Photo

JDM Appreciation Thread

39 replies to this topic
xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

Nice guy, TRIES to be friendly online.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by xXRobbie98Xx, 05 August 2014 - 09:36 PM.

So I thought I'd create a thread were we could show off just our JDM/Tuner cars.

I'll start with my Karin Futo (Nissan Skyline R30 RS Turbo/Toyota Corolla Levin AE86): 149xppv.jpgk4e2aq.jpgmsonig.jpg

Here is my Übermacht Sentinel XS (BMW E92 M3):
8zin1v.jpg
29wl9xf.jpg
2h3q8eg.jpg

Here is my Elegy RH8 (Nissan R35 GT-R):
1y4mbq.jpg
1zn92f8.jpg
f3s7fc.jpg

I will be adding more of my cars to this post.

(Please note that any other cars like SUV's, Supercars, Ricers etc. are not permitted)

Also, cars based off of European cars like the Übermacht Sentinel (BMW E92 M3), Benefactor Schwartzer (Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG) or the Obey Tailgater (Audi A6) are definitely allowed!
  • Jeone and Commander S like this

Eightsix Trueno
  • Eightsix Trueno

Ridiculous Camber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

0_0.jpg

Hatchback Love

0_0.jpg

Paul Walker Tribute

0_0.jpg

Hachiroku(AE86)

• Twin Turbo and xXRobbie98Xx like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Oh, gawd - where to begin...

Maibatsu Penumbra (Mitsubishi Eclipse GS):

0_0.jpg

Zirconium Stratum (Nissan Skyline R32 Wagon):

0_0.jpg

Karin Futo (Toyota Corolla Levin AE86):

0_0.jpg

Vulcar Warrener (Nissan Skyline C10):

0_0.jpg

Karin Sultan RS (Honda Civic ES Sedan):

0_0.jpg

Annis Elegy RH8 (Nissan GT-R):

0_0.jpg

Bravado Banshee (Mazda RX-7 FD):

0_0.jpg

(last one's a bit of a stretch, admittedly, but the front's clearly borrowed from a Mazda, and it's the nearest substitute until R* gets their act together, and adds the ZR-350 from San Andreas... ;) )
  • Twin Turbo and xXRobbie98Xx like this

xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg I love you Eclipse!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Bravado Banshee (Mazda RX-7 FD):0_0.jpg
(last one's a bit of a stretch, admittedly, but the front's clearly borrowed from a Mazda, and it's the nearest substitute until R* gets their act together, and adds the ZR-350 from San Andreas... ;) )

Potato Bizzle
  • Potato Bizzle

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

21944758_BG1.jpg

• NAWE_ALARC, TeamDarkstar and tmtakumi like this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

I have a few pictures of my Japanese cars sitting around. I need to take more photos, but here's what I have so far:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I used to have a Ruiner, which I styled after the Mazda RX-7 FC Savanna. I realised after a while that styling a Camaro/Firebird after a Japanese car wasn't going to work, so I sold it.

0_0.jpg

Still gotta get pics of my Penumbra, Warrener, BeeJay XL and Rebel. May pick up an Asterope for sh*ts and giggles.

• SpeederX96, Commander S, xXRobbie98Xx and 1 other like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Oh, yeah - forgot about the Rebel (focusing too much on my sportier additions)! Here's mine:

0_0.jpg

xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

21944758_BG1.jpg

*cough* I think I mentioned "No Ricers"

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Difference between this:

zele-r35-gt-r-complete-edition_7.jpg

...and this:

35010317.jpg

Well done, son - clearly a GT-R, and not an Infiniti G35 with some eye-gougingly bad plastic stuck on it...   :beerhat:

• Twin Turbo likes this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by Inbred Walrus, 03 August 2014 - 05:49 PM.

To add on to Cmdr_Sheperd's post. The term "rice" is also not limited to Japanese cars:

Spoiler

Just because something is Japanese, does not automatically mean it's rice.

Spoiler

I don't get the hate against Japanese cars. They're not evil. It doesn't make you "patriotic" to hate on JDM. If you don't like JDM, don't come into this thread. Simple.

