Photo

Do you really think that the connection problems come from internet pl

81 replies to this topic
-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by Agent-Sanchez, 02 August 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Players? *

As implied Rockstar, I have trouble imagining that the connection errors messages come from our connections. Because I see a lot of players have, like me [when the last day is 1.14 out] and it seems odd to me that we have problems only on this game. In the period of freezes, I had a lot of problems freezes after the release of the update 1.11 and Rockstar stated that it came from my console. But strangely, since the update 1.14 I do not have any problems. This is proof that it came from Rockstar,  and not to me. So why the connection bugs come from me while I have never had a connection problem on all the games I've played on PS3 [COD, Storm 3, Storm 2, battlefield, MW, AC, Watch Dogs, etc.] I'm serious! I had my first bug [freeze and connection] on GTA V. And I had bugs connection when the 1.06 update is released. I assure you that I could always play smoothly unlike many players who complained about the bugs first day of the release of GTAO. So either my connection does not like servers Rockstar or the updates are the cause of all this. [likely]

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

i get some pretty big lag spikes when someone leaves or gets killed in gtao.

i'm on xbox.

• Heists likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

i get some pretty big lag spikes when someone leaves or gets killed in gtao.

i'm on xbox.

Me also on PS3.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Sometimes the lobby lags beyond belief, but that's very rarely. What Rockstar should do is implement dedicated servers. This is free advice Rockstar. You have my full permission and consent to implement this into the game.

• TheMckeever and NubcakeVII like this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Sometimes the lobby lags beyond belief, but that's very rarely. What Rockstar should do is implement dedicated servers. This is free advice Rockstar. You have my full permission and consent to implement this into the game.

I do not understand how they can have servers unstable with all the billions they

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

I pay for very good internet. Its pretty reliable and I can tell that most of my issues lately have either been service upgrades in my area, poblems with my network and live service alerts where matchmaking may be an issue....its not always rockstars fault. Early on yes....now...check your network.

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

My conection is optical fiber 100mb. Never had lag in any game, but GTAO.
  • SilkySkillz85 likes this

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Its easier for R* to blame players - I used to have no issues joining games when GTA First game out - not I get all sort of time outs after recent "patches" and I have a 50 mb connection - I also have no issues playing any other game yet all R* do is copy and paste that bull s*it article about Nat type 

• -Jacking- likes this

Ikeblaster
  • Ikeblaster

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

I usually have amazing internet but after 1.15 I would freeze after half an hour and if not that then whenever I go near some people it crashes

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

It may be BS, but I'd read it's a user in the session who is the host, not a server, so if the user has cheap/poor internet (like me), there can be problems. Dedicated servers might cause the need for P2P from R*'s view though, so I'm iffy either way on the issue.

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:29 PM Edited by Agent-Sanchez, 01 August 2014 - 08:25 PM.

I pay for very good internet. Its pretty reliable and I can tell that most of my issues lately have either been service upgrades in my area, poblems with my network and live service alerts where matchmaking may be an issue....its not always rockstars fault. Early on yes....now...check your network.

Lol. Why should I check my network if I have NO problem connection EXCEPT on GTAO ? I'm not going hack my router for a problem that does not come from me, but the servers rockstar.

It may be BS, but I'd read it's a user in the session who is the host, not a server, so if the user has cheap/poor internet (like me), there can be problems. Dedicated servers might cause the need for P2P from R*'s view though, so I'm iffy either way on the issue.

This is true .. BUT! The updates are also sometimes involved.

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Its R*. I have a great connection and I usually play NHL 14 for a few hours before I play GTAO. I never ever once get disconnected from NHL 14, but as soon as I start playing GTAO, I get disconnected within the hour. It usually happens 3-4 times a night.

• ZeroF0rce likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Its R*. I have a great connection and I usually play NHL 14 for a few hours before I play GTAO. I never ever once get disconnected from NHL 14, but as soon as I start playing GTAO, I get disconnected within the hour. It usually happens 3-4 times a night.

