Photo

Do you really think that the connection problems come from internet pl

81 replies to this topic
gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:31 PM Edited by gorskiegangsta, 01 August 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Most definitely. If I go into an invite only session there is little to no lag. I have never froze or disconnected when playing unless I was in a public session.

There is no possible bug in a session on invitation. But in public session, everything changes! And this is what I not understand.
It's simple. The matchmaking is screwed. Occasional lag spikes are one thing - that is most likely 9/10 times a client side problem - but hangs and disconnects in between joining jobs and/or sessions is due to poor matchmaking - a server side problem. Some people (myself including) even freeze every time trying to host some high end jobs (e.g. Rooftop Rumble). I have a similar experience whereby starting in solo or invite only session most problems go away - even when joining/leaving random jobs - it rarely hangs or disconnects. So, it seems the problem is predominantly when joining/leaving jobs from/back to public sessions.

JakeHorgrove
  • JakeHorgrove

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:13 AM Edited by JakeHorgrove, 02 August 2014 - 01:15 AM.

When I try to join online when starting the game it tells me it failed to find a compatible game. When I finally get online I am always in a server by myself.

Anyone who thinks these problems are not rockstars fault is blind.

It's very unfortunate because I like the game. Hopefully they can get their sh*t together, but I'm not so sure judging by their poor customer service and failure to address these issues.
  • -Jacking- likes this

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Friendship is carrots. Hope you like carrots.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

I had no problems playing CoD, I had no problems playing Battlefield, I had no problems playing FIFA, but the only game that gave me connection issues was GTA Online.

I have a 50 Mb connection, with an average of 15 Mb download speed and 5 Mb upload speed. This was tested from my WiFi connected laptop, but I have my Xbox 360 plugged with an Ethernet cable right to the router. I didn't have problems either when I went to my village where I have a 10 Mb connection, so I think it's not player-related as Rockstar says, it's more like a server-related problem, and I think that Rockstar doesn't want to tell us because we will blame them for not fixing them in these 10 months that we've been playing the game.

• -Jacking- likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

I upgraded my internet. It's now three times as fast as it was since online went active in October.
I thought that would help but it really didn't. I'm still getting kicked off and the server issues still persist.
I'm hoping the upcoming patch fixes the server problems or when I go to PS4 the problems are corrected. One can only hope.

I doubt there will be changes on PS4. The problem will not be the next-gen console but just the R* servers ... 

You should keep your money for five years, when GTA VI comes out, or await the result of GTA V PS4 to see if it is worth the purchase

So hard to resist tho. lol.
The PS4 graphics already have me committed.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

When I try to join online when starting the game it tells me it failed to find a compatible game. When I finally get online I am always in a server by myself.

Anyone who thinks these problems are not rockstars fault is blind.

It's very unfortunate because I like the game. Hopefully they can get their sh*t together, but I'm not so sure judging by their poor customer service and failure to address these issues.

I hope so too. A few months ago I was on a Deathmatch tear! Right after Prison Thugz Fight was removed from the map, it was glorious.
Now, I'm lucky if I get in two decent DM's in one night...so disappointing.
I'll be logging in later tonight and I don't expect any different so I'm not excited as I used to be that's for sure.

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:37 AM

It is 100% rockstars fault. Anyone who says different should be suspected as a paid schill.

I have never had any issues even close to what happens on gtao and ive played online sincr ps2. Yah ps2 could run an online server more efficiently. I played everquest and socom on ps2 and never had as many connection issues. Its despicable, and fixable which makes it worse.
  • -Jacking- likes this

SecretDonkey14
  • SecretDonkey14

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

How many threads is this retard going to make about "the period of freezes"? Mods need to start locking these threads considering there are so many about the same sh*t.

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

How many threads is this retard going to make about "the period of freezes"? Mods need to start locking these threads considering there are so many about the same sh*t.

