Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dogs in GTA Online?

86 replies to this topic

Poll: Dogs in GTA Online? (178 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree to have dogs?

1. Yes, it would be cool to have dogs. (133 votes [74.72%])

Percentage of vote: 74.72%

2. No, it won't make a difference and they would be useless. (45 votes [25.28%])

Percentage of vote: 25.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote
NubcakeVII
  • NubcakeVII

Strawberry Fondler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:31 AM

I'd like dogs for your character, but only if they stay in your apartment.

Being attacked by other players dogs would be annoying. And what happens when my tea cup poodle gets jet griefed?

ripped condom
  • ripped condom

teaching young girls how to go be hoes

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

I'd like dogs for your character, but only if they stay in your apartment.

Being attacked by other players dogs would be annoying. And what happens when my tea cup poodle gets jet griefed?

it will have to go on passive...

Gerald Spoder
  • Gerald Spoder

Friendly Neighborhood Drug Dealer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

I will be happy if they ever add a doge to Online.

Starscream_910
  • Starscream_910

Undercover Moderator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Snapmatic 2014

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

I think it would be pretty awesome to have multiple breeds of dogs too.
Pit Bulls (higher end because of fighting capability), German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Huskies, Mastiffs, Dobermans etc... Maybe also a dog fight scene? Would definitely get stuck into that.
Slightly off topic and what ChrilLe said- pets in general would be a great addition. I personally would love to have a Tiger in my Mansion like Tony Montana XD

Dogfights? You are f*cked up man. Guys like you should be thrown in front of a bus.

What's wrong with dogfights? Could be a fun addition, not like I promote it IRL or anything.

The fact that you would condescend to such levels as to say I should be literally killed for my opinion on a video game is something I find far more "f*cked up" than theorising how some pixels may interact with each other over an internet connection.

With your silly logic, should I be mad at you for running around, shooting other human beings in the head with a shotgun on GTA? What about the times when you robbed an innocent shop keeper at gun point? Or ran over a civillian and didn't think twice about them?

Because if I was to take the idiotic standpoint you're taking;

1) you're on the wrong bloody game and

2) it's just plain ludicrous.

But whatever man. I'll leave you now with your passion for pixelated dogs.

Just for the record, I don't support dogfighting IRL at all.

And also, as much as you're an idiot, I see your passion for the well being of dogs, and I appreciate that.

But I would never wish death upon anyone over GTA. Check yourself.

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:20 AM Edited by Moonwalker98, 03 August 2014 - 03:20 AM.

This would be great.

LIKE, if you're roaming with your pet, and get killed by a dickface. Your dog would attack him, if he is with you and hasn't died.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

Speaking of dogs, I think the construction workers around the city should hoot and hound any ladies that cross their path while working

Starscream_910
  • Starscream_910

Undercover Moderator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Snapmatic 2014

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

Pit Bulls (higher end because of fighting capability)

Except for pitbulls aren't fighters. No domesticated dog is a fighter. Pitbulls are actually some of the most loving dogs out, no lie.

Note I said "fighting capability" and not "fighting temperament" (which varies from dog to dog anyway). A pit bulls bite is the worst, hence it's fighting "capability" would make it a higher end.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Sure but let's not be racist towards sea creatures... I would like a dolphin for a pet also

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

I cant vote because it would be cool but useless. They would only be useful in invite only sessions and for taking pics. They will keep getting killed in freeroam and people would just keep having to buy them. Knowing rockstar that would turn out to be 50,000 per dog.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:00 AM Edited by mysteriousamg, 03 August 2014 - 06:17 AM.

I think it would be pretty awesome to have multiple breeds of dogs too.
Pit Bulls (higher end because of fighting capability), German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Huskies, Mastiffs, Dobermans etc... Maybe also a dog fight scene? Would definitely get stuck into that.
Slightly off topic and what ChrilLe said- pets in general would be a great addition. I personally would love to have a Tiger in my Mansion like Tony Montana XD

Dogfights? You are f*cked up man. Guys like you should be thrown in front of a bus.
What's wrong with dogfights? Could be a fun addition, not like I promote it IRL or anything.

The fact that you would condescend to such levels as to say I should be literally killed for my opinion on a video game is something I find far more "f*cked up" than theorising how some pixels may interact with each other over an internet connection.

With your silly logic, should I be mad at you for running around, shooting other human beings in the head with a shotgun on GTA? What about the times when you robbed an innocent shop keeper at gun point? Or ran over a civillian and didn't think twice about them?

