» «
Photo

Do you really think that the connection problems come from internet pl

81 replies to this topic
sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by sultangris, 02 August 2014 - 09:11 PM.

Sometimes the lobby lags beyond belief, but that's very rarely. What Rockstar should do is implement dedicated servers. This is free advice Rockstar. You have my full permission and consent to implement this into the game.

I do not understand how they can have servers unstable with all the billions they
Take Two (parent company to R*) made a billion, not R*. R* was paid salaries, and money from cash card sales are funding future projects and updates.

Anyone complaining R* made billions is talking out of ignorance. Do a little research before making unsubstantiated statements.

OT - I have phenomenal internet and never freeze or get connection messages, im going to say its your connection. Or you have a dirty ass console you have never opened and cleaned.
I don't give a f*ck if they made 2 billion or lost 2 billion, they created the issue in a patch. I have phenomenal Internet as well, constant connection issues after patch, none before it. What does this tell us? Zero doubt the patch caused it. If you never freeze or get connection errors you must not play often or with any others because EVERYONE sees them. No f*cking way you have never had anyone time out to a job or session you've played in if you've played online more then 5 minutes with other players. In the future please try to refrain from posting such stupid useless information when you have zero clue what you're taking about. Thanks.
Lol, literally nothing you said changed or addressed any of my statement. I can guaruntee my playtime trumps yours, and no i never freeze or timeout. Ever.

I was correcting idiot-sanchez's moronic statement about the billion profit, and went on to state my personal freezing status. Im sure you are just spouting troll-drivel, but exactly what piece of information was incorrect? I mean you would have no frame of reference for my freezing, and what i said about the profits is factual. So, you are just a sad angry troll then?
As I said the profits are irrelevant.

This game doesn't have servers, it's peer to peer.

I have 2 consoles and I've tested extensively on other isp connections with both consoles even formating opening ports full dmz among other things and nothing on my end of the connection causes the issues, all issues start/end with a patch release.

Start looking at joined players info, cancel out and go back in a few times while people come and go and start reporting cheaters in free mode, you'll freeze lol.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Your grasp of the language you are using is tenuous at best. If you have nothing of substance to say i think we are done here. Reading your incoherent bs hurts my brain lol.

So I can then interpret your sentence like this: I have more arguments in stock. I admit being wrong secretly without showing. And i take leak
PS : If I did not know the language, many people have accused me of being incoherent. But there is only you who reproach me this. As for bugs Connection LOL.

It is obvious you have the mental fortitude and grasp of technical programing needed to diagnose and treat network issues, im sure the people that created the programs typed at a 3rd grade level as well.

Sometimes the lobby lags beyond belief, but that's very rarely. What Rockstar should do is implement dedicated servers. This is free advice Rockstar. You have my full permission and consent to implement this into the game.

I do not understand how they can have servers unstable with all the billions they
Take Two (parent company to R*) made a billion, not R*. R* was paid salaries, and money from cash card sales are funding future projects and updates.

Anyone complaining R* made billions is talking out of ignorance. Do a little research before making unsubstantiated statements.

OT - I have phenomenal internet and never freeze or get connection messages, im going to say its your connection. Or you have a dirty ass console you have never opened and cleaned.
I don't give a f*ck if they made 2 billion or lost 2 billion, they created the issue in a patch. I have phenomenal Internet as well, constant connection issues after patch, none before it. What does this tell us? Zero doubt the patch caused it. If you never freeze or get connection errors you must not play often or with any others because EVERYONE sees them. No f*cking way you have never had anyone time out to a job or session you've played in if you've played online more then 5 minutes with other players. In the future please try to refrain from posting such stupid useless information when you have zero clue what you're taking about. Thanks.
Lol, literally nothing you said changed or addressed any of my statement. I can guaruntee my playtime trumps yours, and no i never freeze or timeout. Ever.

I was correcting idiot-sanchez's moronic statement about the billion profit, and went on to state my personal freezing status. Im sure you are just spouting troll-drivel, but exactly what piece of information was incorrect? I mean you would have no frame of reference for my freezing, and what i said about the profits is factual. So, you are just a sad angry troll then?