Alright guys, let's get back on topic before this becomes a f*ck fest of insults.

Potato Bizzle
  • Potato Bizzle

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd, 03 August 2014 - 09:00 PM.

So what? Doesn't take away from the GT-R - or the entire Skyline lineage, or the Supra, or the Silvia, the RX-7, the 'Z' cars, the AE86, etc., usw. ...

And besides, considering the standard of modern Chevrolet offerings, I'd rather marvel at the sheer engineering brilliance of a Skyline, over some flimsy plastic (hello, modern Corvette...) death-trap:

Unfair? Possibly - you can't hold the shortcomings of modern crap against a classic Chevy (Camaro SS!), Pontiac, Dodge, etc. But that's just the same as denigrating all Japanese motors as 'ricers' (and without the added xenophobia, too) - much like how it's rank hypocrisy to fawn all over some classic US hot-rod, then pour scorn over a Bōsōzoku custom job.

Ironically enough, the idiots who buy cheaper Japanese motors and deck 'em out with plastic and stickers (because "stickers make 'em go faster!") tend to be Western 'boy racers' (US and UK, if not elsewhere) - hence why I use that term to slag off dodgy home-made customs, not 'ricer'*. Blame the moron, not whatever poor ride they've gone and vandalised to impress their equally-dense mates...

*and yeah - if it's just an excuse to let out one's inner racist twat-sandwich (like that bloody 'coal-roller' crowd - yeesh...  :facedesk: ), then they can go do the world a favour and choke on their own fumes. Because with them, it's not about the cars - as I say, it's just an excuse to be a retrograde asshole.

Potato Bizzle
  • Potato Bizzle

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by Potato Bizzle, 03 August 2014 - 10:49 PM.

So what? Doesn't take away from the GT-R - or the entire Skyline lineage, or the Supra, or the Silvia, the RX-7, the 'Z' cars, the AE86, etc., usw. ...

And besides, considering the standard of modern Chevrolet offerings, I'd rather marvel at the sheer engineering brilliance of a Skyline, over some flimsy plastic (hello, modern Corvette...) death-trap:

Unfair? Possibly - you can't hold the shortcomings of modern crap against a classic Chevy (Camaro SS!), Pontiac, Dodge, etc. But that's just the same as denigrating all Japanese motors as 'ricers' (and without the added xenophobia, too) - much like how it's rank hypocrisy to fawn all over some classic US hot-rod, then pour scorn over a Bōsōzoku custom job.

Ironically enough, the idiots who buy cheaper Japanese motors and deck 'em out with plastic and stickers (because "stickers make 'em go faster!") tend to be Western 'boy racers' (US and UK, if not elsewhere) - hence why I use that term to slag off dodgy home-made customs, not 'ricer'*. Blame the moron, not whatever poor ride they've gone and vandalised to impress their equally-dense mates...

*and yeah - if it's just an excuse to let out one's inner racist twat-sandwich (like that bloody 'coal-roller' crowd - yeesh...  :facedesk: ), then they can go do the world a favour and choke on their own fumes. Because with them, it's not about the cars - as I say, it's just an excuse to be a retrograde asshole.

It wasn't to bash the GTR, it was to prove a point because 99.782738735% of JDM fanboys believe that it is untouchable. I like all cars. I hate fanboys (there are clearly some present), especially the JDM ones. Wonder why? Go to any youtube video with a GTR in it where it gets spanked by any other kind of car, check the comments, and look at the excuses. To sum it up:

114857__feedworld-the-fanboy-translator-

By the way, you clearly haven't seen the new C7 stingray if you think they're made of plastic. As we all know, the GTR has no plastic whatsoever right?

edit: I also agree with you about the "coal rolling" community. That crap is pointless and unappealing.

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd, 03 August 2014 - 11:37 PM.

Heh - was talking about the C6, specifically - the C7's a massive improvement (as in, it doesn't bend when you lean on it...).

Agreed, though - and I wish that fanboys wouldn't equate a car being 'not the greatest thing EVAH' with 'not being good at all'. The GT-R's an impressive machine, and in a way, trying to unrealistically paint it as some nigh-on unbeatable monster just undermines what the thing actually is. Same way that I think the RX-7* (FD) is an absolute marvel, and I'd take it over a Veyron any day, but I'm not so blind that I won't concede that technically, a hypercar like that is going to trounce a conventional '90s sports car.

