Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else thinks that driving sucks in IV?

369 replies to this topic
Nutsack McQueen
  • Nutsack McQueen

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

I haven't played a lot of racing games, but I bought Next Car Game and the driving physics in that game are incredibly satisfying. Just the right amount of challenge and weight. I hope GTA at some point does something similar.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:23 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 24 October 2015 - 01:26 PM.

playing it again i'll say its not that bad but the realism is over done.

:sui: Drive a real car, IV is not that realistic at all...

...Anyways.

Cars like the Sentinel urge me to really a appreciate the work put into IV's driving mechanics. The Sentinel is the perfect driver's car. No ABS, RWD, sharp yet weighted steering, great acceleration and a simple and clean yet stealthy look. It captured the essence of BMW back in 2007 with their E46 M3 - which was about to be replaced by the E92 otherwise known as V's Sentinel. It's probably one of the funnest and capable cars in the game. It can oversteer to powerslide and drift if you want it to. It can understeer if you want it to. Or it can go flat through a corner perfectly if you want it to, however oversteering and pulling a powerslide is way funner contrary to what those GTA:Online dorks say - who claim to be enthusiasts. I hear dumbasses whining about understeer and while that is slightly understandable, whining about oversteer or even too much grip is beyond pure retardation. Have you ever heard of a car critic complaining about how a car drifts too much? Car nuts love that kind of sh*t, or at least they should. Oversteer is desired, all of that tire smoking screeching skid mark goodness. The Sentinel is so damn fun, it's unbelievable.

After driving V's Sentinel - mostly the XS "performance" model :dozing: - and struggling not to fall asleep at the wheel, it was such a relief to hop back behind the wheel of IV's Sentinel.

Look, people say I whine too much about cars not being exactly like their real life counterparts. I say that's bullsh*t. I never made such complaints about IV's vehicles. And half of them accurately resemble their real life counterparts. The thing is, when you build a sports orientated car like V's Ubermacht Zion XS or  the Sentinel XS and they're based on BMW's lightning fast M6 and their incredibly sharp M3, you've got to do them right. I'm not saying copy their styling to the max or replicating their performance. But, look at IV's Sentinel compared to the BMW M3 E46. The styling is similar but there are differences to keep the Sentinel from being a carbon copy or too realistic. The performance? Barely similar. However, even though the Sentinel doesn't copy the M3's handling perfectly, what is does do right is that it's fast and sharp. It's supposed to be. There's no arguing that fact, it's supposed to be  a driver's car and it is. V's Zion XS and Sentinel XS were supposed to be driver's cars and they weren't. They were slow, sluggish, fat, disconnected and uninspiring.

What was best about IV's vehicles despite their flaws - most notably the wobbly suspension - was that they actually had depth. EVERY vehicle was different, EVERY vehicle. The Sultan and Sentinel are so damn similar they even share the same interior. BUT they're DIFFERENT. They are. Their straight line performance might be on par with each other but they're not the same thing, not even close. The gearing is different, the steering is different, the sound is different even the braking is different even though they both lack ABS. You can't say the same thing about V. There are so many cars where you just know the handling or sound was a copy-and -paste job. And what's even more pathetic is that so many cars feel like they were just slapped together.

They've made a few changes in recent history. It's almost like they've just now started to add cars that are actually unique and handle like cars. The Stirling GT, Windsor and definitely the T20. But the damage is already done. Meanwhile, all cars in IV feel like they were cared about. Yeah some cars are missing license plates or turning signals. That's it. It sure as hell beats how so many cars in V are missing badges and backup lights and how so many interiors are reused.

I'm sorry but I think everything automotive related about IV was executed almost perfectly despite the suspension work. It truly feels like they actually cared about making the driving aspect of the game an experience where as in V it's just a chore. A necessity. Well, for the most part. And it's a shame.

• B Dawg and Mr. Fartenhate like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:39 PM

IV driving is the best driving of the series

• TheOtherRyan and B Dawg like this

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

f*ck stone's throw

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

IV driving is the best driving of the series

Yup.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Chamberman20
  • Chamberman20

Injustice Delta Assult Squad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

Raspy
  • Raspy

ʍ๏๏и

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

The each time i return to play IV after i`ve played V or any other GTA series the more i find vehicle handling annoying and weird in this game.

R* attempted to make vehicles and it`s handling as realistic as it can gets but it turned out it`s realisticly weird and not fun at all.

Look at the vehicles`s speed, even top speed of the fastest cars in game seems 50% slower than in other series. Handling is so messed up that you can`t possibly turn a corner without crashing or rotating the vehicle. Chasing someone in the car or runnig from cops is a nightmare. And no matter on which surface you`re driving on the car always looks like it`s bending right. Not to mention that driving in this game looks like some slow motion cutscene.

I like IV as a game overall, i like Niko, i like the story etc but driving sucks, at least IMO. And if driving in GTA sucks that means 30% of the game sucks too as the driving is one of the most important aspects of GTA games.

What do you think?

What do I think? 

That you're an amateur

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:18 PM

The only reasonable complaint people seem to make about IV's handling is how wobbly the suspensions are. That's it. I haven't seen anything else besides "can't turn without crashing" or "too realistic" which are both bullsh*t because I never have trouble turning unless I'm driving like a moron and compared to games like Forza, IV is pretty arcade.

• B Dawg and UshaB like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:31 PM

^True. It took a few days for me to get use to the handling but I naturally grew into it. Then I would play a Forza game and I'm thinking how the f*ck do I play this game. I was never good at racing games, except for Mario Kart and Gran Turismo 3 and 4. 

• Scaglietti likes this

Raspy
  • Raspy

ʍ๏๏и

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

The only reasonable complaint people seem to make about IV's handling is how wobbly the suspensions are. That's it. I haven't seen anything else besides "can't turn without crashing" or "too realistic" which are both bullsh*t because I never have trouble turning unless I'm driving like a moron and compared to games like Forza, IV is pretty arcade.

Raspy
  • Raspy

ʍ๏๏и

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:28 PM

Kids just wanted that Burnout flavour

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users