I have 2 consoles and I've tested extensively on other isp connections with both consoles even formating opening ports full dmz among other things and nothing on my end of the connection causes the issues, all issues start/end with a patch release.

Start looking at joined players info, cancel out and go back in a few times while people come and go and start reporting cheaters in free mode, you'll freeze lol.

Playing since launch, no freezing.

Why are you quoting comments you are not responding to? Needless spam, if your comment does not directly relate/reply, just use reply instead of quote.

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Your grasp of the language you are using is tenuous at best. If you have nothing of substance to say i think we are done here. Reading your incoherent bs hurts my brain lol.

So I can then interpret your sentence like this: I have more arguments in stock. I admit being wrong secretly without showing. And i take leak
PS : If I did not know the language, many people have accused me of being incoherent. But there is only you who reproach me this. As for bugs Connection LOL.

It is obvious you have the mental fortitude and grasp of technical programing needed to diagnose and treat network issues, im sure the people that created the programs typed at a 3rd grade level as well.

Playing since launch, no freezing.

Why are you quoting comments you are not responding to? Needless spam, if your comment does not directly relate/reply, just use reply instead of quote.

You too, you haven't answered my questions and you decided to finish this debate with reviews on my expression. You are unable to make a review on this point.

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

I can't see how my internet is blame, Fiber optic 75meg+, i can download 1.5 gig of data in under 3 minutes, stream HD movies no problem, but GTAO Lags out... No other game, but GTAO... Hymmm i wonder what that is then !!!!!!!!!!!!

Alarming
  • Alarming

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by Alarming, 03 August 2014 - 02:24 PM.

I can't see how my internet is blame, Fiber optic 75meg+, i can download 1.5 gig of data in under 3 minutes, stream HD movies no problem, but GTAO Lags out... No other game, but GTAO... Hymmm i wonder what that is then !!!!!!!!!!!!

Many millions sold, affects very little. If it was widespread, thousands of sites would have it. News would show it, competitors would keep it in the news to embarrasses them.
  • Cokecan72 and Roronoa Zoro like this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

Agent Sanchez finally has a topic that didn't get locked! Way to go!

On Topic:

Last problem I had was when my friend hosted our missions. His connections is terrible. We tell him he is no longer allowed to be host but he still tries anyway. He gets lagged out and either the mission fails from some huge lag spike based on his connection ending.

If I host, he just falls out of the mission and comes back 5min later spectating. Two issues here. For 1. His modem resets roughly every 15min while he plays and this ONLY happens while playing GTA Online. And 2. His disc now has a read error because Rockstar thinks this game HAS to spin in the disc tray. So if you play for hours on end your Xbox will get very hot and the disc just keeps on scratching itself up by spinning on a hard plastic surface.

Remember how PS1 held the disc above the inside of the unit? Know why that stopped? The centers of discs were slightly wearing away but NO damage to the game itself. Video game companies make their games flimsy now so you HAVE to buy another copy once yours breaks. Just like when it comes out on the next console. Rockstar already said no digital upgrade system like on Battlefield. We gave them $60 once. Might as well rebuy the same game again, right?

Pathetic. I guess over a billion dollars can't make a company better. Only worse.

"You either die a reputable game company or live long enough to see yourself become EA."

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Agent Sanchez finally has a topic that didn't get locked! Way to go!

On Topic:

Last problem I had was when my friend hosted our missions. His connections is terrible. We tell him he is no longer allowed to be host but he still tries anyway. He gets lagged out and either the mission fails from some huge lag spike based on his connection ending.

If I host, he just falls out of the mission and comes back 5min later spectating. Two issues here. For 1. His modem resets roughly every 15min while he plays and this ONLY happens while playing GTA Online. And 2. His disc now has a read error because Rockstar thinks this game HAS to spin in the disc tray. So if you play for hours on end your Xbox will get very hot and the disc just keeps on scratching itself up by spinning on a hard plastic surface.

Remember how PS1 held the disc above the inside of the unit? Know why that stopped? The centers of discs were slightly wearing away but NO damage to the game itself. Video game companies make their games flimsy now so you HAVE to buy another copy once yours breaks. Just like when it comes out on the next console. Rockstar already said no digital upgrade system like on Battlefield. We gave them $60 once. Might as well rebuy the same game again, right?

