Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V iCEnhancer/ENB

67 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V iCEnhancer? (137 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GTA V Will Need iCEnhancer? or any Sort of Graphic Mod?

1. Yes (51 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (85 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jeter2
  • jeter2

GTA's Car & Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:26 PM Edited by nkhaira, 02 August 2014 - 09:28 PM.

Hello i am a huge fan i Icenhancer and since 3.0 recently came it makes GTA IV look even more beautiful

My question is do you guys think GTA V would need icenhancer or any sort of graphic mod?

What do you think?

andersona7x6661
  • andersona7x6661

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

No dude,the graphic will be be more beatiful as possible,don't need this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

IV doesn't need it either?
  • theNGclan likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

For quick results, just set saturation on Max in game, on your monitor and in Nvidia digital enhanemenrs, SOO REAL U GUYS, so bright it burns my retinas, just like real life.
  • Spider-Vice, Luna Lovegood, pg1313 and 6 others like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by Xerukal, 02 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

For quick results, just set saturation on Max in game, on your monitor and in Nvidia digital enhancers, SOO REAL U GUYS, so bright it burns my retinas, just like real life.

I tried it. Works great, but...

Is this a normal side-effect?

• Exocortex, Lowi, Evan-KCR and 2 others like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 02 August 2014 - 10:18 PM.

oh god... here comes the whole "ENB IZ MODDING DUR HURRRR" crap...

At the Cali state fair, I was playing GTA while volunteering at my Colleges Technology booth, and some dude was asking me why I dont play with IceEnhancer. He even said it was modding and that he modded it to fit his game perfectly...

Seriously, when will people learn that editing a text file to adjust some random numbers is *NOT MODDING*

• raburs and Sergiu like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

For quick results, just set saturation on Max in game, on your monitor and in Nvidia digital enhancers, SOO REAL U GUYS, so bright it burns my retinas, just like real life.

I tried it. Works great, but...

Is this a normal side-effect?

Brilliant m8, needs more bloom.
  • Spider-Vice, Andreas, TheDeaconBosco and 6 others like this

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

At the Cali state fair, I was playing GTA while volunteering at my Colleges Technology booth, and some dude was asking me why I dont play with IceEnhancer. He even said it was modding and that he modded it to fit his game perfectly...

Seriously, when will people learn that editing a text file to adjust some random numbers is *NOT MODDING*

Modding = modifying content. It could be considered as modding but technically, I don't think anyone having a bigger brain would do the same.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

bah humbug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

Modding = modifying content. It could be considered as modding but technically, I don't think anyone having a bigger brain would do the same.

Exactly.

The drivers themself are a mod, the configuration files are just a configurable asset of the modification. Seeing as how some ENB sets use injection kits that inject code INTO the game.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

monk70
  • monk70

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

There is no limit to perfection. So yes.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

The game looks pretty good as it is on old gen, despite the 30fps and gross aliasing.

Also I don't want to bother with these mods anymore, bit too many side-effects from my experience, also kinda kills the art direction and whatnot.

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

Neither GTAIV nor GTAV need Mods like these, they're perfect the way they are. Both ENB Series and iCEnhancer make GTA games feel more plastic and less magic, in my opinion.

• Spider-Vice, raburs and KyloW13 like this

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

Need? No. Will it most likely have one? Sure.

People will always mod. period. I'm sure some graphical bug fixes or "settings" for old pc users will be out after a while.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:30 AM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 01:32 AM.

No, it certainly doesn't need ICEnhancer. No game really does. It's a cool addition, and it's nice for making amazing screenshots, but it messes with the atmosphere of the vanilla game. That's why I generally dislike graphic modifications. They are fine as long as they keep the atmosphere, and maybe even add to it and further improve it - but that is hardly ever the case, if I'm being honest.

I had downloaded ICEnhancer 3.0 for GTA IV a few days ago, and removed the mod after just two days because it ruined the immersion for me. V looks pretty impressive, its art direction is unique and beautiful. It looked amazing on the PS3 and Xbox 360, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the PS4, and it will likely look even better on PC. I don't need a mod that messes up the hard work the developer has put into it.
  • Spider-Vice, DaRkL3AD3R and raburs like this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

No, it certainly doesn't need ICEnhancer. No game really does. It's a cool addition, and it's nice for making amazing screenshots, but it messes with the atmosphere of the vanilla game. That's why I generally dislike graphic modifications. They are fine as long as they keep the atmosphere, and maybe even add to it and further improve it - but that is hardly ever the case, if I'm being honest.

