Photo

Triggering the Ringing-Ears effect?

5 replies to this topic
InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:58 AM

Has anyone found a way to trigger the ringing-ears effect?

If you do not know what this is, it is the effect you hear when an explosion happens in close proximity to the camera.
A high pitched ringing sound plays and all other sounds are muffled for a short amount of time.

I'm trying to trigger this effect without hearing or seeing an explosion.

AgentWD40
  • AgentWD40

GLITCHED

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by hardsty1e, 06 August 2014 - 05:02 PM.

ADD_EXPLOSION ( X , Y , Z , Expolsion Type , Radius , Audible , Invisible , Camera Shake );

maybe setting add_explosion radius to 0.0 & audible false then invisble true to see if it triggers ears ring.

or try using "PLAY_SOUND, PLAY_SOUND_FROM_PED" natives to find the ringing file sound. here's the sound list - https://docs.google....0tTU0YxZE0/edit

and last thing you can do if all else fails is play wav file from script...

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by InfamousSabre, 06 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

ADD_EXPLOSION ( X , Y , Z , Expolsion Type , Radius , Audible , Invisible , Camera Shake );

maybe setting add_explosion radius to 0.0 & audible false then invisble true to see if it triggers ears ring.

or try using "PLAY_SOUND, PLAY_SOUND_FROM_PED" natives to find the ringing file sound. here's the sound list - https://docs.google....0tTU0YxZE0/edit

and last thing you can do if all else fails is play wav file from script...

Yeah, unfortunately I've tried both those things and neither of them work right =\

the first one, if it isn't audible, of course the effect doesn't trigger because there is no sound to hear
the second only plays the sound. It does not muffle the other sounds, which is most important.
I have a feeling its an audio event, but I haven't been able to find it.

My last resort would be to find an explosion sound that isn't used in free-roam and mute it. the game wont know the sound file is just silence.

jenksta
  • jenksta

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

If you can tell me what explosion types cause this sound e.t.c. so I have a way to reproduce it I can have a look into it and see if I can find a way to do it.

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

rocket launcher should trigger it or a car blowing up

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by InfamousSabre, 07 August 2014 - 03:27 PM.

If you can tell me what explosion types cause this sound e.t.c. so I have a way to reproduce it I can have a look into it and see if I can find a way to do it.

rocket launcher should trigger it or a car blowing up

yup. real easy to reproduce by making yourself invincible, standing on a vehicle and blowing it up.

ExplosionType enum only has 0, 1, and 2 values, but here are the values I've found so far that cause the effect:

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14

Here's my little test script

public class ExText : Script
    {
        int extype = 0;
        public ExTest()
        {
            BindKey(Keys.Y, () =>
            {
                Game.DisplayText(extype.ToString());
                World.AddExplosion(Game.CurrentCamera.Position, (ExplosionType)extype, 0f, true, true, 0f);
                extype++;
            });
        }
    }

When testing, for some reason, the ringing wouldn't play, but the deafening effect still happened which is the important part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users