Photo

GTA- A satire of American Culture

46 replies to this topic
Loc14
  • Loc14

King of Los Santos

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by Loc14, 03 August 2014 - 06:25 PM.

the greatest country on earth

That's your opinion.

That's sarcasm actually, but well.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:36 PM Edited by Spadge007, 03 August 2014 - 06:37 PM.

They pushed the borders to far in GTA V, to a point where it is getting cynical. In San Andreas there was still a warm ambience through the relationships of the characters, now we have the "everybody-is-pissed-at-life-and-wants-you-to-get-the-f*ck-out-of-their-way" attitude.

• Mr.Nedich, OneManCrimeWave, Judicious 7 and 1 other like this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

GTA's satire of American culture has become about as fun Two and a Half Men with Ashton Kutcher - which is about as fun as getting kicked in the balls.

The satire was at its best in VC and SA - Dat radio was da bomb.

• OneManCrimeWave, Judicious 7 and TheGoodSgtScooter like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:49 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 August 2014 - 09:51 AM.

As someone who loves V,i actually thought the Talk Shows were Crap unfortunately (although the Songs were better than IV :p) and i agree with what everyone here has said.
  • SingularSoul likes this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

^^ WATT!!!

You dont think its the best ever  :p

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

It may be satire, but it's not very good satire. In fact, judging by the satires I have seen over the years, it's pretty bad.

• Mr.Nedich likes this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Danger zonnnne".

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

As someone who loves V,i actually thought the Talk Shows were Crap unfortunately (although the Songs were better than IV :p) and i agree with what everyone here has said.

I'm somehow overwhelmed with a feeling of respect towards you for stating this.
*pats on back* :)

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

They pushed the borders to far in GTA V, to a point where it is getting cynical. In San Andreas there was still a warm ambience through the relationships of the characters, now we have the "everybody-is-pissed-at-life-and-wants-you-to-get-the-f*ck-out-of-their-way" attitude.

This that's why I hate the hipster pricks and the political humour in gta v
  • Judicious 7 likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

I think it should continue, simply because R* has been going with this alot since IV, the american dream thingy. And I don't hate it, I think it can work with a game like GTA

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

I just heard a whiz wireless commercial in GTA 4 and it said take the social vibe away or something like that but it was funny unlike GTA v humor.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

I just heard a whiz wireless commercial in GTA 4 and it said take the social vibe away or something like that but it was funny unlike GTA v humor.

You know the one about "Hitting your kids does wonders" and stuff? Yeah, at first I had a cackle, but then after a while, the second version of that commercial just sounds hateful. Like, the guy goes on and talks about him being a former U.S Marine and how he knows techniques to create fear and respect. It was at that point that the smile on my face just disappeared.

Most of the jokes in this game just get hammered in so hard that it just becomes unfunny and appears to be hateful. The jokes in this game reminds me of some kid who's in the back of the class making wise cracks, but they're so old that they're not even worth a sympathy chuckle. Then after a while, you just ignore him and he keeps going and it's just sad. You know, this makes me think about that thread about working for Rockstar. I kinda think maybe the script writers were hateful in the first place. Hmm....

• SingularSoul and Blennerville like this

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

Best satire and joking was in 3d era. The humor was actually humor, and made everybody laugh. HD era humor, is like some kids are trying to tell you a joke.
HD era humor is more like crap.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

You know the one about "Hitting your kids does wonders" and stuff? Yeah, at first I had a cackle, but then after a while, the second version of that commercial just sounds hateful. Like, the guy goes on and talks about him being a former U.S Marine and how he knows techniques to create fear and respect. It was at that point that the smile on my face just disappeared.

Most of the jokes in this game just get hammered in so hard that it just becomes unfunny and appears to be hateful. The jokes in this game reminds me of some kid who's in the back of the class making wise cracks, but they're so old that they're not even worth a sympathy chuckle. Then after a while, you just ignore him and he keeps going and it's just sad. You know, this makes me think about that thread about working for Rockstar. I kinda think maybe the script writers were hateful in the first place. Hmm....
They need the writers from 3d era to do there humour again

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

They need the writers from 3d era to do there humour again

The sad thing is that most of the writers who did the radio and stuff were around during the 3D era.

• Payne likes this

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by Severe, 07 August 2014 - 09:02 PM.

I must be the only one here who doesn't see a a big difference between the humor in the older games and newer ones. I guess I just don't see how, for instance, a nudist being shot by a spaceship-building televangelist, is massively better than say, child-beating Marine.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

I must be the only one here who doesn't see a a big difference between the humor in the older games and newer ones. I guess I just don't see how, for instance, a nudist being shot by a spaceship-building televangelist, is massively better than say, child-beating Marine.

I think the joke in that is how it's presented. VCPR, as you mentioned, is a talk show whose source of humor comes from it's guests that come on. I don't know what to say about the child beating Marine, though. I haven't heard it or if I did, I haven't paid much attention after the "please waterboard me sir" part.

• SingularSoul likes this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Danger zonnnne".

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:52 PM Edited by SingularSoul, 09 August 2014 - 10:53 PM.

I swear I'll lose my sh*t if I hear the damn alcohol commercial on the radio again.
I know I can switch the station over, but that's not the point. It's not funny, it's not clever... It's pathetic.
Oh, and the guy who does the meditation show or something on WCTR; NOT FUNNY. Mindless rambling, and nothing more.
Whatever happened to the funny shows we had in previous games?
Every single one of WTCR/BCTR's programs are absolute bollocks of the highest order.
  • universetwisters and Payne like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users