Quantcast

» «
Photo

What happens after the main story? (Spoilers talk)

41 replies to this topic
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:20 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 02 August 2014 - 07:21 PM.

We can all agree that C is canon, so how is it gunna be? After The Third Way, Michael retires from being a criminal, he starts as a movie producer or some sh*t, trevor stops being a full criminal and only does smaller time jobs or other stuff, and I don't know about franklin. What is there for these 3 to re-unite again? I can't see a new storyline where merryweather f*cking threatens michael and his family and after that Michael has to rob banks again or something stupid.. There isn't any big bad corporation or enforcement to threaten michael or any of the 3 protagonists. So how is it gunna be ?

EDIT: title is ment to be 'What is there left so see after THE main story?'' If a mod can fix I'd be happy :)

• Journey_95 and thekillerdonuts like this

LucarioVercetti
  • LucarioVercetti

Speedy speed boy

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

We have to wait until this so called "Single Player DLC". We'll see then...

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

We have to wait until this so called "Single Player DLC". We'll see then...

Yeah but this thread is just some small storyline talk to the SP DLC that is coming. 

LucarioVercetti
  • LucarioVercetti

Speedy speed boy

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

oh...

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

And this is why Rockstar never makes direct sequels (meaning continuing where the last game stopped) because after the antagonist is killed, there is little to no more reason to continue a protagonist's story. And that is why, my children, we never get to play as the same protagonist for more than one game.

• InTheShadowsSince04, Dope_0110 and Blood-Is-in-Diamond like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:58 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 02 August 2014 - 10:48 PM.

They add a sprawling and immersive new storyline that revolves around getting Micheal's yacht back.

• Spaghetti Cat, universetwisters, thekillerdonuts and 7 others like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Yoga becomes outlawed and the 3 must unite to keep the middle aged women of LS suburbia, off antidepressants and into the warning embrace of Fabien.
  • SonOfLiberty, Spaghetti Cat, lol232 and 7 others like this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 02 August 2014 - 10:25 PM.

Getting the medical cocaine law passed. Snort that pure Colombian, mang!

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:56 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 03 August 2014 - 01:25 AM.

your title doesn't ask what your post asks.

it should be "what happens after the main story?". 

but your title is more like asking what is there to do after you've completed the main story.

Fixed

Protocol_10
  • Protocol_10

Genius

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

I literally have no idea. Hmmm. Let me think.

Perhaps, Trevor could come across a weird person in the desert. The weird person keeps following him all the way to Paleto Bay, where Trevor confronts him on why he's following him. The man doesn't reply, and Trevor, being the way he is kills him and find out he's a (Fill in the blank)

Disturbed by this, Trevor drives back to his trailer in Sandy Shores and sits down on the couch. He rocks back and forth and hears noises outside. He then looks outside and sees faces of dead people standing in line, staring into his trailer. Trevor screams and locks his doors. He nervously calls Michael and the two meet up. Seeing how frightened Trevor is, Michael lets him sleep at his mansion for awhile. Through the course of a few weeks, Trevor starts hearing things at night and realized that it has followed him. He tells Michael and Michael says he's just paranoid. The next night, Michael wakes up to scratching at his bedroom window. Michael stands up and sees the face of (Fill in the blank) staring at him and his wife. Michael shouts which wakes up Amanda and she sees nothing. Michael rages downstairs to Trevor sleeping on the couch. He confronts Trevor in which the two get in an argument. Michael is worried about his family's safety but Trevor thinks they should do something about it. Having no backup, they call Franklin.

That's how the three meet up again, and you carry on the story, people! Especially you, Phoenix!

nunyobidness
  • nunyobidness

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

And this is why Rockstar never makes direct sequels (meaning continuing where the last game stopped) because after the antagonist is killed, there is little to no more reason to continue a protagonist's story. And that is why, my children, we never get to play as the same protagonist for more than one game.

Unless they can introduce a new Antagonist who fits into the storyline.

The seeds are there if they want to build off of them. During the Casing the Jewel Store mission as Michael and Lester are going to the car and discussing who they could use for the Crew, Lester mentions he's been "working with someone, but he's too Unstable". Maybe Lester's other partner is a combination of Michael and Trevor, gets angry/jealous about not being brought in on the Big Score and goes after Michael, Trevor and Franklin in a Grand Conspiracy.

Also it's mentioned Solomon Richards and his Son have a bad relationship. Maybe the Son bumps off Solomon and Black Balls Michael from Vinewood.

Martin Madrazo is still around, with the calls and emails Patricia sends to Trevor there's fodder to reignite a feud there.

Simeon Yetarian could be revealed to have ties to the Armenian Mafia and could come after Franklin. The Lost MC could declare War on Trevor.

Don Percival could decide the crew owes him a few favors after the trouble they caused for Merryweather.

Combined with Michael’s F'd up family life, Trevor's Psychotic behavior and Franklin's ties to professional idiot Lamar Davis there are a lot of ways for them to do a continuation of the story.

Maybe something like....

Spoiler

• The_Anti-tragedy, killerbee25, NoSignal666 and 1 other like this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

the adventures of finding micheals stolen boat

• CartmanKusanagi and theGTAking101 like this

SKOGS-SKUMMISEN
  • SKOGS-SKUMMISEN

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

I guess we will find out IN A FEW WEEKS OR SO...

• Trevorphilipjfry likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Alien Invasion DLC   :whistle:

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 03 August 2014 - 09:11 PM.

The seeds are there if they want to build off of them. During the Casing the Jewel Store mission as Michael and Lester are going to the car and discussing who they could use for the Crew, Lester mentions he's been "working with someone, but he's too Unstable". Maybe Lester's other partner is a combination of Michael and Trevor, gets angry/jealous about not being brought in on the Big Score and goes after Michael, Trevor and Franklin in a Grand Conspiracy.