As for 'ricer', that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but that and 'rice-burner' need to die the death, because anyone using those basically sounds like a) they can't see past their jingoism in order to appreciate a decent machine, and b) they're just spoiling to be xenophobic/racist. Even if someone isn't those things (as I'm sure most people who use it aren't - it's just a term that's been picked up as lazy shorthand), they run the risk of being tarred by the same brush through association - 'if it quacks like a duck', an' all that.

*Speaking of which, I'm just going to remind myself that we still haven't got a decent HD update (but not a total revision, like wot happened with the Jester - ugh...) of the ZR-350... *sob, sniff*

ZR350_1.JPG

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

Fag cars.

CjLosSantos
  • CjLosSantos

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Bravado Banshee (Mazda RX-7 FD):

0_0.jpg

the sultan is a sti or lancer evo not a honda
  • chili27 and thechriskarel like this

xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Fag cars.

says the guy who has a half naked black guy as his profile pic.
  • chili27 and thechriskarel like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:27 PM Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd, 04 August 2014 - 06:38 PM.

0_0.jpg

Technically, it's more a 1st-gen Lexus IS (300 specifically)/Toyota Altezza (Karin = Toyota), with some Lancer Evo details added, although the custom options (particularly the hood vent) do turn it into more of a Subaru (the San Andreas version was almost a pure '90s WRX).

640px-Lexus_IS_300_Millennium_Silver_Met

...that said, it's also the closest thing the game has to the Honda Civic sedan - if you look at the 6th/7th-gen models, it's almost like a blend of the two:

640px-96-98_Honda_Civic_sedan.jpg

640px-2001-2003_Honda_Civic_sedan.jpg

Like using the Banshee as a substitute for the facelift Mazda RX-7*, it's not perfect - but it's close enough for me! ;) Although I'm still holding out hope for something resembling a 5th-gen Civic coupe/hatchback:

5th-gen_Honda_Civic_Coupe.jpg

trippy bongos
  • trippy bongos

lift em up again

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

Yeah it's Dinka bu I think Jester looks like BMW i8 Spyder(but not hybrid):

bmw-i8-concept-spyder1.jpg

xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:12 PM Edited by xXRobbie98Xx, 04 August 2014 - 07:12 PM.

No the Jester is most definitely the new Honda NSX.

xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

0_0.jpg

Technically, it's more a 1st-gen Lexus IS (300 specifically)/Toyota Altezza (Karin = Toyota), with some Lancer Evo details added, although the custom options (particularly the hood vent) do turn it into more of a Subaru (the San Andreas version was almost a pure '90s WRX).640px-Lexus_IS_300_Millennium_Silver_Met
...that said, it's also the closest thing the game has to the Honda Civic sedan - if you look at the 6th/7th-gen models, it's almost like a blend of the two:640px-96-98_Honda_Civic_sedan.jpg640px-2001-2003_Honda_Civic_sedan.jpg
Like using the Banshee as a substitute for the facelift Mazda RX-7*, it's not perfect - but it's close enough for me! ;) Although I'm still holding out hope for something resembling a 5th-gen Civic coupe/hatchback:5th-gen_Honda_Civic_Coupe.jpg
This game definitely needs some Hondas! I'd like to see the EK9 or EM1 added pronto!
  • Commander S likes this

ELGBAiZ
  • ELGBAiZ

STRR

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

0_0.jpg

This god damn car.. Always hated the Penumbra, but this one, man..
Color?

bruinsfan94
  • bruinsfan94

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

0_0.jpg

Technically, it's more a 1st-gen Lexus IS (300 specifically)/Toyota Altezza (Karin = Toyota), with some Lancer Evo details added, although the custom options (particularly the hood vent) do turn it into more of a Subaru (the San Andreas version was almost a pure '90s WRX).640px-Lexus_IS_300_Millennium_Silver_Met
...that said, it's also the closest thing the game has to the Honda Civic sedan - if you look at the 6th/7th-gen models, it's almost like a blend of the two:640px-96-98_Honda_Civic_sedan.jpg640px-2001-2003_Honda_Civic_sedan.jpg
Like using the Banshee as a substitute for the facelift Mazda RX-7*, it's not perfect - but it's close enough for me! ;) Although I'm still holding out hope for something resembling a 5th-gen Civic coupe/hatchback:5th-gen_Honda_Civic_Coupe.jpg
This game definitely needs some Hondas! I'd like to see the EK9 or EM1 added pronto!