I'm sorry to hear this. But if this topic bothered really, I think it would locked long ago.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

True...

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

BF Surfers XBOX ONE/360

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by hei3enberg, 02 August 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Well, I've got 2 different ISPs at home.  One is reserve on wire that I often use for my xbox. And another through router with wi-fi. Guess what? Back in time I encountered similar problems on both data channels. After full reinstall of the game still no serious freezes or disconnects. 

That hypothesis of yours about channel issues is plausible. In some cases it is, at least. It all depends on the game's multiplayer architecture: is it P2P or cloud-server based, which I don't know. Theoretically, if it is PnP, there are host for the session and his network issues may be projected to you. But once again, it's only a basic theory. To prove anything one should  examine the traffic and protocols. 

Race-n-Chase
  • Race-n-Chase

Geobsedeerd.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:03 PM Edited by Race-n-Chase, 02 August 2014 - 07:06 PM.

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

Joining...

True...

Yes, it's terribly annoying lately. This started happening since the last update imo. First I thought it had somethig to do with the "on call" option, but sometimes when I try to join a job (not on call), I appear as "Joined" on my screen, other people will still see me as "Joining", and they can't start the job. Please fix this R*.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

all i can say is i know some people who went from wireless to wired and a good majority of the issues went away. though i have some friends who still have issues with online even though there wired . i do know this game is ran on dedicated severs, not like cod where its based off of the best connection a particular player has

I already made test connection with an Ethernet cable and I can tell you that the result was unchanged for me, as for many others. I have told you, the conclusion is simple.

Same here, no difference. I've always played every game wireless with ZERO problems. Rockstar is at fault 100%. sh*tty code on sh*tty outdated hardware plain and simple. Worked fine til they added content creator then everything went to sh*t.
  • hei3enberg and -Jacking- like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Sometimes the lobby lags beyond belief, but that's very rarely. What Rockstar should do is implement dedicated servers. This is free advice Rockstar. You have my full permission and consent to implement this into the game.

I do not understand how they can have servers unstable with all the billions they
Take Two (parent company to R*) made a billion, not R*. R* was paid salaries, and money from cash card sales are funding future projects and updates.

Anyone complaining R* made billions is talking out of ignorance. Do a little research before making unsubstantiated statements.

OT - I have phenomenal internet and never freeze or get connection messages, im going to say its your connection. Or you have a dirty ass console you have never opened and cleaned.

I don't give a f*ck if they made 2 billion or lost 2 billion, they created the issue in a patch. I have phenomenal Internet as well, constant connection issues after patch, none before it. What does this tell us? Zero doubt the patch caused it. If you never freeze or get connection errors you must not play often or with any others because EVERYONE sees them. No f*cking way you have never had anyone time out to a job or session you've played in if you've played online more then 5 minutes with other players. In the future please try to refrain from posting such stupid useless information when you have zero clue what you're taking about. Thanks.

Alarming
  • Alarming

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:20 PM Edited by Alarming, 02 August 2014 - 07:23 PM.

Person at work had issues, he went online and would always disconnect. He went to google and discovered "port forwarding" and put in the recommended IP address' s had no problems since.

If it was so wide spread as people claim, why are there not thousands of websites and news channels reporting it?? I could assure you, Ubisoft and others as well as news channels would jump on this to humiliate rockstar

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Sometimes the lobby lags beyond belief, but that's very rarely. What Rockstar should do is implement dedicated servers. This is free advice Rockstar. You have my full permission and consent to implement this into the game.

I do not understand how they can have servers unstable with all the billions they
Take Two (parent company to R*) made a billion, not R*. R* was paid salaries, and money from cash card sales are funding future projects and updates.

Anyone complaining R* made billions is talking out of ignorance. Do a little research before making unsubstantiated statements.

OT - I have phenomenal internet and never freeze or get connection messages, im going to say its your connection. Or you have a dirty ass console you have never opened and cleaned.