I think that's supposed to be a reference to the GTA Online protagonist.

Also it's mentioned Solomon Richards and his Son have a bad relationship. Maybe the Son bumps off Solomon and Black Balls Michael from Vinewood.

I'm pretty sure Ira Richards only purpose in the story was to give a lead to the police in the Leonara Johnson case. Soloman calls him a moron for telling the police that his father may have been involved in her murder.

Martin Madrazo is still around, with the calls and emails Patricia sends to Trevor there's fodder to reignite a feud there.

I doubt it, considering Madrazo seems to be absolutely terrified of Trevor and Michael, and when he had the chance to kill them both he kept his distance.

Simeon Yetarian could be revealed to have ties to the Armenian Mafia and could come after Franklin. The Lost MC could declare War on Trevor.

You can kill him, so I don't think Rockstar would do that. The Lost MC was entirely wiped out of Blaine County and no other chapters seem to take notice, anyway.

Don Percival could decide the crew owes him a few favors after the trouble they caused for Merryweather.

This, I agree with. Considering he was behind Merryweather throughout the entire game and we never even saw him in person, I think this is the most likely thing to happen, especially because at the end of his emails to Michael and Trevor post-game, he warns them to "never f*ck with me again". Lots of potential there.

Combined with Michael’s F'd up family life, Trevor's Psychotic behavior and Franklin's ties to professional idiot Lamar Davis there are a lot of ways for them to do a continuation of the story.

Maybe something like....

Spoiler

However, I like your detailed story. Good job on that.

• universetwisters likes this

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

O.G.A.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

Lester mentions he's been "working with someone, but he's too Unstable". 

I'm pretty sure Lester was referring to your online character.

destroyminkk
  • destroyminkk

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

Everyone starts smoking barry's stuff apart from franklin michael and trevor and the city goes crazy.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

Maybe something like....

Spoiler

F*ing perfect man, I would gladly pay for a DLC like this, good job. :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

• -inVADER- likes this

MeatSim64
  • MeatSim64

Just plain grade "eh" meat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Alien Invasion DLC   :whistle:

No, that's called Saints Row IV

• universetwisters, Journey_95, Shadowlarvitar and 3 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

I always thought that was a subtle-ass nod to the Online protagonist

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

Maybe something like....

Spoiler

F*ing perfect man, I would gladly pay for a DLC like this, good job. :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

That's very cool actually! Except for the end, its pretty sad lol

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

I did think of him being an antagonist in a future DLC when I got his email in the game.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

You can get Michael, Franklin, and Trevor to hang out in pairs or all three and hear post-story conversations. They're generally relieved and content.

Michael already had a wealthy lifestyle but was cash-poor and felt unhappy and at risk to lose everything, but his reconciliation with his family, the wish-fulfillment and satisfaction of having status in the movie business, and the financial security from his last heist have solved his "problems" for now.

Franklin is the biggest winner. Escaping from a poor and dangerous lifestyle, he now has a Vinewood Hills mansion that he didn't have to pay for, he has no particular obligations to anyone unless he chooses, and he has plenty of ways to legitimately invest his share of heists, so he's all set. He may be a bit socially isolated but he seems fine with having some space to himself.

Trevor has all his old illegitimate businesses, which have grown during the story, plus new legitimate businesses including the strip club and other properties. Trevor's situation is perhaps the least settled. His main story concern was settling his grievances with Michael, and having done that, it's back to business as usual for him. Trevor only cared about getting paid out of principle of money and respect being owed to him. Actually having wealth means nothing, at least so far as it could be used to upgrade his living conditions which remain disgusting.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

Claude.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:44 AM

We can all agree C is canon

That's where you're wrong. Until Rockstar releases concrete evidence (other than their overly ambiguous DLC statement) there is no canon ending.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:19 AM

That's where you're wrong. Until Rockstar releases concrete evidence (other than their overly ambiguous DLC statement) there is no canon ending.

Well, there is this artwork...

actual_1356731693.jpg

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Filled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:26 AM

Claude.

Claude Speed from GTA 2 is not Claude from GTA 3. Matter of fact, the GTA 3 guy was supposed to be nameless, but in San Andreas they decided to name him for whatever reason. I believe Rockstar went on note stating they regret naming the GTA guy into Claude.

JGatsby
  • JGatsby

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

Combined with Michaels F'd up family life, Trevor's Psychotic behavior and Franklin's ties to professional idiot Lamar Davis there are a lot of ways for them to do a continuation of the story.

Maybe something like....

Spoiler

I have a few ideas that can go with that, i hope that Rockstar will read this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:46 AM Edited by theNGclan, 04 August 2014 - 08:28 AM.

Claude.

Claude Speed from GTA 2 is not Claude from GTA 3. Matter of fact, the GTA 3 guy was supposed to be nameless, but in San Andreas they decided to name him for whatever reason. I believe Rockstar went on note stating they regret naming the GTA guy into Claude.

No, you're wrong on that one. If you search through GTA 3's files you see the name Claude. Rockstar said that his surname may or may not be Speed. So even if they are different entities, the III counterpart was not by any means meant to be nameless.

The likely hood of it being the same character is high, but the bigger factor regardless is the era system.

• thekillerdonuts likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Well, there is this artwork...
actual_1356731693.jpg
Yes and another peice of artwork depicts M,T and F walking away from a burning bugstars van following the Jewellery Store Heist. So you're saying we should disregard a major peice of the story at the start just so Trevor can take part in that particular heist, and because a peice of artowkr says so?

... GTAForums logic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users