I have almost 4 disconnections per night when I start GTAO 

After the 1.14 patch I have not had a single connection problem / freeze to patch 1.15

My router are all open to the EA servers 

I have a very stable connection, and I've never had ONE problem with my connection for 6 years on PS3! Thank you Rockstar for have changed it...
  • gorskiegangsta likes this

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by gorskiegangsta, 01 August 2014 - 09:21 PM.

No, I don't think it is on ISPs' side. At least the majority of it isn't. I've got a pretty solid and stable connection with low ping as well as a high end router, and I use an Ethernet cable for the console. Even with all of that, although I rarely had any freezes, there are still plenty of hangs when joining sessions, and sometimes even disconnects. This has to be R* server side. The matchmaking in GTA:O definitely needs more polish, and that's putting it lightly.

Oh, I'm on Xbox, if that makes any difference (from what I hear, the connectivity issues are cross platform).
  • -Jacking- likes this

zQUEENz
  • zQUEENz

zQueen MsBz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, pretty much what everyone saying, this game is so heavy on my internet. Sometimes I have to disconnect my laptop from downloading when I'm playing GTAO because I get disconnect from players so easily with the "Unknown Network Connection" error.

I can see why they have player's as the server with their type of matchmatching connection, but at the same time for this type of game, they just need to buy dedicated servers and it'll be a lot more stable.

Eh.

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

No, I don't think it is on ISPs' side. At least the majority of it isn't. I've got a pretty solid and stable connection with low ping as well as a high end router, and I use an Ethernet cable for the console. Even with all of that, although I rarely had any freezes, there are still plenty of hangs when joining sessions, and sometimes even disconnects. This has to be R* server side. The matchmaking in GTA:O definitely needs more polish, and that's putting it lightly.

Oh, I'm on Xbox, if that makes any difference (from what I hear, the connectivity issues are cross platform).

If you have an Ethernet cable and that despite all attempts, you still have connection problems on GTAO, there is no doubt that it comes from the side of Rockstar! Because I play wireless. I have 17 ping, my router signal is 100% for my console, everything is perfectly fine on all games I play in multiplayer mode. Since the 1.06 update I always knew it was from Rockstar. 

My DNS servers are those google too, with all that rockstar recommended me I managed to optimize my connection for all my games except GTAO where the problem persists, so it is impossible that it comes Player.

I had to change my router and take that my brother who needed it more, and thanks to that, I have an excellent connectivity but the problem still persists for GTAO. I can not be satisfied on the point that the cause of bugs come from our networks. Many players have problems connections, freezes, and other... and all this ONLY GTAO, so it's easy to make a conclusion that it comes and always came from the servers R*

Yeah, pretty much what everyone saying, this game is so heavy on my internet. Sometimes I have to disconnect my laptop from downloading when I'm playing GTAO because I get disconnect from players so easily with the "Unknown Network Connection" error.

I can see why they have player's as the server with their type of matchmatching connection, but at the same time for this type of game, they just need to buy dedicated servers and it'll be a lot more stable.

Eh.

Exactly. Rockstar must also make efforts on his part, because the problem can not come entirely from us. They certainly have a lot of problems to fix on their servers

Muskidinho04
  • Muskidinho04

God of Thunder

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

all i can say is i know some people who went from wireless to wired and a good majority of the issues went away. though i have some friends who still have issues with online even though there wired . i do know this game is ran on dedicated severs, not like cod where its based off of the best connection a particular player has

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

all i can say is i know some people who went from wireless to wired and a good majority of the issues went away. though i have some friends who still have issues with online even though there wired . i do know this game is ran on dedicated severs, not like cod where its based off of the best connection a particular player has

I already made test connection with an Ethernet cable and I can tell you that the result was unchanged for me, as for many others. I have told you, the conclusion is simple.

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Jets are love, Jets are life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

Most definitely. If I go into an invite only session there is little to no lag. I have never froze or disconnected when playing unless I was in a public session.

