Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Year You want the Next GTA Set in?

45 replies to this topic

Poll: What Decade You Want the Next GTA set in? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

What Year You want the Next GTA Set in?

1. 50's (1 votes [2.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

2. 60's (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 70's (17 votes [44.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

4. 80's (3 votes [7.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

5. 90's (2 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

6. 2000's (1 votes [2.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

7. Modern Day (14 votes [36.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote
SweetToadette01
  • SweetToadette01

SweetToadette01 and SweetBitty05 Met Together!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by jay1993, 04 August 2014 - 11:40 PM.

I Determine about GTA VI to Be Set from the Late 90's to Early 2000's. The Next GTA can Be set in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, or Modern Day. For Example, if You want the Next GTA set in San Fierro in the 70's, That can Be a Great Setting for the Next GTA.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

I'm all for the 1980s, or alternatively, an early 2000's one. But for the most part, a 1980s one.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

Sci-Fi,futuristic 2089 setting :p

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

Far Cry Blood Dragon style

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by zuckmeslow, 02 August 2014 - 03:10 AM.

i want to say modern day but unfortunately today's society is so screwed up. 

one thing that annoyed my in gta v was how every pedestrian was on their phones. i dont want to deal with that so ill say any time period that does not have stupid references to hipsters or the economy or politics or healthcare. 

f*ck the 2010's ill take a 60's 70's 80's and 90's gta any day. 

i would love a gta game set in the mid 90's in new york city. it would be beautiful to see the twin towers in a game, thats why i loved driver parallel lines except it took place in the 70's. 

• ObsydianRaven, universetwisters, matajuegos01 and 1 other like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

#SmokeHasRisen

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Somewhere between the 70s and the mid 2000s.

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

San Fierro, 60s or 70s.

:3

Legalize-Marijuana.jpg

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

any time period that does not have stupid references to hipsters or the economy or politics or healthcare. 

Right, because those are only problems of modern day... You seriously think that a game set in the 80's wouldn't have references to politics or the economy? Because Vice City sure as sh*t had those. As would a game set in the 70s, 60s, etc. And you can just replace hipster with yuppie or hippie or whatever.

Also, the world of today really isn't all that more screwed up than the world of before. It might be screwed up in different ways, but it's not really worse.

OT: Anything we haven't seen would be cool. 80s in LC would be neat.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

80's in las venturas, 90's vice city, 70's lc, modern day san fierro

• SweetToadette01 likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

I know it's not the most popular opinion, but I would like to see another modern day GTA. I don't know why people bitch and moan about references to politics and what not as you're going to get that in any decade.

One reason I hope it stays modern is the integration of modern technology such as the internet and mobile phones.

If I had to choose another period it would be the 70s otherwise I want it to be modern. Perhaps modern Boston with a The Departed influence.
  • Journey_95 likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Depends on what ''next'' GTA you are talking about. If it is the next MAIN title GTA, wich will be GTA VI. If so, then I am all for modern day setting, simply because I think R* should focus on the modern society in the main title GTA games, but if you are talking about the very next GTA game, wich might be A spin-off, then I am for the 70's. I think the 70's atmosphere would be awesome for a GTA spin off. 

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

I don't know why people talk about spin off GTA so much. Besides LCS, and VCS there were no other spin offs and we know why they did it with PSP being a hit and a game already made, it was just business and easy money.

I'd definitely like a 70's GTA. We've never been there in GTA, or in any open world game (no, I simply don't take Driver PL seriously), and there's a lot to there that can allow Rockstar to create that era specific atmosphere that was in VC and SA. Some great music, clothing, slang.. and there are a lot of movies set in that time which can be used as inspiration since Rockstar loves doing that.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

I don't know why people talk about spin off GTA so much. Besides LCS, and VCS there were no other spin offs and we know why they did it with PSP being a hit and a game already made, it was just business and easy money.

I'd definitely like a 70's GTA. We've never been there in GTA, or in any open world game (no, I simply don't take Driver PL seriously), and there's a lot to there that can allow Rockstar to create that era specific atmosphere that was in VC and SA. Some great music, clothing, slang.. and there are a lot of movies set in that time which can be used as inspiration since Rockstar loves doing that.

GTA SA and VC are spin offs, so is LCS VCS, TLAD, London 1961, London 1961, and TBOGT. all the GTA's except for the main title ones are considered spin offs. Although because off Vice city and san andreas' critical acclaim, alot of people think that does 2 are a part of the main series, wich is incorrect. GTA Cinatown wars is for nintendo, so I don't know if it can be considered a spin off, but I don't doubt it. 

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

definitely modern day I love how the HD era games take place in our time and I want it to stay that way!

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

It all depends on the location, but I would really like to see something fresh for once. I'm tired of the present day setting, which we are given in IV and V, not only because third game set in the same time will be simply boring, but also because of the satire getting weaker with every iteration. Present day world is almost a parody of itself, so there is not much to make jokes from. 

• Dope_0110 likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

GTA SA and VC are spin offs, so is LCS VCS, TLAD, London 1961, London 1961, and TBOGT. all the GTA's except for the main title ones are considered spin offs. Although because off Vice city and san andreas' critical acclaim, alot of people think that does 2 are a part of the main series, wich is incorrect. GTA Cinatown wars is for nintendo, so I don't know if it can be considered a spin off, but I don't doubt it. 

