This game brings out the worst in me

36 replies to this topic
JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I find myself getting killed once by someone, and I respond by killing them endlessly until they leave the session, whereupon I go full CoDFag and yell "GET REKT" or something along those lines. It's only this game that does this to me, And generally I despise these kinds of people

Does anyone else get that from this game? 

• rickreim, Awesom-0 and ls_stories like this

Kausus
  • Kausus

ssshhhh.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

You're not alone.

• rickreim likes this

G o d
  • G o d

The Creator Of Everything

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

Yeah. I cant help it

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

The "Ambitious" One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hell yea i hated when there are times where im just minding my own business and some douche decides to want to stalk me and kills me. Im usually cool until provoked and then i can get downright nasty. But its only when im in a bad mood but most of the time i just look @ it as bad karma for all of the sh*t ive done to people online lol.
  • lihety and rickreim like this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

cool question bro http://gtaforums.com...ns-and-answers/

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Wait, isn't that what this game is about? I just drive around waiting for someone to shoot at me so I have an excuse to go full ape sh*t
  • Grimase, Kontoxis and Acrial like this

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I thought that thread was more for people who need help. Whereas here I don't need help, I just want to know how others play.

• RoachKiller_416 and tfroam like this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

Well, at least a video game brings that worst out of you, and not real life events. Yelling in public could be a bad idea, people would laugh and point.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

i think this games are designed to get the worst out of people.

its better to have people rage online in a game than rage in real life, where victims dont respawn!
  • saintsrow, MilezDawg, xoC18H21NO3xo and 5 others like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

This game doesn't. But it makes me feel really bad when I die.
  • saintsrow and lihety like this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by Flicksy, 01 August 2014 - 11:08 PM.

It depends. If I get killed once and the person leaves the area I just shrug and send a silly text like, "stop that young man."

However if the player sticks around I'll kill him

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Prankster

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

The time I get mad is when someone pisses me off, I decide to teach them a lesson, but then everything I do goes wrong and I just have awful coordination, awful luck, awful everything.

I'm pretty good at PVP but sometimes everything goes to s**t and I get really disgusted with myself.

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Swag is for kids. Class is for men.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

I love listening to those little kids almost crying just because they killed me once for every 5 deaths lol.

You kill me once and I will make sure to be your worst nightmare.

Or I'll just go if I don't wanna kill you...

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Wait, isn't that what this game is about? I just drive around waiting for someone to shoot at me so I have an excuse to go full ape sh*t

Since the "bold new direction" in GTA0 turned out to be nothing but a PvP twitch shooter hellhole with cars, yes, the nature of the game does not lead to a higher level of play, so we all are at our worst.  When two players meet, one dies.  There is no other possible interaction, nothing else to do. :(

I know Rockstar has tried hard to add all kinds of missions and activities and minigames, but they are all disjointed from the main free-roam game environment, and sadly, can't provide the strucutre needed for a richer, deeper level of interaction.   And don't get me started about racing, which is basically a rage machine.   :angry:

Such a lost opportunity in such a beautiful virtual world.  

And if you hang around the GTAV forums long enough, OP, you will find they also bring out the worst in people.   :p

zQUEENz
  • zQUEENz

zQueen MsBz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:42 AM

I find myself getting killed once by someone, and I respond by killing them endlessly until they leave the session, whereupon I go full CoDFag and yell "GET REKT" or something along those lines. It's only this game that does this to me, And generally I despise these kinds of people

Does anyone else get that from this game? 

I find myself in this situation, except I suck at gunfights. That's why I resorted to using God mode anytime I'm in free roam.

So if a douchebag wanna try to kill me for no reason while I'm minding my business, they'll get a nasty surprise.

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

I love how in a game where you can kill other players for no reason other than being in the same free roam as you, you get labeled a douche for doing such. smh

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Since the "bold new direction" in GTA0 turned out to be nothing but a PvP twitch shooter hellhole with cars, yes, the nature of the game does not lead to a higher level of play, so we all are at our worst.  When two players meet, one dies.  There is no other possible interaction, nothing else to do. :(

I know Rockstar has tried hard to add all kinds of missions and activities and minigames, but they are all disjointed from the main free-roam game environment, and sadly, can't provide the strucutre needed for a richer, deeper level of interaction.   And don't get me started about racing, which is basically a rage machine.   :angry:

And if you hang around the GTAV forums long enough, OP, you will find they also bring out the worst in people.   :p

Yes, in the two weeks I've been here, a lot of bad people, while still a lot of good people. 

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

Everyone on here is a pro elete special force SAS trained terminator once someone killed them.

They must all have immense superior skillz to these that killed them, wow they must have f*cked with the wrong people.

I bet they really regret it.

Tell me, what happens when one of you eletes meet another? Black hole effect?
  • saintsrow, a20characterusername, nanderson187 and 1 other like this

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

Everyone on here is a pro elete special force SAS trained terminator once someone killed them.

They must all have immense superior skillz to these that killed them, wow they must have f*cked with the wrong people.

I never meant to sound like I was supreme badass of GTA online, There are many people that are much better than me, it just seems they aren't the "Shoot on sight" type.

Cippy91
  • Cippy91

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

Lol

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

Same here. This sh*t happens too often smh.

MOA WINGS
  • MOA WINGS

DIY Vehicle Mechanic

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

i adore how irrelevent this is.

ontopic: I absolutely despise those who kill me then run off to the edges of hell and back to avoid me like they didn't see it coming.

thankfully i'm good in a jet so these sh*tstains can't hide in many places.

• Semperfiman550 likes this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

I don't know what you mean I free roam all the time and just chill with people, no killing no nothing

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

The Content Creator & Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

Yeah I have these problems sometimes when some c*ntface in a super car drives in front of me and chucks sticky bombs at me. Then drives away and hides on a rooftop.
  • JohndamnTravolta likes this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

ontopic: I absolutely despise those who kill me then run off to the edges of hell and back to avoid me like they didn't see it coming.

thankfully i'm good in a jet so these sh*tstains can't hide in many places.

A'men to that

Godovermoney
  • Godovermoney

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

I'm just like you OP. In fact me, and my crew go to lobbies for just that. But that's one of the points of the game. If you're not in a crew, we're called Da First 48

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:31 AM

The overwhelming majority of shoot on sight scrubs in free roam are f*cking awful at the game, running out across the middle of the road while I'm clearly in cover with an angle on them, very rarely do you come up against a competent player who goes around killing people minding their own business.

• Godovermoney likes this

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

I'm just like you OP. In fact me, and my crew go to lobbies for just that. But that's one of the points of the game. If you're not in a crew, we're called Da First 48

Yeah, I'm in a crew. Just the other night actually, we had our weekly meetings, and we all ended up in one session, so we got everyone in a Titan and parachuted down onto some poor guy, about 11 of us against 2 of them, lol.

Darth_Zannah
  • Darth_Zannah

Sith'ari

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

I don't get mad at all. The opposing person usually gets pretty upset when I start saying nice things on the mic. "Ahh man. Good aim dude." Responses are usually pretty colorful. I was singing this song earlier and I had some black kid yelling at me and calling me gay. It hurt my feelings. Uncultured youth. 

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

I don't get mad at all. The opposing person usually gets pretty upset when I start saying nice things on the mic. "Ahh man. Good aim dude." Responses are usually pretty colorful. I was singing this song earlier and I had some black kid yelling at me and calling me gay. It hurt my feelings. Uncultured youth. 

Generally I'll say the same things, as long as someone doesn't blow me up, I give them respect if they kill me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users