Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Ak47 master race.

• TheBigMish96 likes this

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by factoryfreshfishfap, 02 August 2014 - 10:21 PM.

My beef with the weapons/shooting had always been the damage and accuracy. A pump-shotgun firing buckshot with a 18-20 inch barrel (like the pump shotgun in GTA) doesn't have an 8 ft. diameter spread at 25 feet away, more like 1 ft. spread at that distance. Makes the shotgun pretty worthless unless you're close enough to just hit them with it anyway.

And it may have more to do with R*'s Hulk-strength NPC's than anything, but I have to shoot Lost bikers 10-11 times with the heavy pistol before they die. Even with stupid amounts of health, it shouldn't take 11 .45's to kill a meth-head biker...11 .45 rounds is enough to kill a Michael Myers AND a moose!

The range on the special carbine and the accuracy on the advanced rifle are only a tiny bit above the pistols...and that's just f**king silly. I think maybe the folks at R* aren't sure what range and accuracy are, because ANY rifle is so much more accurate and effective over longer distances than a pistol it's incomparable. I know John McClane can shoot a power line that's 2 inches around from about 100 feet away (or about 60 when the camera angle changes) while talking without moving his lips, but he's fictional AND he's John McClane, that's a singular advantage...
  • XXCrimsonXX, ten-a-penny and TheBigMish96 like this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

I dont know about anyone else but today im really enjoying the auto aim aiming at the sky in the middle of a Deathmatch.
Thats the new cool thing happening. Someone crosses my line of sight, i aim, the gun points at the sky, i die.
Nice, great way to treat the DM veterans.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

Accuracy only matter in AA and it's BECAUSE if the aimbot. Your in control of your own accuracy in free aim.

If you notice, there is a stat for "counter attacks" :p

Holy f*ck your dumb.

1. That first statement needs no ridicule from me. It's beyond anything I could make fun of it for.

2. Counterattacks are melee counters.

3. See 1&2 and think reeeeaally hard about your thought process. Whatever small process that might be.
  • Magick and ten-a-penny like this

XXCrimsonXX
  • XXCrimsonXX

Potato

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Oh don't forget the ridiculous render range of enemy players in your snipers scope too. Completely atrocious. 

Obviously
  • Obviously

Soul Link

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Everyone uses the assault shotgun away.

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

Right on. Gta has never been known for it's accurate targeting system. To date I say this wasn't isn't too bad. It's just the accuracy of NPC's that bugs the Hell out of me. 

The amount of times an NPC has killed me with full health and armour with perhaps 2 shots from a pistol when I haven't even clocked them yet is rediculous. Worse if its within the first 5 mins of a mission and you have to endure watching everyone else for the next 20 minutes because the first team life was lost when someone fell off their Sanchez and was ran over.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

TheBigMish96
  • TheBigMish96

Godfather

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:49 AM Edited by TheBigMish96, 03 August 2014 - 08:56 AM.

Ah the new players who aren't used to traditional gta shooting mechanics :'). The trick to getting kills on rollers/runners is to aim slightly I front of them, fire rate doesn't matter if every shot hits, use the advanced reticule instead of that stupid inaccurate piece of sh*t dot and you should have a much more fun time

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

You say UZI is useless??

Oh dear no. Try blind shooting with it to a survival heli. Damage may not be high, but fire rate is like mini minigun.

For real!? MUST. TEST. NAW!! :devil:

TL;DR I never shot my mechanic, I mostly hit him with melee attacks. I miss johnny on the spot :(

Why are you even here?

Shooting the mechanic, the thread said. I never have. Why are any of us here?

This thread is about the SHOOTING MECHANICS. What does Johnny on The Spot has to do with this anyway?

Also, if you did read, you'll know what does this thread is about. But of course, because its so hard to read a line for children, you can't read it.

OT: Fully agree 100% spot on. I'm yet to see a game that has better shooting mechanism like Doom.

Also, I think you should add a TL;DR so the children/noobs who lack the ability to read won't brag about TO LANG DEDENT REED bullsh*t. (I did read your post)

Jags666
  • Jags666

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

TL;DR I never shot my mechanic, I mostly hit him with melee attacks. I miss johnny on the spot :(

Why are you even here?

Shooting the mechanic, the thread said. I never have. Why are any of us here?

You obviously didn't bother to read any of the other posts discussing the topic of the original OP either. Doh!

Jags666
  • Jags666

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:26 AM Edited by Jags666, 03 August 2014 - 10:27 AM.

I must admit, I'm not too bothered by the shooting mechanics in the game. I predominately use the Heavy Pistol, Combat MG and Bulpup for pretty much everything. I occasionally use the Auto shotgun but only for it's rate of fire.

I tend to stay in AA but don't just point and shoot. Yes, I use the AA to lock on but move up for the head shot as some have stated in a previous posts, it's not the first one to fire who always wins.

Maintaining the lock on a rolling target would just negate the point of rolling. However, the over use of this function can be really annoying just like people who solely use RPGs and Grenade Launchers in DMs.

Sneaky-Salsa
  • Sneaky-Salsa

PLAYER F**KIN HATER

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

ide more than happily convert to free aim, but 99 percent of the lobbies i get put into are empty and its the same with jobs, all empty because of free aim. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users