Because if I was to take the idiotic standpoint you're taking;

1) you're on the wrong bloody game and

2) it's just plain ludicrous.

But whatever man. I'll leave you now with your passion for pixelated dogs.

Just for the record, I don't support dogfighting IRL at all.

And also, as much as you're an idiot, I see your passion for the well being of dogs, and I appreciate that.

But I would never wish death upon anyone over GTA. Check yourself.
im a dog breeder so i know dogfighting is a stupid sport so i would never condone it. As far as in the game i would just say thats why you cant get chop to attack any animals in single player. Trust me i tried, it would be cool to see the online dogs fight with coyotes and the infamous mountain lion thats on single player. If rockstar implemented all the single player animals online, then your dog protecting you from a mountain lion would make more sense instead of just dogfighting. As a dog handler i can say that gta has offered us things in all of their games Alot worse than dogfighting. They let us torture a guy with a car battery/jumper cables to a guys nipples and shock him for a confession. Mr .A
Thats Just my perspective. I Been around dogs my whole life and bred many litters of puppies. It was no point of him getting his panties in a bunch over an opinion.
  • n0tj0sh33 and Starscream_910 like this

SmokeyPR
  • SmokeyPR

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

How about a personal shark?

How about personal a shark, with a frickin' laser on its head.

• The real coast guard likes this

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

i voted no only because i feel like rockstar could give us better stuff then pets but i would like to see pets just not now i'd rather want something like.... some type of midnight club styled dlc or something like that idk.. if they add pets then they should add wild life with it to online! like rockstar shouldn't just release pets. if there gonna add animals add the wild life too and hunting games and well you guys get the idea

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Fly Goils. :U

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Why have a dog when you can BE THE DOG!?

7e7c70c1dfb253be826d0339fe361481_zps3304

b252023383301ced7d10577f7e23a2e1_zps4c88

• AceThaCreator likes this

Godovermoney
  • Godovermoney

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Only pit bulls, rottweilers and dobermans.

iRideIndependent
  • iRideIndependent

Mr. Unpopular Opinion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Except for pitbulls aren't fighters. No domesticated dog is a fighter. Pitbulls are actually some of the most loving dogs out, no lie.

http://en.wikipedia....arfare#Fighting

"In ancient times, dogs, often large mastiff- or molosser-type breeds, would be strapped with armor or spiked collars and sent into battle to attack the enemy. This strategy was used by various civilizations, such as the Romans and the Greeks. This approach has been largely abandoned in modern day militaries due to the fact that modern weapons would allow the dogs to be killed almost immediately, as on Okinawa when U.S. soldiers quickly eliminated a platoon of Japanese soldiers and their dogs"

..guess you didn't really think that one through didja lolol
What part of that makes a civilian dog a fighter? From what I read, that's all about service dogs bred for fighting. Domesticated, technically - but neither you or me would have one of those.

Note I said "fighting capability" and not "fighting temperament" (which varies from dog to dog anyway). A pit bulls bite is the worst, hence it's fighting "capability" would make it a higher end.
Okay, fair enough. It's just every dog has fighting capability, not just pitbulls. I have a blue nose pit in real life. I don't mean to be so defensive, but I just hate seeing pits being associated so closely with their ability to fight when they're lovers.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

"In ancient times, dogs, often large mastiff- or molosser-type breeds, would be strapped with armor or spiked collars and sent into battle to attack the enemy. This strategy was used by various civilizations, such as the Romans and the Greeks. This approach has been largely abandoned in modern day militaries due to the fact that modern weapons would allow the dogs to be killed almost immediately, as on Okinawa when U.S. soldiers quickly eliminated a platoon of Japanese soldiers and their dogs"

What part of that makes a civilian dog a fighter? From what I read, that's all about service dogs bred for fighting. Domesticated, technically - but neither you or me would have one of those.

Okay, fair enough. It's just every dog has fighting capability, not just pitbulls. I have a blue nose pit in real life. I don't mean to be so defensive, but I just hate seeing pits being associated so closely with their ability to fight when they're lovers.
just to clear things up, Every Dog on Earth is a fighter. Thats how they handle disputes inside the pack and to assert dominance. Its just every dog is Not Dominant. Pitbulls just get the short end of the stick in the dogfighting debate because thats their job. The American Pitbull Terrier is Specifically Bred to assassinate any moving animal. Thats where their tenacity comes from. They dont have a lock jaw mechanism, they just have the will to never give up. Their pain tolerance is incredible. Everydog breed has been bread to excel at a certain job. Pitbulls have been bred for bull baiting and fighting. I had over 30 pitbulls 12(in the same house) and none of them would attack a child. Pitbulls have a high tolerance to childrens rough play and high energy. Dont take a chow chow or a dalmatian around a kid unless you want him bit and a lawsuit on your hands. These dogs have a low tolerance for kids. Pitbulls are hands down "the most loyal dog ever" everything they do is to impress a human. If you put your hand in their mouth, a purebred putbull will push your hand out its mouth with its tounge. Im guessing nobody on this topic has ever came across a caucasian mointain sheperd. These are the biggest craziest dogs on the planet.
  • Starscream_910 likes this