I second this. When I had my EG Coupe I wanted to make a rep of what I wanted the finished product to be but couldn't find anything remotely close in relations. I've since sold it and bought an RSX and am struggling with finding a rep car in game. I used the Penumbra and it came out alright I guess. Hondas would make sense too seeing how the Honda scene is pretty big in SoCal

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:15 PM Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd, 05 August 2014 - 08:16 PM.

0_0.jpg

Color?

Heh - that's just plain ol' Metallic Blue, with the standard (i.e. unchanged) pearlescent.   ;)

Didn't really like it at first, either - but then I realised that going with removed grille/carbon insert, you can get a result not unlike the 'Furious 6' GT-R, which suits it rather nicely, IMO:

Fast-and-Furious-6-Nissan-GTR.jpg

Obviously it's fully upgraded - admittedly, the Penumbra's a really awful drive stock, but it comes into its own when given enough 'oomph' under the hood.

• ELGBAiZ likes this

caarl00s
  • caarl00s

:)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

It's a mix heavily based between the BMW i8 and the new NSX, the front looks reaaally similar to the i8, as well for the back to the NSX

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Friendship is carrots. Hope you like carrots.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

It's a mix heavily based between the BMW i8 and the new NSX, the front looks reaaally similar to the i8, as well for the back to the NSX

Acura/Honda NSX:

Spoiler

Dinka Jester:

Spoiler

I'm still thinking that it's a close replica of the 2013 NSX.

xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:26 AM Edited by xXRobbie98Xx, 09 August 2014 - 10:26 AM.

0_0.jpg

Color?

Heh - that's just plain ol' Metallic Blue, with the standard (i.e. unchanged) pearlescent.   ;)
Didn't really like it at first, either - but then I realised that going with removed grille/carbon insert, you can get a result not unlike the 'Furious 6' GT-R, which suits it rather nicely, IMO:Fast-and-Furious-6-Nissan-GTR.jpg
Obviously it's fully upgraded - admittedly, the Penumbra's a really awful drive stock, but it comes into its own when given enough 'oomph' under the hood.
why didn't you just use the Elegy RH8?

Commander S
  • Commander S

We'll bang, OK?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

0_0.jpg

Color?

Didn't really like it at first, either - but then I realised that going with removed grille/carbon insert, you can get a result not unlike the 'Furious 6' GT-R, which suits it rather nicely, IMO:Fast-and-Furious-6-Nissan-GTR.jpg

A few reasons:

1. Primarily, was trying to find a look that suited the Penumbra - then I noticed the carbon hood insert and thought "...a-ha! GT-R styling!". Similarly...

2. ...you can't get that same 'black bar across the front' look on the Elegy', so it's actually easier to recreate the overall colour balance on the Penumbra.

3. I only want one of each car, and I'd already come up with the red/black scheme for my Elegy (seen above).

xXRobbie98Xx
  • xXRobbie98Xx

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

0_0.jpg

Color?

A few reasons:
1. Primarily, was trying to find a look that suited the Penumbra - then I noticed the carbon hood insert and thought "...a-ha! GT-R styling!". Similarly...
2. ...you can't get that same 'black bar across the front' look on the Elegy', so it's actually easier to recreate the overall colour balance on the Penumbra.

3. I only want one of each car, and I'd already come up with the red/black scheme for my Elegy (seen above).
Aww right I got ya ;)

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

You mods are lucky the search feature actually worked for once, I was just about to make this thread :/

Anyway, I present the swaggermobile...

GpQKub7.jpg
eygnYsP.jpg
  • xXRobbie98Xx likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users