Pathetic. I guess over a billion dollars can't make a company better. Only worse.

"You either die a reputable game company or live long enough to see yourself become EA."

We agree, for once! But that's not the only interesting topic that I created! I only had one topic locked since the beginning of my entry here.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

Since it's already been bumped, network issues were driving me nuts. Anyway I found a winning combo for me personally, and perhaps other people will see it and maybe something will help them. It doesn't effect everyone, so my only thought on this is there is something about the network gear and this game irritates it badly and has terrible error control ("oh I missed a packet, LET'S FREEZE" is not good error handling)

For "x minute disconnects" - disabled uPnP on router

For "big delay between continue and vote" - cleared system cache

For "network errors joining jobs" - manually port forwarded to console (On XBox this is UDP/TCP 3074 is all that's needed) 

For "freezing at random times on a regular basis" -  manual port forward as above.

For "can't access Rockstar game services" etc etc - check DNS settings, if set to the Google IPs, try Automatic again or the ones provided by your ISP

Now my game is super quick, no waiting, and lag free - but every other combination was causing me pain.

Other suggestions:

- DMZ (bit of a joke solution really)

- Direct to modem (as above)

- Disable SPI on router (some routers will identify the incoming packets as threats and drop them)

- Disable IPv6 (some routers have weird filtering issues)

As for heat -  I've had my GTA disk inside my Xbox since last year and it's in perfect condition still. 

Because of the heat issue the Xbox and PS3 have (small devices + lots of power), it's essential they be open-to-air and have unrestricted air flow. I had mine in a cabinet with a router on top for 30 minutes, and it melted the feet on the router, so yeah keep it open-air or you will get damaged disks and eventually system failure. I completely avoided the "RROD" on my Xbox 360 consoles by simply keeping them well ventilated (20Gb original + 2 x 250Gb Slims).

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

Since it's already been bumped, network issues were driving me nuts. Anyway I found a winning combo for me personally, and perhaps other people will see it and maybe something will help them. It doesn't effect everyone, so my only thought on this is there is something about the network gear and this game irritates it badly and has terrible error control ("oh I missed a packet, LET'S FREEZE" is not good error handling)

For "x minute disconnects" - disabled uPnP on router

For "big delay between continue and vote" - cleared system cache

For "network errors joining jobs" - manually port forwarded to console (On XBox this is UDP/TCP 3074 is all that's needed) 

For "freezing at random times on a regular basis" -  manual port forward as above.

For "can't access Rockstar game services" etc etc - check DNS settings, if set to the Google IPs, try Automatic again or the ones provided by your ISP

Now my game is super quick, no waiting, and lag free - but every other combination was causing me pain.

Other suggestions:

- DMZ (bit of a joke solution really)

- Direct to modem (as above)

- Disable SPI on router (some routers will identify the incoming packets as threats and drop them)

- Disable IPv6 (some routers have weird filtering issues)

As for heat -  I've had my GTA disk inside my Xbox since last year and it's in perfect condition still. 

Because of the heat issue the Xbox and PS3 have (small devices + lots of power), it's essential they be open-to-air and have unrestricted air flow. I had mine in a cabinet with a router on top for 30 minutes, and it melted the feet on the router, so yeah keep it open-air or you will get damaged disks and eventually system failure. I completely avoided the "RROD" on my Xbox 360 consoles by simply keeping them well ventilated (20Gb original + 2 x 250Gb Slims).

I appreciate your advice, but I have tried EVERYTHING! I know the problem is with updates/Servers Rockstar! I believe, like many other people! I never had a single connection problem / freeze on all the games I mentioned in my first post! And since the update 1.16 I receive more error messages than usual.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

Its obviously them. Even on the brand new console I got not 3 weeks ago suffers from freezing and lag on gta - no other game.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I think one of the big problems is with the speed and power of the consoles, when I play with my partner we are on the same lan, using a 3g connection to the Internet. We very rarely get disconnects of freezes. But when I play online with others I tend to get a high number of disconnects, especially in free roam, not so much on missions.