I had downloaded ICEnhancer 3.0 for GTA IV a few days ago, and removed the mod after just two days because it ruined the immersion for me. V looks pretty impressive, its art direction is unique and beautiful. It looked amazing on the PS3 and Xbox 360, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the PS4, and it will likely look even better on PC. I don't need a mod that messes up the hard work the developer has put into it.

i used to agree i hated enb but icenhancer 3.0 is the first enb i could use full time i really like it alot

• raburs likes this

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

So much ignorance in this thread. If any of you even knew how much work was put into 3.0, you wouldn't be saying anything.

As for the atmosphere, it wasn't meant to be dark and gritty but as realistic as possible.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by GTARandom, 03 August 2014 - 02:25 AM.

All IV graphics need from ENB(imo) are sun rays(godrays), better clouds/sky and perhaps reflections. Everything else in ENB is pretty much utter bullsh*t

Yes, i didn't say anti-aliasing because there are other ways of getting that in the game without using ENB at all. (e.g display drivers' settings and other utilties can be used for this - ofcourse these utilities often if not always use the d3d9.dll file like ENB does).

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

ITS LIKELY WON'T EVEN GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

http://enbseries.enb...php?f=26&t=3209

Bodge
  • Bodge

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

That's an old quote of his, he recently said he's looking forward to modding GTA V.

http://www.dsogaming...ding-treatment/

• Performer likes this

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:12 AM Edited by Performer, 03 August 2014 - 10:14 AM.

That's an old quote of his, he recently said he's looking forward to modding GTA V.

http://www.dsogaming...ding-treatment/

OH WOW. Didn't read that. o_O

AWESOME :)

Edit: ENB only works with DX9 currently - It will be a long and sweaty coding highway for him.

Skreedi
  • Skreedi

Square Civilian

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

I voted yes but I don't think the graphic will be bad. Just you, know, it always can be better and if someone can and want to do it, then why not?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Maybe you don't realize, but iCEnhancer is preset-only addon for ENB, not standalone modification. GTA V looks gorgeous on PS3/X360 and game don't need extreme change in graphic aspect, just look on my photos:

Spoiler

Weathers need a little tweak, e.g. storm and fog:

Spoiler

Few days after PS4/XB1/PC premiere I'll release first version of VisualV (IV users know that modification).

Rafael1703
  • Rafael1703

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Need it? No... Will it make the game look even better? Of course!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

ENB works great for Skyrim. It can really make the game gorgeous and add to the atmosphere and immersion. Combine that with iHUD, and you can have a next gen cinematic experience on a 2011 console port. 

I find most ENBs for GTA are too bright and washed out. I personally don't use them on GTA IV. It takes away from the cold, gray, gritty atmosphere that IV and TLAD is supposed to have. I also don't use it on TBOGT because it seems colorful enough already to fit the theme.

But if I were to use an ENB, it'd be iCEnhancer 1.2. It's probably my favorite actually.

Anyway like Andreas said, GTA V doessn't need ENB, but it will happen anyway.

Konstelation
  • Konstelation

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

Honestly, I love the mods and everything they came out with IV, but then again I don't... It makes certain things just like way too fake. I don't understand it, and I can't pinpoint it, but so much to me looks fake in certain area's. It's like it's just plastered or plastic.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 04 August 2014 - 12:04 AM.

I don't think V will really need any ICE/ENB mods. The sky and environments already look amazing. The only thing I could see fitting in nicely are some texture mods. (And more trees lol)

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

Maybe you don't realize, but iCEnhancer is preset-only addon for ENB, not standalone modification. GTA V looks gorgeous on PS3/X360 and game don't need extreme change in graphic aspect, just look on my photos:

Spoiler

Weathers need a little tweak, e.g. storm and fog:

Spoiler

Few days after PS4/XB1/PC premiere I'll release first version of VisualV (IV users know that modification).

I think GTA V will need a ENB, I can't stand this kiddy cartoonish graphs :S

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

I'm just going to do timecycle mods :D 

• CartmanKusanagi and raburs like this

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:53 AM Edited by Performer, 04 August 2014 - 07:54 AM.

Now everyone says "no" and "it can't be anymore better" but when ENB is finally out you're all like "OMG. BEST GRAPHICS EVER!111!!1"

It's always like that. There are always improvements that you can make.

I just wanna have the ICEnhancer colors in GTA V. Blue sky, nice HDR bloom and those goddamn car reflections and I'm good. ICE for GTA V please.

Also GTA V won't probably have features like Chromatic Abberation and strong Depth of Field. Maybe it will have Depth of Field but not as advanced as ENB has it.

Also the motion blur on ENB was much better compared to the IV one.

I'm looking forward to this. :)

• FANTOMTRON likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Maybe it will have Depth of Field but not as advanced as ENB has it.
Also the motion blur on ENB was much better compared to the IV one.

I'm looking forward to this. :)

Yes, what do sh*tty developers know? ENB IS LOVE, ENB IS LIFE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users