I forgot about CW, but both Londons, as wells as TLAD and TBOGT are expansions (stand alone or not, that's what they're regarded as), but VC and SA was what I was definitely aiming for. Those games can't be called a spin off in any possible way. Just because people are used to getting things in 1,2,3,4,5... fashion and are baffled when it's not like that, doesn't make it a spin off.
A spin off is a product made ''on the side'' meaning it doesn't have much to do with the main series either in regard to the story (like a movie/game about a certain character who's a side character in the main series), or in video game industry it's often about the platform, with spin-off games usually being on ''weaker'' platforms such as handheld consoles and phones. But VC and SA are as much main titles as 1,2,3,4 and 5 are.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

San Fierro, 60s or 70s.

:3
Legalize-Marijuana.jpg

I'm with ya on that one.
  • Kafonix likes this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

One reason I hope it stays modern is the integration of modern technology such as the internet and mobile phones.

You are some troll.

samuels47385
  • samuels47385

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Modern day, but a GTA set in the 1970s would be an interesting change.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'm afraid R* won't make GTA in other era than modern because they are keen on in-game internet, smartphones and other stupid stuff...

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by zuckmeslow, 04 August 2014 - 12:14 AM.

any time period that does not have stupid references to hipsters or the economy or politics or healthcare. 

Right, because those are only problems of modern day... You seriously think that a game set in the 80's wouldn't have references to politics or the economy? Because Vice City sure as sh*t had those. As would a game set in the 70s, 60s, etc. And you can just replace hipster with yuppie or hippie or whatever.

Also, the world of today really isn't all that more screwed up than the world of before. It might be screwed up in different ways, but it's not really worse.

OT: Anything we haven't seen would be cool. 80s in LC would be neat.

i dont care if other time periods had yuppie, hippie or whatever as you say. i live in 2014. i go outside i am surrounded by hipsters and swagfags. why the hell would i want to play a video game that shoves that in my face again. i play games to escape not to be reminded of what i hate in society. i dont see any hippies or yuppies when i walk outside. 

and all the sh*tty ass politics and scumbag moves that sue murray and jock cranley had going back and forth was extremely annoying.

gta v talk show radio stations felt like it was nothing but

"im a liberal" 

you are a liberal"

"you are not a liberal"

"liberal"

"liberal media"

"they are not liberal"

"millennial" 

"ifruit"

"liberals"

it becomes extremely fatiguing when you listen to that sh*t.  its very funny, entertaining and engrossing to listen and be surrounded by a culture that is of a different time period than the one you are in. vice city, san andreas, red dead redemption. la noir, even gta 3. different time periods than when released. even gta 4 was tame with the constant reminders of society at the time of release. 

• universetwisters likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:17 AM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 04 August 2014 - 12:21 AM.

i live in 2014. i go outside i am surrounded by hipsters and swagfags. why the hell would i want to play a video game that shoves that in my face again.

That's just true. And in GTA V they showed it in more annoying way than it is in reality, awful.

Oh, and BTW:

Sci-Fi,futuristic 2089 setting

That would be the worst thing that could happen to this series.

• Kafonix likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

...even gta 3. 

I know GTA 3 took place in the year it was released, but I don't think it was heavy on trying to be funny. Not once did I hear one political joke about conservatives or liberals. Matter of fact, closest thing to that I can think of is the Maibatsu Monstrosity commercial and how the early 2000's were when those bigass SUVs started coming out. And even then, that's hardly a parody.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

All they did in GTA III was show the world in funny way, not making stupid, awful jokes about it. And these political aspect, maybe it would be funny for me if i were American?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

All they did in GTA III was show the world in funny way, not making stupid, awful jokes about it. And these political aspect, maybe it would be funny for me if i were American?

I'm American and even though I'm not very politically minded, the only thing I get from the jokes are that the conservatives are illiterate, racist, gun-toting rednecks. The Liberals, on the other hand, are whining, politically correct ninnies. You're not missing much.

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

not even, politics in gta v come across as a poor skit written by a late night talk show host. they were not funny. wich is a shame because i actually thought the healthcare segments from the lazlow show in gta 4 where hilarious. but in v its literally every station, politics, discussions of liberals, the immigration laws. everything should be in moderation.

look at judge grady from gta 4, hilarious and smart. a parody on all the tv judge shows.

but in v we dont have a parody of the funny stuff, we have a parody of the annoying stuff.

this is pretty funny and not annoying

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

The 70's would be interesting to see.
Though it's always funny to see people complaining about modern society. Yeah because the 50's or 60's were so much better. If you weren't a minority.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:54 AM

Though it's always funny to see people complaining about modern society. Yeah because the 50's or 60's were so much better. If you weren't a minority.

It's not social issues itself we're annoyed by, but rather that social issues are the only things the game uses as a medium for humor.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:04 AM

It's not social issues itself we're annoyed by, but rather that social issues are the only things the game uses as a medium for humor.

Oh I wasn't just talking about real life, but when people in the games do it, too. Even VC for instance parodied 80's society issues. But I agree that the humor needs to be more original next time.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Oh I wasn't just talking about real life, but when people in the games do it, too. Even VC for instance parodied 80's society issues. But I agree that the humor needs to be more original next time.

The thing about Vice City was that it did those jokes in moderation, such as the "invading soviets" gimmick on the Ammu-Nation commercials and I believe it being mentioned by Pastor Richards on VCPR, and that was cool and it was tolerable, especially seeing as the bulk of the game didn't throw the same "hurr soviets r gunna invade lol" line at you every time you turn the radio on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users