» «
Photo

Advice on container ramps plz

16 replies to this topic
Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by Flukey, 01 August 2014 - 09:31 PM.

I want to make a straight container ramp on a race I'm working on but I just can't get the switching method to work for me. I cant even get the first container on the ramp. I've studied UnspokenOuch and other YouTube videos about using cement bags to switch and I just can't do it. Does anybody have a detailed link or advice for me? Am I just doing it wrong?

mechluvin89psn
  • mechluvin89psn

The One and Only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

its pretty easy bro its just a timing thing, you also have to make sure the prop has already been placed and picked back up same as any stacking. the prop has to show as purple before you try to switch, if the concrete bag doesnt work for you try a money bag in the same category as the floatpiles. it allows for a little more adjustment and is much smaller so is easier to place. add me on ps3 and ill try to explain better on mic

• Flukey likes this

hyperkane
  • hyperkane

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by hyperkane, 02 August 2014 - 06:42 AM.

Also, it doesn't work after a certain degree of incline. Yes, the money stack works good. Sometimes spin a prop to try and find a sweet spot. Once the prop is established, pick it up and put it down a couple times before switching. Also, sometimes when I link containers the ramp has undriveable bumps due to a shift up with each container. This has caused me to build a few from top to bottom. There are several ways to do this. I still learn a new trick every week.

Plus, it's sometimes hard to find that spot if your stacking. It helps to check the entire surface of the bottom prop to learn it's sweet spot. I usually find them near the edges.

• Flukey likes this

mechluvin89psn
  • mechluvin89psn

The One and Only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

after a certain angle you have to do the "move it real quick and hope it sticks" method, i personally hate when it gets to that point lol. you can use a large ramp and put the container on the very bottom edge to start the ramp with containers stuck in the ground rather than having to place a ramp before them

• Flukey likes this

Leeds-Monkey
  • Leeds-Monkey

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

• Flukey likes this

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by Flukey, 02 August 2014 - 07:51 PM.

Thanks meckluvin I'll try that, I'll add you but I don't have a mic

This is the video I found but I couldn't even stack the first ramp lol

Edit: thanks to you guys my ramp is slowly but surely on its way (its a big one) everytime I get a container to stick its like a hurray! moment. I envy any of you who find this easy.
  • hyperkane likes this

juicy_fun
  • juicy_fun

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

Can't do it neither. Almost gave up and will stick with good oldfashioned ramps. :)
  • Flukey likes this

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by Flukey, 02 August 2014 - 11:54 PM.

Mines actually on the way. I followed the simple tips from the guys on the thread. Originally the mistake I was making was that I wasn't double checking the cement bags were still placable by actually placing them a couple times before switching to the container. Sometimes the cement bags are purple but when you click to place they won't so the switching is a waste of time.

After placing the cement bags/money crates a couple times before attempting the switch, my ramp is slowly taking shape. Its still a tedious process though. I'm probably still doing something wrong because its taking me ages to get each container to stick :(
  • juicy_fun likes this

Leeds-Monkey
  • Leeds-Monkey

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

http://youtu.be/wYCC...8CF7PFOB0PYxw8Q

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Thanks everyone. I made my ramp check it PS3 http://socialclub.ro...lA?platformId=2

It took me a long time. I built it from bottom to top and then deleted the lower containers and built it again from top to bottom.

Its still bumpy but the bumps are step downs rather than steps up. Any advice how I can smooth it out?

I might try it again when I've got the patience lol.

SbrbnHstlr
  • SbrbnHstlr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

It takes quite some time to perfect the timing.
I personally prefer the item swap method unless I'm building a loop, at some point you end up switching to the slide method.

Eventually it will become easier.
I can now successfully stack or item swap 50% of the time. First creation took me hours, now I can whip ramps together in minutes.
  • Flukey likes this

Leeds-Monkey
  • Leeds-Monkey

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

just made my first youtube video, shows how to build ramps using the barrier construction fence.

• Flukey, juicy_fun and hyperkane like this

mechluvin89psn
  • mechluvin89psn

The One and Only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

played your race with the container ramp, it was a bit bumpy but that doesnt make it a bad thing it adds to the challenge of the map. was good fun i bookmarked it to play again later. very amusing trying to dodge the cops while still lining up to hit the ramp . if you get the first of the ramp right it doesnt seem bumpy. just depends how you hit it. altogether well done on making a ramp to jump zancudo. i tried but didnt think to make it straight rather than curved. i used the ramp in the container method

• Flukey likes this

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Glad you enjoyed it. I've tried making the ramp smoother but I just can't get my head around it. Stuff on YouTube explains much shorter ramps, nothing explaining a ramp as big as this. I've seen smooth ramps this size but with no explanation of how to smooth them out.

Thinking about making the race completable in a jet. It would be awesome to have low flying jets v supercars.

hyperkane
  • hyperkane

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

You can link 3 containers together and remove the middle one. It now serves no purpose. If you have one hovering in mid air and you link one to each end now those are both at an even level. Remove the middle one and voila'. Don't ask me more because I am just now learning this method.  :p

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Yeh but surely you can only do this once to have 2 level containers. When you try repeating the method the next 3 containers are out of whack.

I've even actually had a pencil and paper out trying to suss it out lol.

hyperkane
  • hyperkane

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by hyperkane, 04 August 2014 - 05:20 PM.

I ain't that far along, but it seems to me that it is possible. I don't know for sure though.   :blink:

BTW. I linked your race last night. I'm about to try it. Also, my Wingmaster 2 has a pretty unique ending. Human flying into a wall of breakable dynamic props crossing the finish line. Trying to incorporate this into more of my "races".

• Flukey likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users