Photo

Turn off custom maps?

6 replies to this topic
Tonkow
  • Tonkow

Awesomeist

• New Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:09 AM Edited by Tonkow, 02 August 2014 - 06:10 AM.

Hello all.

I am wondering if there is someway for me to turn off custom death matches maps. I've checked the settings twice and I can't find anything. The reason for me to wanna do this is because like every time I join a death match I'm being put in a custom map, created by some douchebag. The maps are generally called "FREE XP MONEY GLITCH" and I its about trapping all the players inside a place without showing how to get out of there. And the host then goes outside of this trap and there is like a ton of weapons for killing the players inside the trap. This is really EFFING annoying and I wish to put an end to this, by just play "vanilla" maps.

KronicKapture
  • KronicKapture

Poon Lord

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:21 AM Edited by KronicKapture, 02 August 2014 - 09:46 AM.

Hello all.

I am wondering if there is someway for me to turn off custom death matches maps. I've checked the settings twice and I can't find anything. The reason for me to wanna do this is because like every time I join a death match I'm being put in a custom map, created by some douchebag. The maps are generally called "FREE XP MONEY GLITCH" and I its about trapping all the players inside a place without showing how to get out of there. And the host then goes outside of this trap and there is like a ton of weapons for killing the players inside the trap. This is really EFFING annoying and I wish to put an end to this, by just play "vanilla" maps.

I only ever joined one of these and it was when I was totally baked and had ignored like 6 of the invites I got prior but figured 'why not'. It was at the airport and there was like 6 of us. I apparently had managed to follow the host ( i had no idea and no one had weapons ) outside of his death cage and could've killed him cause I picked up a shotgun but figured maybe it was some kind of cool expedition map so i just followed him (i dont f*ckin know i was stoned off my gourd) and then he quickly killed me, I spawned back in the cage with everyone and what do ya know, the host guy was overlooking everyone, spawn-killing us with a grenade launcher. He had a k/d of like 10.04 so I figured he was the kind of pathetic piece of sh*t that just hosted these '10.000.000 rp' lobbies, entrapped retards like myself and whore'd kills just cause. Best solution atm is just to leave and message the host reminding him how f*cking worthless he truly is.

But on topic, I have no idea OP. Lol, just googled it and my first result was your exact post here, on rockstar support. You'll probably get better responses there. I believe there is an option somewhere to turn off player content. If there's not, then there really should be.

• Tonkow likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

you can on xbox but not on playstation

FAT CURRY
  • FAT CURRY

Benefactor Collector

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:33 AM Edited by FAT CURRY, 02 August 2014 - 09:34 AM.

There isn't a way, no.

There are a lot of terrible custom races and deathmatches, so a lot of people would like the ability to block them.  I don't think it will happen, and I myself enjoy making races - nobody would ever join if that option became available!

I do think they should add the ability to block specific jobs though.  In the same way that you can bookmark jobs, you should be able to blacklist a certain job.  You would still receive invites on your phone, but will never be put into that lobby when you select 'Quick Race/Deathmatch/etc'.  Because I'd also like to 'block' certain races like Criminal Records.  That's how I'd like to see it happen, but again, I don't think it will.  It's a bit too negative and cynical: "Hey guys, we have a new update for you - You now have the ability to NOT do certain jobs!" :)

(Edit) I posted before I saw that last reply...

I believe there is an option somewhere to turn off player content

you can on xbox

How?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

xbox settings, privacy, custom, member content, blocked
  • CyborgZombieJesus, FAT CURRY and KronicKapture like this

sultangris