Online friendship/relationships?

105 replies to this topic
Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

what is with you guys meeting girls who are 10 countries away from you?

why can't you meet people locally?

Most of the girls I know aren't sane enough to be dated and I don't even have high standards when it comes to personalities. The only girl I could conceivably date is actually someone who literally lives right next to me. She's the nicest and most polite girl I know (in person at least) but I think our values and interests don't align enough to make a relationship work. I can't help but think long-term about relationships at this point in life and I don't want to start one that's quite likely to fail because our views on certain subjects are irreconcilable.

The only two other girls that actually pretty much meet my criteria live thousands of miles away unfortunately. It's just a fact that people around where I live aren't that open-minded in general and in other countries things are a little different. I think you can also find people on the Internet much quicker whose interests and values align with yours, so it's a better dating medium in that sense.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

How many people have you all actually met from the internet?

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Me and my current girlfriend met on Omegle a few years ago. We started texting and snap chatting, eventually becoming friends, then more than friends, then a couple. And we're together in person now after about 2 years of LDR.

• gtaxpert, Frank Brown, JIMHO and 2 others like this

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Honestly, I'm bullied a lot in person. I can never seem to actually concentrate on the lesson or assignments anymore. It sucks a lot. I kinda get bullied online, too.

I don't really have friends via in person or online.. but I have a girlfriend. We've met about three or so months ago. We instantly clicked. We both Skype and talk on the phone a lot and honestly, I feel like this is my first relationship that wont suck. Still pretty sh*tty though. I'm not complaining.

I'm happier than I was a year ago.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

The sad thing is I probably have more friends on this forum than I do in person.
  • Aljohnk, Flynny, matajuegos01 and 2 others like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:31 AM Edited by matajuegos01, 03 August 2014 - 09:33 AM.

I'm in the same boat as you OP, but I'll do everything possible to meet her :)

and SOL: it doesn't matter where your friends come from, the important thing is that we're not going to leave you alone, you can resort to us for any problem or question you may have, being there personally or virtually doesn't change the things too much. A friend is a friend, no matter what.

• Miamivicecity, Flynny, Coin and 1 other like this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

if all of us only did the thing that was 'easier,' we'd still be living in caves.

Human is lazy by nature and always searches for easier way. Technology, cars, everything is developed to make living easier.

We will return to caves, cause this route is doomed.

pouritup90
  • pouritup90

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

if all of us only did the thing that was 'easier,' we'd still be living in caves.

Caves with internet connection, I hope.

OT: I forgot to ask a while ago, how far is her country from yours?

She is in Spain. 

Thank you for all the replies I didn't expect so many people to contribute. I am talking to her again at the moment and things are going great as usual. I always get a little happy when she starts a conversation with me. She is starting a university and moving in to live on campus next month so I am worried this will affect our friendship/relationship but I have fingers crossed it will be maintained. :)

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

I don't even know how to go about getting into online relationships sooooo......I've no idea how they can even come about.

Ruuussia
  • Ruuussia

VW Lover

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Your life your choice

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

She is starting a university and moving in to live on campus next month

unless she's an ugly duckling, you're about to lose her to some other guy she's going to see every day in-person...

• Mister Pink likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

She is starting a university and moving in to live on campus next month

unless she's an ugly duckling, you're about to lose her to some other guy she's going to see every day in-person...

Christ, why don't you shut the f*ck up. What the hell do you know about this guy and his relationship. Your turds must be made of gold for you to have such a consistently sh*tty, holier than thou attitude in every thread.
  • Rougarou, Kristian., Majestic81 and 2 others like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

meme_grumpy_cat.jpg

• Yolo Swaggins, Xyn and AlexanderS4 like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

You are a moron.
  • Rougarou and nkaujrog like this

Ruuussia
  • Ruuussia

VW Lover

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Caves with internet connection, I hope.

OT: I forgot to ask a while ago, how far is her country from yours?

She is in Spain. 

Thank you for all the replies I didn't expect so many people to contribute. I am talking to her again at the moment and things are going great as usual. I always get a little happy when she starts a conversation with me. She is starting a university and moving in to live on campus next month so I am worried this will affect our friendship/relationship but I have fingers crossed it will be maintained. :)

Lol, I'm Russian but I live in Spain, from what part of Spain is she?