I don't give a f*ck if they made 2 billion or lost 2 billion, they created the issue in a patch. I have phenomenal Internet as well, constant connection issues after patch, none before it. What does this tell us? Zero doubt the patch caused it. If you never freeze or get connection errors you must not play often or with any others because EVERYONE sees them. No f*cking way you have never had anyone time out to a job or session you've played in if you've played online more then 5 minutes with other players. In the future please try to refrain from posting such stupid useless information when you have zero clue what you're taking about. Thanks.

+1 Those who say that bugs GTAO from our consoles surely play 2 or 3 minutes before stopping the game without really enjoy a session of GTAO to see how is really the Online mode.

• hei3enberg likes this

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Freezes are to common now and Im worried for my console. This is R* fault and I hope I can send them a bill for me having to buy a new console.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

I interpret your post with just a simple sentence : '' I have no connection problem and not freeze, it comes from you, from no rockstar, cordially, thank you and goodbye ''

So according to you, millions of players have, by chance, a bullsh*t connection simply because they started playing on GTAO? You will also tell me that the servers R* are very stable ? 

I put a score of 2/20 for your troll and thank you for your participation.

Or, as i said they (you) have a dirty ass console. I play with people all over the world, the only one who was freezing cleaned his machine and no longer does. So from pretty extensive experience, yes its not R*, or it would be happenig to everyone. If we are not freezing, maybe try to figure out why you are? Also, since there is not a single other game on the market pushing the hardware like gtav, yeah it may be hitting the limits of the console its on. Mostly sounds like you dont know how to maintain your equipment properly.

This forum is a small insignificant fraction of the player base, and most of them come here to bitch and moan, it is hardly representative of the whole. In reality, none of my largee friends list are freezing, severs seem to be phenomenal considering the load.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

It is 100% rockstars fault. Anyone who says different should be suspected as a paid schill.

I have never had any issues even close to what happens on gtao and ive played online sincr ps2. Yah ps2 could run an online server more efficiently. I played everquest and socom on ps2 and never had as many connection issues. Its despicable, and fixable which makes it worse.

Wow at your ignorance, not only did ps2 not play anything like gtav, nothing does now because there is no comparable game. You call it fixable yet namedropped your ps2, im curious to hear your "fix" lmao.

"Why dis broke eye played socum on pstwos!"

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

I interpret your post with just a simple sentence : '' I have no connection problem and not freeze, it comes from you, from no rockstar, cordially, thank you and goodbye ''

So according to you, millions of players have, by chance, a bullsh*t connection simply because they started playing on GTAO? You will also tell me that the servers R* are very stable ? 

I put a score of 2/20 for your troll and thank you for your participation.

Or, as i said they (you) have a dirty ass console. I play with people all over the world, the only one who was freezing cleaned his machine and no longer does. So from pretty extensive experience, yes its not R*, or it would be happenig to everyone. If we are not freezing, maybe try to figure out why you are? Also, since there is not a single other game on the market pushing the hardware like gtav, yeah it may be hitting the limits of the console its on. Mostly sounds like you dont know how to maintain your equipment properly.

This forum is a small insignificant fraction of the player base, and most of them come here to bitch and moan, it is hardly representative of the whole. In reality, none of my largee friends list are freezing, severs seem to be phenomenal considering the load.

You are the alone who assert the opposite of what I say. So your argument is not credible when you say that you play with players without problems [Bug and freezes]

If the problem comes from my console, how do you explain that I have problems ONLY ON GTA V?

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

+1 Those who say that bugs GTAO from our consoles surely play 2 or 3 minutes before stopping the game without really enjoy a session of GTAO to see how is really the Online mode.

Making up a straw-man-argument, used by the incompetent worldwide!

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

Wow at your ignorance, not only did ps2 not play anything like gtav, nothing does now because there is no comparable game. You call it fixable yet namedropped your ps2, im curious to hear your "fix" lmao.

