto likes this

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

I use both camera's, it just depends upon the situation. If I'm trying to PIT someone, dashcam seems to work better for me. If some *sshole is attempting to get close enough to sticky bomb me, I use 3rd Person to be more aware of what is going on.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

Why is there an inside view on Midnight Club: LA (October 2008) and not on GTA V (September 2013 as all of you may know)?

I suspect it's because Rockstar don't really consider GTA to be a racing game and knew they could save sh*t-loads of time and memory by not doing interiors for all the cars.

Shame really.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:45 PM Edited by MantisFang, 02 August 2014 - 11:46 PM.

i can maneuver and evade much better in the follow cam... 

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by OurJud, 02 August 2014 - 11:48 PM.

You're a rare breed then. I can usually tell when a driver is using bonnet-cam, as they are much better at holding their lines and taking corners..

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

If there was an interior camera, I'd probably use it. But the hood cam sucks.

• HBSanta and LazerGunFunk like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

If the first person view didn't make me want to toss my Oreos after three minutes, it would be great.

It's not true-to-life-style, in that it's more like being on a boat than driving in a car.

Of course, I always wished they'd put in a first person view while in pedestrian mode, so I could feel like I was in CoD. 

Just kidding, bro. 

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:56 PM Edited by OurJud, 02 August 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Of course, I always wished they'd put in a first person view while in pedestrian mode, so I could feel like I was in CoD. 

Just kidding, bro. 

You might be kidding, but I'd love it! A FP GTA is my dream game! Not the CoD element, but certainly a good FP option.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Hood cam sucks. Either follow cam or true first person

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Sprunk Can

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

I drive like sh*t in 3rd person, why the hell would I want to torment the other players by using 1st person?

Muscleracer
  • Muscleracer

Chevy>dodge>ford

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

Just kidding, bro. 

You might be kidding, but I'd love it! A FP GTA is my dream game! Not the CoD element, but certainly a good FP option.
there is a glich for this but you cant walk away from the pier

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Peon

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:26 AM

Just kidding, bro. 

you can walk away from the pier but its just horrible for driving. If they implemented a true "helmet" cam for driving like grid and dirt then i would be a happy man

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:36 AM

Because the interior models look like sh*t.

Current-gen fixed that.

Pyramid_Head
  • Pyramid_Head

TheKAC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

I always use the follow cam. But if first person view (steering wheel and dash visible) was available I would always drive in that view. Hopefully the PS4 version offers that option when I upgrade.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

I would kill for a POV view behind the steering wheel.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

Best driver at UPS

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:21 AM

I use follow cam but only because it's safest. In free roam with the amount of douchebags and trolls driving around follow cam shows more of your surroundings which allows you to be more aware of anyone round the corner or a few blocks to the right or left.

If R* added anough detail and gave us better car interiors I would use hood cockpit view in a heartbeat. Even SA had better car physics in terms of front view, Whenever I drive the Elegy in SA I always use hood view since you really have to try when turning and starting from a full stop plus the car produces so much torque it's scary, Turning in the SA Elegy is one of the hardest things to do in the game so in hood view it's going to be 10x harder, Which makes it so much more enjoyable ;).

Kampret
  • Kampret

Glorious Multiplatform Gaming Race

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

I use hood view when racing and when chasing someone.

Most of the time I use 3rd person view.

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:24 AM

i use hood cam all the time especially police chases

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

I used to use it all the time but then got bored of not actually being able to see my expensive vehicle and it really takes you away from the world leaving you more susceptible to enemy attacks.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

Bonnet cam is slower frame rate and a big disadvantage when racing in this game. Just like low view is a disadvantage compared to high view. Although I find riding a bike through traffic safer from head view. Only a bike though.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

How is this triggered, please?

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

If it were an inside the car view id use nothing else...since its garbage I use the follow cam.

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

You're a rare breed then. I can usually tell when a driver is using bonnet-cam, as they are much better at holding their lines and taking corners..

I never go first person. Always 3rd person and I am a fine driver. I can cross the city no problem in a muscle car without hitting anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users