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

Most definitely. If I go into an invite only session there is little to no lag. I have never froze or disconnected when playing unless I was in a public session.

There is no possible bug in a session on invitation. But in public session, everything changes! And this is what I not understand.

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Jets are love, Jets are life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

@Agent-Sanchez

I guess it could be R* fault in public sessions because I haven't froze since 1.14.

• Roronoa Zoro likes this

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Trying to change

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by EvilFiend, 01 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Personally I think its rockstar. I have 50mb DL and 10-20mb UL depending on the time of day and I play many games, none of which I get constantly DCd from the servers. Yet when I play GTAO its just DCing and freezing like crazy. I have tried playing through a cable connection but it was just the same as wireless

• -Jacking- likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

@Agent-Sanchez

I guess it could be R* fault in public sessions because I haven't froze since 1.14.

I also think! When I drive fast in my Entity XF, I have freezes of 5 seconds and buildings load very slowly, because of patch 1.14

• JetsRLove likes this

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by Roronoa Zoro, 01 August 2014 - 10:06 PM.

I do not understand how they can have servers unstable with all the billions they
Take Two (parent company to R*) made a billion, not R*. R* was paid salaries, and money from cash card sales are funding future projects and updates.

Anyone complaining R* made billions is talking out of ignorance. Do a little research before making unsubstantiated statements.

OT - I have phenomenal internet and never freeze or get connection messages, im going to say its your connection. Or you have a dirty ass console you have never opened and cleaned.
  • Alarming likes this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

Take Two (parent company to R*) made a billion, not R*. R* was paid salaries, and money from cash card sales are funding future projects and updates.

Anyone complaining R* made billions is talking out of ignorance. Do a little research before making unsubstantiated statements.

OT - I have phenomenal internet and never freeze or get connection messages, im going to say its your connection. Or you have a dirty ass console you have never opened and cleaned.

rockstar fanboy detected

• -Jacking- likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

I interpret your post with just a simple sentence : '' I have no connection problem and not freeze, it comes from you, from no rockstar, cordially, thank you and goodbye ''

So according to you, millions of players have, by chance, a bullsh*t connection simply because they started playing on GTAO? You will also tell me that the servers R* are very stable ? 

I put a score of 2/20 for your troll and thank you for your participation.

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

i'm having a lot of problems those days... after half hour all the players exit my freemode lobby..  (and yes, thats basically me leaving) but that is so annoying 'cause time i try to find another session i get timed out, and to play again i gotta reset my console.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

I upgraded my internet. It's now three times as fast as it was since online went active in October.
I thought that would help but it really didn't. I'm still getting kicked off and the server issues still persist.
I'm hoping the upcoming patch fixes the server problems or when I go to PS4 the problems are corrected. One can only hope.
  • TheMckeever likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

I upgraded my internet. It's now three times as fast as it was since online went active in October.
I thought that would help but it really didn't. I'm still getting kicked off and the server issues still persist.
I'm hoping the upcoming patch fixes the server problems or when I go to PS4 the problems are corrected. One can only hope.

I doubt there will be changes on PS4. The problem will not be the next-gen console but just the R* servers ... 

You should keep your money for five years, when GTA VI comes out, or await the result of GTA V PS4 to see if it is worth the purchase
  • TheMckeever likes this

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

I (probably mistakenly) attribute lag issues down to other players, due to them being on slow connections or on another continent completely. I have an 'up to 80 megabit' internet connection which tops out at just over 79 megabit in speed tests :)

Regarding the issues about trying to find a new session or going from storymode to online and getting the error saying unable to find a compatable (or did they name it 'suitable'?) session and being unceremoneously dumped back into storymode, I don't believe that's my interenet connection to blame as I have had in the past two Xboxes running next to each other both running GTA Online, where one got dumped into storymode when trying to switch sessions and the other didn't lose connection to the GTA servers when that happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users