PD: Don't trust in Spanish girls, maybe she is one the exceptions.

pouritup90
  • pouritup90

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

You are a moron.

Me?

Why? 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

nah he's talking to me.

he loves me and only comes out of the woodwork to post when I remind him how much he loves me.

it's cool. just ignore Myron.

like everybody else does.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

nah he's talking to me.
he loves me and only comes out of the woodwork to post when I remind him how much he loves me.

it's cool. just ignore Myron.
like everybody else does.

I don't see where you get the conceit to lecture this guy on who to ignore when you have constantly mocked him.
  • JIMHO likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

I don't see where you get off deciding when the forums should be serious and when they should be sarcastic...

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

Okay, I have no idea how people can do online relationships. I literally just went through about 20 people on Omegle and it was full of perverts. Then there was this one kid who was nice, up until the point he said he'd never jerked off before at 18 and then proceeded to try and ask me how to do it..hahaha

• nkaujrog likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Omegle

Yeah, you'd have to go through a lot of people on that to get anywhere.

Places like forums or IRCs are good for sailing some kind of ship, because they're places where you talk a lot about a common interest.

Still, relating to the thread, there's no replacement for meeting someone in person - even just once. Though I'd think others have put better how seriously you should take a purely online relationship.

• Failure likes this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Well, judging from my experience, online/long distance relationships don't last for long. It's nice at first, but actually having a relationship is blocked by both of you not being there physically.

pouritup90
  • pouritup90

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Okay, I have no idea how people can do online relationships. I literally just went through about 20 people on Omegle and it was full of perverts. Then there was this one kid who was nice, up until the point he said he'd never jerked off before at 18 and then proceeded to try and ask me how to do it..hahaha

Funnily enough it was through the site Omegle I met the girl!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

Haha man you got more patience than a saint. Spent about an hour on there last night and found nothing but guys wanting to f*cking do sexual sh*t.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by dice, 04 August 2014 - 05:51 PM.

You're a female, the internet is a completely different experience for you compared to the average male, especially if it involves live camera action
  • nkaujrog likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

I remember the first one I had. Girl lived in Fira, Santarini, Greece.

We were together for 5 months.

We did meet in person.

It fell apart after I got back home(I flew there to meet her). Didn't have anything to do with our physical time together. Probably...still would have been together if I stayed.

Anyway, the issues leading up to the breakup, leads me to give you this advice:

Don't put your WHOLE heart into this girl, but just enough.

Do not engage in religious views with her. Do not get drawn into a religious debate with her either.

Have your "ME TIME". Don't spend TOO much time together online. Ya know, give each other some space. It will be tempting, and your situation was very similar to mine. I work at a store, all I did was play games. Met this girl, things changed.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

You're a female, the internet is a completely different experience for you compared to the average male, especially if it involves live camera action

f*ck the cameras haha jesus There's a ton of dicks out there! I forget how scary the internet is.

• AlexanderS4 and nkaujrog like this

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

What I'm saying is... I'm hungry!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Lol, I'm Russian but I live in Spain, from what part of Spain is she?

PD: Don't trust in Spanish girls, maybe she is one the exceptions.

Why? spanish girls are lovely, at least a few I know.

Anyway, she's moving to the campus..
That could be an obstacle if she meets someone there, but I think you alreadyy know that. Just in case, try to meet someone in real life. Believe me, I know that it's difficult to force yourself to find a girl if you know that the people where you live do not share the same interest as you, but you can get to know a nice girl if you give yourself a chance. Maybe you'll get a surprise.
About your online date, go for it, but be aware that she won't see you everyday, and these kind of relationships are harder to mantain IMO.

pouritup90
  • pouritup90

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Okay now I am feeling like i am in some sort of bad dream or something. The girl without warning has blocked me on Skype and removed me from Snapchat and Kik!! We were talking fine yesterday and everything seemed normal?? I am absolutely gutted and feel like this is not real life? The last thing she said to me was "haha me too" which was when i said "i'm going to sleep now" and i have woken up today and she is gone! 3 months of conversation is still on Skype and I dont know what happened and i will probably never find out why she did it or hear from her ever again.

And as well as that problem, my friends from the baseball forum have been giving me one word responses and do not seem interested in chatting any more. Maybe i have came across as too desperate or some thing like that? How horrible to be feeling like this. 

• Ruuussia likes this

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

Hold on to your feelings, brah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users