smokin' billy
  • smokin' billy

Undercover Cop

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by smokin' billy, 03 August 2014 - 04:54 PM.

Every NPC should be a dog. Also all the players should be dogs.

• brose_sfr likes this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

i can see it now. first there would be alot of dead dogs littering the streets. next would be players being the dogs (like chop in SP) and then soon to follow would be modded dogs shooting missiles or explosive rounds out of their asses. 

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

It would be ridiculous. Almost every single player would buy a dog and it would seem very unnatural to see a mutt at the heel of every player you encounter.

At first maybe but then it will level out, not every1 will get 1 and not every pedestrian will either, besides how often to you get close enough to random players in gta online anyway

Epic.
  • Epic.

I feel it again, the call to the light.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

Well I wouldn't own a Dog.

Because he wouldn't learn to sh*t on the neighbors yard

Starscream_910
  • Starscream_910

Undercover Moderator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Snapmatic 2014

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

just to clear things up, Every Dog on Earth is a fighter. Thats how they handle disputes inside the pack and to assert dominance. Its just every dog is Not Dominant. Pitbulls just get the short end of the stick in the dogfighting debate because thats their job. The American Pitbull Terrier is Specifically Bred to assassinate any moving animal. Thats where their tenacity comes from. They dont have a lock jaw mechanism, they just have the will to never give up. Their pain tolerance is incredible. Everydog breed has been bread to excel at a certain job. Pitbulls have been bred for bull baiting and fighting. I had over 30 pitbulls 12(in the same house) and none of them would attack a child. Pitbulls have a high tolerance to childrens rough play and high energy. Dont take a chow chow or a dalmatian around a kid unless you want him bit and a lawsuit on your hands. These dogs have a low tolerance for kids. Pitbulls are hands down "the most loyal dog ever" everything they do is to impress a human. If you put your hand in their mouth, a purebred putbull will push your hand out its mouth with its tounge. Im guessing nobody on this topic has ever came across a caucasian mointain sheperd. These are the biggest craziest dogs on the planet.

I know this is massively off topic so apologies to OP :-D

I've never owned a pit bull before, but a friend of mine owned a red nose pit- gigantic one, female. She was honestly adorable but she looked freaky as hell, I guess they just look like they're made for fighting as you said :-P

My dad had a German Shephard (it died last year- it was about the same age as me) and that thing was honestly more loyal and caring than I can say for a certain few human beings I've come across.

Never bit anyone, was always loyal, playful, very protective, liked to help, responded well to firm discipline, great with kids and other pets, just a genuine pleasure to be around (and this thing was massive).

But then when you see what German Shephards are capable as police dogs (in the UK they use them as riot dogs) they are terrifying, and could rip your arm off without thinking twice. Again it all comes down to what the dog is raised as. I'm sure both a Shephard and a pit are deadly in their own rites, but as domesticated pets, they're the ultimate companion.

Just to try and remain slightly on topic so the thread doesn't get locked off, I stand by what I said earlier- dogs would be a really awesome addition to the game.

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

Would be nice to use as pets as well as hold and bet on races at the track involving dogs.

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Guilty By Association

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

Why have a dog when you can BE THE DOG!?
7e7c70c1dfb253be826d0339fe361481_zps3304
b252023383301ced7d10577f7e23a2e1_zps4c88

LMAO did that dog just open the door?

Zidnex
  • Zidnex

Hiding from the US since 2001

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:21 AM

I'd love having a husky with me. Imagine a drive around in your Grotti Stinger with a freaking husky riding shotgun. Perfection  :r*:

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:47 AM

I would like to see this myself, problem would be other players blowing them up left and right. It could be possible for it to be in online, just them doing it is another story. Rockstar tends to say one thing and do another lol

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

Hopefully no greyhounds, I don't want to see a greyhound unless it's on the track at the rumored casino,
Once there too old and tired to race dispose of them , preferably shotgun blast.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

How about a personal shark?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users