I think what can happen is when you have a full session with lots going on the console struggles to keep up and misses traffic on the network which causes the disconnect.

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

I think one of the big problems is with the speed and power of the consoles, when I play with my partner we are on the same lan, using a 3g connection to the Internet. We very rarely get disconnects of freezes. But when I play online with others I tend to get a high number of disconnects, especially in free roam, not so much on missions.

I think what can happen is when you have a full session with lots going on the console struggles to keep up and misses traffic on the network which causes the disconnect.

I highly doubt it! I think Rockstar is just trying to use the excuse that the consoles are, supposedly, not enough 'powerful' to manage the multiplayer to encourage us to buy two of the same game on next-gen soon, and I know they still use this excuse for the robberies.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

It's the game, not the consoles. It ran smooth as butter at patch 1.15. The game is just one big massive pile of broken coded crap because rockstar refuse to hire anyone outside the Taliban.

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

It's the game, not the consoles. It ran smooth as butter at patch 1.15. The game is just one big massive pile of broken coded crap because rockstar refuse to hire anyone outside the Taliban.

Rockstar refuse mainly to fix its servers of sh*t. And they prefer to blame our Consoles/Connections when you have Freezes/Error messages of Connection.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 26 August 2014 - 08:31 PM.

It's a mix of both the game and network.

The error handling is completely s**t and seems to have gotten a lot worse / more buggy after 1.16.

But if you get the network running perfectly - those errors don't happen.

R* still needs to look at this because the average console player likely doesn't know enough or care enough about networking (and nor should they)

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:29 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 26 August 2014 - 08:30 PM.

Double post, my bad

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

It's a mix of both the game and network.

The error handling is completely s**t and seems to have gotten a lot worse / more buggy after 1.16.

But if you get the network running perfectly - those errors don't happen.

R* still needs to look at this because the average console player likely doesn't know enough or care enough about networking (and nor should they)

I have a perfectly stable network, my friend! Many players GTA have no problem connecting to any other multiplayer game except GTA Online. This is weird! But I agree with you on one point: The last update 1.16 causes me a lot of disconnections and messages errors lately! My network has no problems yet, and the games I mentioned in my first post on this topic, I have no problem with the network over !

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

Same to you! This is proof that Rockstar should question

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by GR Choke, 31 October 2014 - 03:59 PM.

I have 2 xboxs

1 is wireless
1 is not wireless

The 1 that is not wireless takes ages to load in game, it says network error when i try hosting a job

The 1 that is wireless runs perfect

I dont know if its because the xbox that is not wireless is the old type that has not got built in wireless

cipher656
  • cipher656

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

It seems with every update it get's a little bit worse. The game i have issues with is gta. pro-evo, cod etc all run fine. The billions of pounds they made should of been invested in better servers.

Many millions sold, affects very little. If it was widespread, thousands of sites would have it. News would show it, competitors would keep it in the news to embarrasses them.

I'd love to see the news with the story about coding and connection issues. What f*cking world do you live in?

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

I want to upgrade my internet connection but sadly it's very expensive, and most people say the problem still persist.

But anyway, on certain patches the game didn't froze at all and everything was great, then we saw infinite loading screens, random freezing, insane lag spikes and connection errors. My internet provider is still the same, nothing has changed since the last year and sometimes works great but after an update it goes bad (These latest updates brought a lot of problems)

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

I want to upgrade my internet connection but sadly it's very expensive, and most people say the problem still persist.

But anyway, on certain patches the game didn't froze at all and everything was great, then we saw infinite loading screens, random freezing, insane lag spikes and connection errors. My internet provider is still the same, nothing has changed since the last year and sometimes works great but after an update it goes bad (These latest updates brought a lot of problems)

Yup, I asked my supplier to optimize my Internet connection! It cost me a bit expensive, but I hope that the results will match! My subscription will be renewed in a week, so I can test my new connection and I hope not to be disappointed! But I am convinced that the problem is updates of Rockstar because I have no problem with other games, and I know that Rockstar servers require a very good connection, yet my connection is very stable!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users