"Why dis broke eye played socum on pstwos!"

Listen friend, stop taking sides Rockstar I beg you. It's fine if you think they have stable servers as you are implying, but do not contradict those who have their opinion. If my point of view says that the problem is in rockstar [As 85% of players GTA] then you can not contradict me for several reasons that I mentioned on this topic.

Making up a straw-man-argument, used by the incompetent worldwide!

Do not talk about points when you employ ''ass''

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Lol, literally nothing you said changed or addressed any of my statement. I can guaruntee my playtime trumps yours, and no i never freeze or timeout. Ever.

I was correcting idiot-sanchez's moronic statement about the billion profit, and went on to state my personal freezing status. Im sure you are just spouting troll-drivel, but exactly what piece of information was incorrect? I mean you would have no frame of reference for my freezing, and what i said about the profits is factual. So, you are just a sad angry troll then?

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Lol, literally nothing you said changed or addressed any of my statement. I can guaruntee my playtime trumps yours, and no i never freeze or timeout. Ever.

I was correcting idiot-sanchez's moronic statement about the billion profit, and went on to state my personal freezing status. Im sure you are just spouting troll-drivel, but exactly what piece of information was incorrect? I mean you would have no frame of reference for my freezing, and what i said about the profits is factual. So, you are just a sad angry troll then?

Error. Literally, I can expose argument more concrete than yours, verbally speaking. I played for about 1:30 [At night more often] and I have continually a disconnections or error messages more than five times before being able to play without problems. 

Concerning problems freezes, I have no problem since the 1.14 update but I still have problems with loads of buildings when I ride at full speed. This is due to my console, do you mean? Unfortunately for your assertion, no. 

Because I take care of my console, I dusted daily. 

GTA IV, I have no problem [In multiplayer also] 

About connection problems: My routers are all open [I followed the tutorial of Rockstar on ALL details exposed] 

I have nearly 123 to 115 Mbps and I've never had a problem connecting with all my other games, except GTA V 

I'll say it again: You have no convincing argument. 99% of people on this topic are agree with me. And your side, I have not seen anyone confirm what you say.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

[/quote]Listen friend, stop taking sides Rockstar I beg you. It's fine if you think they have stable servers as you are implying, but do not contradict those who have their opinion. If my point of view says that the problem is in rockstar [As 85% of players GTA] then you can not contradict me for several reasons that I mentioned on this topic.[/quote]

So let me get this straight, you made a topic as a question but do not want answers? Lol.

85% of players huh, lets see a link to that information? Or are we just making things up again? You are making a fool of yourself with your bs comments. If you have to lie to make a point, it is not valid.

While its completely over your head, most of your comments on this thread are filled with lies and idiocy. If you look around online people are stopping freezing by cleaning their machine, getting a better connection, or reinstalling the updates. If it was R*, why are they stopping the freezing with no assistan e from R*. (and i never froze to begin with) Answer, its you not them. Figure out why.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Error. Literally, I can expose argument more concrete than yours, verbally speaking. I played for about 1:30 [At night more often] and I have continually a disconnections or error messages more than five times before being able to play without problems. 

Concerning problems freezes, I have no problem since the 1.14 update but I still have problems with loads of buildings when I ride at full speed. This is due to my console, do you mean? Unfortunately for your assertion, no. 

About connection problems: My routers are all open [I followed the tutorial of Rockstar on ALL details exposed] 

I have nearly 123 to 115 Mbps and I've never had a problem connecting with all my other games, except GTA V 

I'll say it again: You have no convincing argument. 99% of people on this topic are agree with me. And your side, I have not seen anyone confirm what you say.

That is beautiful, easily the most ridiculous thing i have read on this forum, bravo.

If there is one thing i love, its hard to read gibberish making a point comprised of lies, bs statistics, and far reaching opinions based on ignorance.

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

[/quote]Listen friend, stop taking sides Rockstar I beg you. It's fine if you think they have stable servers as you are implying, but do not contradict those who have their opinion. If my point of view says that the problem is in rockstar [As 85% of players GTA] then you can not contradict me for several reasons that I mentioned on this topic.[/quote]

So let me get this straight, you made a topic as a question but do not want answers? Lol.

85% of players huh, lets see a link to that information? Or are we just making things up again? You are making a fool of yourself with your bs comments. If you have to lie to make a point, it is not valid.

While its completely over your head, most of your comments on this thread are filled with lies and idiocy. If you look around online people are stopping freezing by cleaning their machine, getting a better connection, or reinstalling the updates. If it was R*, why are they stopping the freezing with no assistan e from R*. (and i never froze to begin with) Answer, its you not them. Figure out why.

Exactly, 85%. Because losers like you, I read very often, so I guess two things: 

Either you are a fan-boy rockstar who does not realize he is nothing more than a simple fan that enriches his favorite developers and they do not fill up your fridge, and do not even know you exist. 

Either you are classifiable troll, and I opt for this option .. I have many acquaintances who have the same problem as people here like me too, and guys like you, it's rare that I 'noticing. The freeze came from rockstar, that's for sure! Since the 1.14 update I no longer have any freeze, this is evidence that the problem came from them and they have corrected. This argument holds the road better than yours.

It is useless to want to thwart what has already was materialized.

My comments are filled with lie? How is it that many people here confirm my words? You really believe that your thoughts hold up? There are people who have freezes because of their console, I do not deny it! However, people have freezes the fault of the Rockstar servers. Is it hard to understand?

That is beautiful, easily the most ridiculous thing i have read on this forum, bravo.

If there is one thing i love, its hard to read gibberish making a point comprised of lies, bs statistics, and far reaching opinions based on ignorance.

Okay, I'm a liar. I'm an idiot, I'm an assh*le. If your argument boils down to it, then you are the champion of the argument. I do not care what I represent to you, I'll answer with facts and with an logicism easy to understand, and you? You insult. 

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GTA KING. NO CHEAT CODES.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

I get signed out even in story mode at times, so the problems does lie within Rockstar. But think about it..its a pretty big game to run, also with modders and hackers and just plain idiots attacking the code daily with cheats or glitches that things are going to unstable. But I also played since Day 1 and I will admit there used to be hardly to any console freezes or disconnects, but the cheating and hacking wasn't as big back then either. But since the glitches have become the normal each update and the hot fixes that come along with them I have seen more and more connection issues. Just this morning I was in a private lobby waiting on a crew member to pick up a phoenix I found , chilling in the car for 30 minutes straight and was completely signed out for no reason. Same thing happened in a lobby yesterday where mysteriously and randomly prop objects like Gas Tanks and Construction Fences where materializing right before my eyes during a shoot-out...signed completely out. When I say signed completely out I don't mean the "connection lost to unknown error message" but instantly signed out of PSN abruptly.

So my only suggestion is that its between the hacking destroying the game and Rockstar attempts to repair the damage causes these connections issues.  I decided to skip on paying $525 to play this on either PS4/Xb1, I rather just stay on the PS3 and play on the crap ass servers for free.

• -Jacking- likes this

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:57 PM Edited by Roronoa Zoro, 02 August 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Your grasp of the language you are using is tenuous at best. If you have nothing of substance to say i think we are done here. Reading your incoherent bs hurts my brain lol.
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

T.E.L.T.

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:04 PM Edited by Agent-Sanchez, 02 August 2014 - 09:04 PM.

Your grasp of the language you are using is tenuous at best. If you have nothing of substance to say i think we are done here. Reading your incoherent bs hurts my brain lol.

So I can then interpret your sentence like this: I have more arguments in stock. I admit being wrong secretly without showing. And i take leak

PS : If I did not know the language, many people have accused me of being incoherent. But there is only you who reproach me this. As for bugs Connection LOL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users